FORUMS
demonardvark

Opinion on brawls so far

Hi

So, we are fast approaching the one month anniversary of Overwatch being out (yay). So far we have had three brawls to play with Super Shimada Bros, Mystery Heroes, and We're all soldiers now. Of course tuesday we'll get a new one. However, I am working on sort of a .. update synopsis of how people feel about the brawls. Is this a good game mode, do we like them, are some more stupid then others, etc. So, of course there will (hopefully) be some hard numbers to show how many games played etc, but I want to hear from you guys, the community.

So, what do you think of the brawls we have had so far? Which ones doe you like, which ones do you not? Is it a worthwhile game mode? Should blizz offer more than one a week? So, just that, let me know how you feel about the brawls :)

23 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

Hi

So, we are fast approaching the one month anniversary of Overwatch being out (yay). So far we have had three brawls to play with Super Shimada Bros, Mystery Heroes, and We're all soldiers now. Of course tuesday we'll get a new one. However, I am working on sort of a .. update synopsis of how people feel about the brawls. Is this a good game mode, do we like them, are some more stupid then others, etc. So, of course there will (hopefully) be some hard numbers to show how many games played etc, but I want to hear from you guys, the community.

So, what do you think of the brawls we have had so far? Which ones doe you like, which ones do you not? Is it a worthwhile game mode? Should blizz offer more than one a week? So, just that, let me know how you feel about the brawls :)

I like the brawls, but I'd love a system similar to Hearthstone in which you win a lootbox for winning your first brawl of the week. It's not going to hurt the game too much and it provides incentive for people to actually try it.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I like the brawls, but I'd love a system similar to Hearthstone in which you win a lootbox for winning your first brawl of the week. It's not going to hurt the game too much and it provides incentive for people to actually try it.

omg its so funny you said that, I've posted on gamefaqs, twitter, reddit, and many other message boards and that is the number one statement i've gotten. "if i got a loot box i'd do it, otherwise meh" XD.

I enjoy the brawls.  It's a nice way to play characters I wouldn't normally try out without any negative comments from other players along the lines of "L2P".

I have mixed feelings, I don't find the brawls all that entertaining (only done the last 3 tho (mystery heroes, all soldiers, and overly defensive).

Out of those 3 the mystery heroes was by far the most fun to play. So much so, I think they should make a regular game mode out of it. 

All soldiers just wasent my thing. I'm not that much of a soldier to begin with and it didn't feel fun at all.

Overly defensive is so far just being won by the team that takes two hanzos and two widows. Turrets don't stand a chance against that and junkrats neither. Mei can hold her own pretty well though. 

In general I like the concept just like in hearthstone, I agree there should be some reward indeed. Also I think they can do better than just just 'play hero x' or 'play role x' brawls. I'd prefer to see things like doubled healthpools, increased or decreased movement speed, mystery ultimates similar to mystery heroes or maybe even things like 'no access to anything above groundlevel'.

It's still early though and knowing blizzard they'll come up with stuff like that. 

Fingers crossed