FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fyz

522 I-V BiS list Relative or Absolute

What I'm curious about is whether all top 522 pieces together constitute a 522 BiS given fluctuating stat weights. Are these listed alphabetically because they're considered functionally equivalent?

Edited by Fyz

For each class under Gearing Up and Best in Slot is:

Section 1 Best in Slot Items - That list is the BIS List.

Section 2 Gearing Up - is merely a per slot listing of every item ordered first by ilvl then by alphabetical listing. In no way, shape or form is that list applicable to BIS.

• Like 1

Can we get a non-heroic BiS list? Or a list that doesn't include Ra-den? I feel like Ra-den kills are in the minority, yet there are 5 Ra-den items listed.

Can we get a non-heroic BiS list? Or a list that doesn't include Ra-den? I feel like Ra-den kills are in the minority, yet there are 5 Ra-den items listed.

On AskMrRobot, you have a setting for normal only BiS. Posted Image

• Like 1

My only issue is that for AMR you have to really have an awareness of what you're looking at. For example, when I import from armory, and select optimize, it tells me to:

1) Reforge TO hit, about 300 stat worth (I am hit capped at 15.02%)

2) Gem pure intellect, rather than reckless vermillion gems.

3) Gem +hit, again even though I'm hit capped.

4) Reforge away from haste, even though it shows that the priority is haste over anything else.

It's really bizarre overall and makes me wary to use the site. Regardless, Icy Veins is a great resource (it has replaced EJ as the go to site) and shouldn't resort to forwarding to AMR or another website for this information.

I should also mention that I feel the suggested DPS (I think that's what is being listed on the top right) is inflated and is beyond what I should actually be doing.

Edit: I accidentally a word.

Edited by solacespecs

If you have this problem still solacespecs could you post a link to your amr character so we could troubleshoot it a bit. I've never had a problem with AMR (other than if I mess up the settings). As far as multiple BiS lists, it's really too much effort to keep up with multiple lists for every class with as fast as things change. There are just so many options such as: World Bosses, BOE gear, Thunderforged, etc... Not all the specs have even been updated for the 5.3 changes.

I will try to run some sims, I see that AMR has Int at greater than 2:1 ratio over haste, so I will try to verify that.

Well, in Simcraft I get like 1k better results with int gems, than pure haste. However, on non-stationary fights this extra haste really helps you to cast one more Frostbolt faster, than with int gems.. ^^

Well, in Simcraft I get like 1k better results with int gems, than pure haste. However, on non-stationary fights this extra haste really helps you to cast one more Frostbolt faster, than with int gems.. ^^

Not to be picky but I'm pretty sure haste would always help you cast more Frostbolts, regardless if the fight is stationary or not.

In terms of gems, I think the understanding was that there is never a case where int is twice the value of haste, so it's pretty odd that pure intellect is being suggested. I'm sure there is some napkin math that can be referenced. It would be good though to resolve the dilemma so that the guide can be updated.

As far as multiple BiS lists, it's really too much effort to keep up with multiple lists for every class with as fast as things change. There are just so many options such as: World Bosses, BOE gear, Thunderforged, etc... Not all the specs have even been updated for the 5.3 changes.

I totally understand the difficulty in multiple lists and etc. However, I think it's valid to suggest a list that doesn't include Ra-den. You have to consider the efficiency of Icy Veins as a whole. If it is intended to be a useful tool (again, I describe it as the new EJ for theorycrafting), then it needs to not apply to 1% of the WoW population. Most people have not even seen Ra-den, much less killed him. I'd be curious to know even who has killed heroic Lei-Shen.

Also I'll link when I get home from work, but you can check it as Bellyrub on Laughing Skull.

Edited by solacespecs