1 post in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This has now capped at GR 85 to 87 on patch 2.4.2 with good lvl 90 to 100 augments at paragom 1100+, and may not be worth the trouble anymore.
Overview: This is a channeling Tal Rasha Twister build highly depending on Diamond Skin Prism Rune for Mitigation, AP management, and Twister Devastation.
You will see absorb a lot on your screen and almost all dmg would be absorbed. If your max life is around 1m, even the exploding deaths of elites get absorbed. What about mallet lords? Absorbed!
The items would consist of the Tal Rasha set completed by a Ring of Royal Grandeur, Etched Sigil, Mantle of Channeling, Illusory boots, Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, Endless walk set and ashnagar's BB, while cubing your Etched Sigil (interchangeable with Orb of Infinite Depth), Hergbrash Binding and RRG.
Legendary Gems: Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric Alteration, *Changed Pain Enhancer to Bane of the Stricken for GR85 to 90. (The only reason I was using PE instead of Taeguk is because there is a bug that causes your taeguk stacks to stop once you cast prism while channeling. FIX THIS BLIZZARD! This is because of your cube hergbrash binding causing 0 AP cost. Taeguk seems to think you stopped channeling). Also, for HC people you might wanna use Gizzard instead (explained down further).
Your skills would consist of Arcane torrent (lightning), Twister (cold), Explosive Blast (fire), and Black Hole spell steal (Arcane).
Force armor Energy Armor would be your shield and the most important part of the build would be Diamond Skin Prism.
Why use PRISM as the centerpiece of the build?
1.Prism would allow you to spam Arcane torrent FREE of AP consumption with the interaction with Hergbrash Binding and Paragon.
2.It would allow you to spam Energy Twister (self-cast) while also channeling more twisters with minimal AP consumption.
3. These self-cast twisters + channeling arcane torrent would basically proc PRISM cooldown with the help of your Obsidian Ring.
4. It gives you 80% life absorption with the help of Ashnaggar's
5. It would proc your passive Galvanizing Wand which would absorb 120% of your life in dmg with the help of Ashnaggar's because your diamond skin would absorb most damage and as long as you keep it up 2 consecutive times, whicb is easy with your cdr and obsidian ring, you will successfully fulfill the requirement of Galvanizing Wand's no dmg taken within 5 seconds.
6. You can successfully keep prism active while channeling and casting your own twisters without it ever going on CD.
7. With the interaction of your Force Armor, you ensure that no dmg would ever go beyond the 80% life your prism absorbs unless it the dmg is above your maximum life. In that case, you still have your GW passive as backup.
What you need for the build to be effective?
1.Cooldown Reduction of at least 40%. (actually, at 24% your prism should proc itself while channeling but that's assuming you don't get more than 80% of your life in dmg from mobs which is impossible especially with RG's and Elites. So, I would recommend to recast Prism before it even comes off CD). This is easily achievable with the Evocation Passive + Paragon points and a Diamond Socket on your Helm, though I would recommend to get CDR on your gear to get DS to cd faster than you it can be taken off by dmg from mobs esp elites.
2. 1m life to push to go beyond GR 84. This would mean your diamond skin would absorb 800K HP and your Galvanizing Ward absorbs 1.2m HP. That's 2m HP absorb + 1m of your own HP while working with Force Armor's 35% HP damage limit. Talk about survivability. (Also for HC, using gizzard instead of PE would add another 2m HP).
This is a close range build since it highly relies on the Twisters you cast to CD Prism , then Explosive Blast for dmg reduction
You start the run by casting your four elements to get your 4 piece tal rasha resistance.
Approach enemies with explosive blast to get to 3 quickly, and have the 50% dmg reduction from endless walk set cast BH to round up mobs.
Stop and channel while activating your prism and cast your own twisters repeatedly, consistently. If there's 4 or more mobs, you would never run out of AP with Prism and Critical Hits gives 4 AP on your Orb so Cast twisters as fast as you can. This while your etched sigil cast even more twisters. This lets you reach 8 twisters in 2 seconds and keep casting even more twisters so staying close to your enemy would kill them.
Your etched sigil would also proc your explosive blast so you don't need to recast though you would want to recast it when facing elites every 24 seconds to proc your 4 piece tal rasha.
Your spell steal BH would also be cast by your Eched Sigil hence more Damage. your initial BH wasfor round up but this BH ensures you go double digits on your spell steal and always have 30%++ damage increase plus the damage reduction isn't bad.
With the help of Obsidian Ring and CDR, you could also spam BH for hard hitting physical enemies to ensure CC and prevent them from hitting you too much.
How far can this build get you?
To tell you the truth the limitation is unknown to me yet. I'm using this with 2.4.1 and you could definitely go up to GR 90 with this as I achieved 82 before with only 5 ancient items and no augments at only Paragon 1020.
Now with 7 ancient items and 4 lvl80 augments, I'm at GR 86. This is with two items without int as I'm having trouble rolling a good Amulet and Illusory boots.
Can it GO beyond 100? Maybe. I would think you would need 2k plus Paragon and 1.5m HP but that may be pushing it.
If you have better rolled items, do let me know how far this could go.
If you wanna do this build and do a review cover, a simple mention of Chapoink would be nice.
Cheers guys and enjoy.
For a round up of the build, check out http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82009-chapoinks-gr90-solo-tal-rasha-ds-prism-twister
Damage test against bloodmaw at gr 90- almost all damage got absorbed. This is on console so I showed all items and paragon at the end of the vid.