FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Reck

Poor DPS (combat)

Heya. I'm having quite a bit of a problem with my combat rogue, which I've had pretty much since I reached level 100.

Although I'm very satisfied with my AOE/Multi-target DPS, my single-target DPS appears to be very low compared to other people near my own ilvl..- infact, my DPS more or less matches the dps of a rogue with around a 690 ilvl (my own is 719).

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Zenéth/simple

logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ng1tMPGHcnXRrzbL/#type=summary

I fear that I might just suck at playing rogue, but hopefully I could get some helpful tips here! :P

Edited by Reck

4 hours ago, Reck said:

Although I'm very satisfied with my AOE/Multi-target DPS, my single-target DPS appears to be very low compared to other people near my own ilvl..- infact, my DPS more or less matches the dps of a rogue with around a 690 ilvl (my own is 719).

That's basically going to be the case forever. Combat is an AoE spec, and it's really really good at that.

For 1-2 target fights, however, both other specs perform better than it. I'd recommend taking a look at whichever of the 2 specs you find the most interesting, and trying to learn it

7 hours ago, upirlikhyi said:

Have you tried the site ShadowCraft? When I input your name in it and pull you up and hit optimize it changes your gems and enchants.

I have not, thanks for showing me that site, seems very useful! Although the change that site suggests only changes my dps by about 1.5k. 

5 hours ago, Carrn said:

That's basically going to be the case forever. Combat is an AoE spec, and it's really really good at that.

For 1-2 target fights, however, both other specs perform better than it. I'd recommend taking a look at whichever of the 2 specs you find the most interesting, and trying to learn it

I've tried tons of times, and my single-target dps seems to be even worse on either of those specs. Although I suppose I'll try again, thanks :)

EDIT; I'm just gonna stick with combat for both single-target & multi-target, switching between the two specs all the time is a pain in the arse :P

Edited by Reck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reck said:

I have not, thanks for showing me that site, seems very useful! Although the change that site suggests only changes my dps by about 1.5k. 

I've tried tons of times, and my single-target dps seems to be even worse on either of those specs. Although I suppose I'll try again, thanks :)

EDIT; I'm just gonna stick with combat for both single-target & multi-target, switching between the two specs all the time is a pain in the arse :P

Yeah that site is wonderful. I just noticed this pulling you off the armory again

Spellbound Runic Band of Unrelenting Slaughter needs an enchantment your missing and enchant 

If you go to the talents and glyphs is suggests changes there that add another 650

Your weapon enchants should be Mark of Warsong

I don't see much else. But I am by far not the best rogue out there lol

37 minutes ago, upirlikhyi said:

Yeah that site is wonderful. I just noticed this pulling you off the armory again

Spellbound Runic Band of Unrelenting Slaughter needs an enchantment your missing and enchant 

If you go to the talents and glyphs is suggests changes there that add another 650

Your weapon enchants should be Mark of Warsong

I don't see much else. But I am by far not the best rogue out there lol

From what I understand, Mark of the Frostwolf should be better than Mark of Warsong

7 hours ago, Reck said:

From what I understand, Mark of the Frostwolf should be better than Mark of Warsong

It is for the cleaves. I am not the greatest rogue so I use shadowcraft a lot and when you do the optimize it says the warsong enchant.

Looking at the class here on icy veins it says MS pulls ahead of hast at 4 targets.

If you have an enchanter and can do it cheaply my best suggestion is to play around on the dummies with it

13 hours ago, Reck said:

While I can't really recommend that you do this, if that's what you feel the most comfortable playing, do that