FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dannyrj91

Garrison type?

I have recently started playing again after 7 years or so out and am now lvl 91.

My question is there anypoint in setting my garrison up to help with Raiding gear before Legion or should I set it up to optimise gold income?

Thanks in advance

Danny

At this point, I'd say just optimise for gold. Get what you can. Baleful gear and Mythic dungeons will get you into raiding gear fairly quickly anyway.

Completely agree with Blainie - there's nothing in Garrisons right now that will help you with raiding gear. All current PvE activities would reward you with much higher ilvl (Tanaan, Mythic dungeons, HFC LFR, crafting). Shipyard missions can bring you some baleful gear but it's so slow that is not worth bothering. 

TBH, a lvl2 shipyard got me an awesome tanking trinket but it will be "maybe useful" once a week - not really something to rely on.

Easy enough to gear up, I have enjoyed lvl'ing the garrison / SY on main, not bothering much on the alts though apart from profession stuff.

Thanks for the replies, I have seen a few guides regarding gold making through garrison but most of them are for whn you have a lvl3 garrison and are lvl100. Just now I am making my money through Tailoring and Disenchanting as my garrison is only lvl 2.

I would recommend getting the stables because you can farm and to other interactions while keeping mounted. And ofc for making the monies you will need a level 3 Inn/tavern once you are level 100. But getting the Inn/tavern earlier on - while leveling might help you getting the quests done which you will need for the level 3 blueprint-achievement^^
You might profit from dwarven bunker/war mill while leveling because of an increased item upgrading chance :)
Aaand finally, a lumber mill might help you to get garrison resources at the beginning.

17 hours ago, Bifi92 said:

I would recommend getting the stables because you can farm and to other interactions while keeping mounted. And ofc for making the monies you will need a level 3 Inn/tavern once you are level 100. But getting the Inn/tavern earlier on - while leveling might help you getting the quests done which you will need for the level 3 blueprint-achievement^^
You might profit from dwarven bunker/war mill while leveling because of an increased item upgrading chance :)
Aaand finally, a lumber mill might help you to get garrison resources at the beginning.

Thanks for the reply, seems you have mentioned just about every Medium building unfortunately I can only start with 1 :(. I have decided to go with Lumber mill for resources. Once I have enought I will get an Inn for quests. I think I have discovered there is no quick way of making gold with lvl2 garr. I was thinking about making hexweave bags but wasnt aware you could only craft so much hexweave per day.. Im now lvl96 so should be 100 in the next few days :), but it seems a long journey before I get my lvl 3 garrison.