FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Haunted

Super New to Warlock

Hi guys!

So I am here looking for advice. I am not new to WoW, been playing for about 6'ish years but VERY new to warlock. I've done a lot of questing but not too many groups except for dungeon finder but lately...I can't even dot stuff with how fast it dies because of all the overly geared (cata/mist greens) people that there are. So I am here looking for advice on not only the best lvl'ing specs but also raid. I have a raid spot waiting for me and I need to lvl rather quickly and to learn the best specs with rotations. If specs change on raid fights that would be great advice too. If anyone has any advice it would be great. I am going to link my profile so you can tell me where I have started off wrong and maybe advise me in what priorities should be and such. Mind you, my main has always been heals, so I will probably be way off in gear and what my idea of a main priority stat should be.

Thank you all in advance!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/H%C3%A4unted/simple

You'll find all you need for your Warlock desires here in the forums. There are guides written for each spec as well as numerous comments made by the community in each. There is even a dungeon guide written for each boss and what you should do as each spec on the fight. There are stat guides, reforging guides, and tons of other goodies here. Enjoy learning your new class!

Thanks Zagam, I actually have read almost all of your posts on specs. It seems like you personally love Demo but you encourage people to play what they find the most rewarding and enjoyable for themselves. I guess I am really scared to get into raid and not perform because of this early dungeon lvl'ing and not being able to keep up except with Seed of Corruption so far. I guess I could always follow your affliction guide and come back later for more advice if I am not holding up to raid standard. Thank you again for your help and I have enjoyed reading your guides and can't wait for updates on them.

Absolutely Haunted. Do some research through all of the guides and after you've had a chance to test them out come back and we'll be happy to answer your questions.

Personally I'm glad 5.3 doesn't have a lot of changes to Warlocks. Most of my guides will carry over to 5.3 barring some disaster. Once my guild is 13/13H and we clear weekly, I'll be toying with other stuff to collect live data to make small adjustments, but I'd consider what's already there solid until a content patch comes.

Thanks Omaric!

Thank you also Zagam. I will be following this forum so I can read any updates even at work. Sigh...now WHY can't they just hurry up with this patch?! I'm eager to lvl and learn!