FORUMS
Damien

Tempo Mage Deck List

Guest Callmerex

I have been playing this deck the whole night and i am having a blast, but a thought went into my mind. Would it be retarded to put Malygos in this deck because i feel like it could help having a bit more late game pressure if you haven't killed your opponent by the time and since it is so heavy on spells and i don't have the flamewaker's and neither do i have the Thalnos

12 hours ago, Guest Callmerex said:

I have been playing this deck the whole night and i am having a blast, but a thought went into my mind. Would it be retarded to put Malygos in this deck because i feel like it could help having a bit more late game pressure if you haven't killed your opponent by the time and since it is so heavy on spells and i don't have the flamewaker's and neither do i have the Thalnos

I do not think it will work.

Looking at the spells the deck has, in order to use them with Malygos you either expect him to stick to the board for at least one turn, or have discounted spells with Emperor Thaurissan. The first one has a really small chance to happen, and the second one requires you to remove a second card in order to fit emperor in the deck. Then you are starting to loose the tempo based strategy of the deck and you are slowly transforming it into a spell damage combo mage.

In order for a Malygos to work in a spell damage mage deck, you need spells like Ice Lance. So all in all i think what you are looking for is the Reno Freeze Mage deck with Malygos in it :).

Edit : I'm talking about this one : https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-reno-jackson-mage-freeze-standard-deck

Edited by CodeRazor
Forgot deck link

It's a decent swap. This deck is rather lacking in big minions, Medivh can help getting a couple extra threats on the board while you burn your opponent down.

Alternatively, if you often manage to have big hands just waiting to get played, you can try Emperor Thaurissan and get more bang for your mana.

18 hours ago, TheEviscerator said:

As an adventure legend only scrub,I swapped out rag for medivh,would it be viable?So far im getting good results with the portals flamestrikes and fireballs

Just to add to what Keiz has said, people are also very unlikely to hold Harrison/Ooze when playing vs. a Mage. You're very unlikely to be running Medivh, so they'll probably burn their weapon removal before you play him.

Guest CzarnyAfgan

Arcane Blasts is just too good to replace. IMO is irreplaceable

10 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Anything to replace Arcane Blasts with? Not just here, but in general, everytime I look at a tempo mage deck here, I'm like 'Let me guess, there is an Arcane Blast in the deck, which I don't have'. Card is good probably, but I don't want to craft it.

Since this deck revolves around even cheaper spells and has more aggressive approach, Arcane Blast are hard to replace. You probably should play regular tempo and play second Spellslinger and Bloodmage Thalnos.

Would the new secret where if ur opponent plays a minion it becomes a sheep or the greater arcane missiles epic be good here?btw,there doesnt seem to be a link from the original page to the comments,i only can get to this page by searching up "icyveins aggro tempo mage comments: on the internet

On 29/11/2016 at 5:48 PM, FanOfValeera said:

Anything to replace Arcane Blasts with? Not just here, but in general, everytime I look at a tempo mage deck here, I'm like 'Let me guess, there is an Arcane Blast in the deck, which I don't have'. Card is good probably, but I don't want to craft it.

Babbling Book comes to mind. It's definitely not an optimal switch, but it's cancerous viscerally satisfying when he gives you the exact spell you need at a given moment.

11 hours ago, TheEviscerator said:

Would the new secret where if ur opponent plays a minion it becomes a sheep or the greater arcane missiles epic be good here?btw,there doesnt seem to be a link from the original page to the comments,i only can get to this page by searching up "icyveins aggro tempo mage comments: on the internet

The Polymorph secret is worse than Mirror Entity in this deck. The new big arcane missiles are too expensive mana-wise and the value is not good enough. As for the missing link, it will be fixed soon, thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

Guest Jakway

What should I sub in for a second Arcane Blast and Bloodmage Thalnos? I have very little dust and I currently run Forbidden Flame and Babbling Book in their places

1 hour ago, Guest Jakway said:

What should I sub in for a second Arcane Blast and Bloodmage Thalnos? I have very little dust and I currently run Forbidden Flame and Babbling Book in their places

Babbling Book for Arcane Blast sounds reasonable, Bloodmage Thalnos is just too good though. You could run Kobold Geomancer, but the missing cycle is significant.

6 hours ago, peekaboo said:

Firelands has become significantly worse after MSOG.

Yes, the average stats of 5-drops has dropped, and if you get Bomb Squad, it can be quite dangerous, but you might as well get win condition in Red Mana Wyrm or Burgly Bully (potentially huge damage output with Flamewaker). So, while the average 5-drop value dropped, Firelands Portal is still strong enough to be included. If you still feel like the card is not good enough, you might try including second Flamestrike in place of one Firelands Portal.

2 hours ago, vatu said:

With what cards can i replace arcane blast and flamewaker? Thanks!

As positiv2 has mentioned arcane blast is cheap and is not really replaceable (you could try Forbidden Flame) .. For the big tempo swing Flamewalkers are required cannot be replaced 

Guest Someordinaryguy

I've had great success with your decks but with this deck the the incane blasts are a bit too expensive for a mostly budget player such as myself. Are you able to recommend a substitute?

3 minutes ago, Guest Someordinaryguy said:

I've had great success with your decks but with this deck the the incane blasts are a bit too expensive for a mostly budget player such as myself. Are you able to recommend a substitute?

As has been said multiple times throughout this thread, Arcane Blasts are harder to replace in this deck than in other decks, like Tome tempo mage. You can replace them with Babbling Books, or one Babbling Book and one Arcane Anomaly, though it's recommended to swap to another tempo mage build.

6 hours ago, vatu said:

this deck is a literal instaloss if you dont draw mana wyrm at your starting hand.

Not necessarily an instaloss, but quite hard indeed, especially given mage's current position in meta. You still have enough strong cards to stabilise in the early game and start pushing damage, though it isn't as easy. You could post a replay so we can see where the issue lies.

Guest Kods

I have problem against all aggro like quest shaman or hunter, and in general with opponents flooding the board. I have a copy of flamestrike and a volcanic potion, i try to use them when they have 5 minions or so, but they simply refill the board again. If i dont get mana wyrm in starting hand it is really difficult and antonidas comes too late to gain value. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot 

3 hours ago, Guest Kods said:

I have problem against all aggro like quest shaman or hunter, and in general with opponents flooding the board. I have a copy of flamestrike and a volcanic potion, i try to use them when they have 5 minions or so, but they simply refill the board again. If i dont get mana wyrm in starting hand it is really difficult and antonidas comes too late to gain value. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot 

Usually mulligan and misuse of resources are the core of the issue. It would be very helpful if you uploaded a few replays.