Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Strange Stats

2 posts in this topic

I have played a PvE Fury Warrior for about 2-years and am only an average player.  I recently got 4-pieces of Tier-17 equipment and decided, using Baleful gear and Profession crafted gear, to get my gear stats to the soft caps of CRIT=>25% and HAST=>11%.  When those soft caps were reached, every stat improvement remaining to me went to MAST.  That included anything that WAS NOT needed to maintain the above listed CRIT and HAST stat caps:  enchants, gems, food, flasks and potions.  My total damage and dps in dungeons and raids has gone up by 15% over the course of the last 7 weeks.  Blizzard seems to have made my stats SO COMPLICATED.  And Icy Veins needs to get with the program and update its advice.  My Fury Warrior is no longer CRIT, CRIT, CRIT.

Good evening, Crodnoces.

First off, I would like some clarification on a couple of things:

1. Are you accurate in your post when you say Tier 17? This is Blackhand's Battlegear; tier from Blackrock Foundry.
  2. Is this your armory? Crodnoces @ Muradin

The reason I ask if that's your armory is because, as of right now it does not reflect anything except the 2PC set bonus from LFR Hellfire Citadel. This armory also seems to reflect the helm from Normal HFC. If this isn't yours, then an appropriate link to your armory would be nice and - if it is your armory - perhaps logging out in your most recently acquired gear would clear some confusion on my part. Another possibility that I can see is that you've obtained a 4PC set bonus but you're not wearing them to maintain your caps that you're looking for.

I'm also wondering where you're obtaining the information that a Fury Warrior is "CRIT, CRIT, CRIT"? If you're referring to the guide here, hosted on Icy Veins, it lists crit with respective percentage goals in relation to both Tier 17 and Tier 18. Until the point that you obtain your class trinket, crit is listed second to the haste breakpoints of 11% and 18%. Once you obtain your class trinket, it clearly states that mastery is your best secondary stat which drops crit down another spot in priority.

While you have not given any direct question to really answer, I hope my post is able to clear some things up for you. If not, please elaborate on what you feel is so "complicated" with the Fury Warrior stats.