FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Crodnoces

Strange Stats

I have played a PvE Fury Warrior for about 2-years and am only an average player.  I recently got 4-pieces of Tier-17 equipment and decided, using Baleful gear and Profession crafted gear, to get my gear stats to the soft caps of CRIT=>25% and HAST=>11%.  When those soft caps were reached, every stat improvement remaining to me went to MAST.  That included anything that WAS NOT needed to maintain the above listed CRIT and HAST stat caps:  enchants, gems, food, flasks and potions.  My total damage and dps in dungeons and raids has gone up by 15% over the course of the last 7 weeks.  Blizzard seems to have made my stats SO COMPLICATED.  And Icy Veins needs to get with the program and update its advice.  My Fury Warrior is no longer CRIT, CRIT, CRIT.

Good evening, Crodnoces.

First off, I would like some clarification on a couple of things:

1. Are you accurate in your post when you say Tier 17? This is Blackhand's Battlegear; tier from Blackrock Foundry.
  2. Is this your armory? Crodnoces @ Muradin

The reason I ask if that's your armory is because, as of right now it does not reflect anything except the 2PC set bonus from LFR Hellfire Citadel. This armory also seems to reflect the helm from Normal HFC. If this isn't yours, then an appropriate link to your armory would be nice and - if it is your armory - perhaps logging out in your most recently acquired gear would clear some confusion on my part. Another possibility that I can see is that you've obtained a 4PC set bonus but you're not wearing them to maintain your caps that you're looking for.

I'm also wondering where you're obtaining the information that a Fury Warrior is "CRIT, CRIT, CRIT"? If you're referring to the guide here, hosted on Icy Veins, it lists crit with respective percentage goals in relation to both Tier 17 and Tier 18. Until the point that you obtain your class trinket, crit is listed second to the haste breakpoints of 11% and 18%. Once you obtain your class trinket, it clearly states that mastery is your best secondary stat which drops crit down another spot in priority.

While you have not given any direct question to really answer, I hope my post is able to clear some things up for you. If not, please elaborate on what you feel is so "complicated" with the Fury Warrior stats.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aNamelessHenchman
      Hi Everyone,

Returning to D3 after an absence.
      Trying to figure out the best desired stat rolls for items as per the guides, have always struggled with this.
      Am deciding to play DH Shadow Impale build this season 25. For example:

The Compass Rose
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      So am I looking for a ring rolled with all these stats? Because most of the time it will roll with Dexterity. So wouldn't it be unlikely that I would find such a ring? 
      If I had one with say Dex,CHD,socket and Attack speed    -     should I reroll Dex into CHC? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of Ancients? (as the ancient would have possible higher Dex but not higher CHC)
      What if CHD was really low and Dex was really high? What if overall damage goes down because I re-roll Dex?
      I'm confused. Just trying to figure out how to decide between 2 items.
      EG: I have 2 Convention of Elements
      Priorities are:
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      Ring A (Ancient):                Ring B (non-Ancient):
      +618 Dexterity                     +473 Dexterity
      CHD : + 46% (rolled)            + 49% (rolled)
      CHC: + 4.5%                           +5.0%
      Socket                                     Socket
      The game shows no difference in damage but minus in toughness and recovery on Ring B (must be secondary stats)

Which Ring is better? (should I choose?)
      Thanks for any explanation of this. Especially @Deadset

• By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By teebling
      Hey IV, I made a simple stats calculator stats calculator for wow classic in javascript.
      You select a class, then enter values into the fields for Stamina, Strength, Agility, Intellect and Spirit. As you type it updates the results which show you useful information based on what stats you entered - like dodge, and crit percentages, class-specific statistics like Ranged AP for Hunters and block for Druids in bear form etc. 
      Hopefully people find this useful for comparing item benefits and racial starting stats, or for learning how base stats affect different classes in Classic. Did you know for example that Shamans can build Block with Str items?
      I didn’t just post here to show this off - I need some help with calculating Spirit. Some users have commented that Spirit health/mana regen values are too high for various classes (for example Paladins) and was wondering if anyone here had some more information on this!
      Your boy teeb
    • By knight85
      I just got my subscription for wow last night.
      and at the moment i'm trying to clear out the inventories of some characters from the starter edition so that i can start fresh using the old characters names.
      my only problem is that even with the 6 bank characters i've made. i'm running out of space.
      the majority of my items are are darkmoon firewaters and food items you can buy in darkmoon faire that i got from sealed darkmoon crates while farming for daggermaws during the last darkmoon faire.
      so i want to know if these items are actually worth anything on the auction house?
      the addon i have for the auction says they are but i dont know how reliable that is.
    • By Hyrelia
      I have a question for Arcane mages that I couldn't find existing guides mention on any website. In dungeons, mana is not typically an issue as a healer because you can just drink/eat in between packs, I mained a healer up until now so that mindset is just ingrained in me. As Arcane Mage, would the same principle apply? Is it optimal to just forgo the conserve part of the rotation and just burn as much as you sustainably can with every  pack, since you can just eat conjured food in between packs, or should you still do conserve/burn phases similar to what you'd do in a raid?
      Thanks.