Blainie

iv New Forum Ranks Implemented (with Prizes)!

19 posts in this topic

xipwZIN.png

We've just revamped our entire ranks system on the forums. With new ranks and new divisions, we're also going to be implementing prizes for the highest posters! Check it out!

We attempted to represent a few different games here, rather than just WoW. Hopefully you guys like them and we're always open to suggestions that might be better than what we have here! Below you can find a full list of all of our new rank names, as well as the number of posts required to reach them:

Post Number Rank Name
0 Peon
10 Commoner
20 Soldier
30 Knight
40 Centurion
50 Commander
75 General
100 Marshal
150 Warlord
200 Grand Marshal
300 High Warlord
400 Gladiator
500 Conqueror
750 Scarab Lord
1000 Slayer
2000 Crusader
3000 Destroyer
4000 Avenger
5000 Paragon
6000 Guardian
7000 Overlord
8000 Hellspawn
9000 Seraphim
10000 See Table Below

We really feel that reaching 10,000 points is pretty amazing, so you deserve a special title. We've compiled a list of titles from each game, which you can choose from when you reach 10,000. Check them out in the table below:

WoW OW HS HoTS D3
Protector of Stormwind First Commander Innkeeper Grand Master Prime Evil
Overlord of Orgrimmar Blackwatch Commander Legend Hero of the Storm Scholar of the First Ones
Thane of Ironforge Overwatch Founder Angry Chicken Champion of the Nexus Archangel of Valor
High Sentinel of Darnassus Talon Operative     Archangel of Justice
Deathlord of the Undercity       Archangel of Hope
Chieftain of Thunderbluff       Archangel of Fate
Avenger of Gnomeregan       Archangel of Wisdom
Voodoo Boss of Sen'jin       Angel of Death
Exarch of the Exodar        
Regent of Quel'Thalas        
Lord of Gilneas        
Trade Prince of the Cartels        
Emissary of the Wandering Isle        

I'm sure you're wondering why we've chosen these titles, so let's take a look at where they originate from!

• WoW Titles: These were originally intended to be used in the Vanilla PvP system as a "Rank 15" title. Every player that achieved the top rank on the server each week would be granted their respective race's title. These obviously didn't exist for some of the later races, so I worked to implement our own versions that matched Blizzard's ones.
  • OW Titles: These seemed like the pivotal positions of the Overwatch universe, with the titles of Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes being first in line. The Founders, alongside these two, were some of the most important figures in Overwatch's survival, so I made sure to include those too. The last, of course, is the "evil" presence of the game, the Talon operatives, the organisation that Overwatch is now battling against.
  • HS Titles: These are fairly self explanatory, with Angry Chicken being a vital part of this.
  • HoTS Titles: The Grand Master is currently the highest rank obtainable in Ranked gameplay, while Hero of the Storm denotes 20 kills without a death in-game. The last one sounded cool.
  • D3 Titles: Here we see the various titles of the Archangels, as well as Deckard Cain's title for a short time. The last one, the Prime Evil, is what Diablo is referred to as being. 

Prizes

That's right. Prizes! With our new rank system extending much higher than previously, we feel it's time to start rewarding those of you that really contribute to our community. We're going to be updating this thread, which lists the ranks, with a number of prizes that we feel represent how much users at each rank are contributing. While we don't have much information to share right now, the one prize that we are currently discussing is for 10,000 posts - it might just be a paid trip to Blizzcon... Get posting, but make sure you're contributing properly! We won't be allowing you to just post "Interesting" on 10,000 news articles!

3 people like this

I'd like to add that the articles in the News section are often written with the intention of starting a conversation. From the Hearthstone section, we sometimes get this for Brawl, but not so much for other articles. I check this section several times a day and am always interested to know what people have to say. Over time, these comments do find their way to Blizzard. Although I can't promise any results, the more that people discuss the news, the more opportunities there are to present it to Blizzard, whether via Tweets, or directly when people bump into representatives at events.

Don't be shy. Icy Veins has a thriving community and I'd love that to include the News Section.

1 person likes this

All I can say is... interesting.
Seriously though, sounds interesting and I am definitely looking forward to more prizes being revealed. However, I am quite sad because the rank names don't ring a bell, but neither did the previous ones, so eh, at least there are more levels.
Also, if the prize will be the trip to blizzcon, will it be possible for multiple users to "claim" the prize? It will take me only 9 more years to get to 10k :D

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

All I can say is... interesting.
Seriously though, sounds interesting and I am definitely looking forward to more prizes being revealed. However, I am quite sad because the rank names don't ring a bell, but neither did the previous ones, so eh, at least there are more levels.
Also, if the prize will be the trip to blizzcon, will it be possible for multiple users to "claim" the prize? It will take me only 9 more years to get to 10k :D

It's tough to include Hearthstone in there directly :(

We wanted to keep a general theme going, which was the "fantasy" theme. The ranks mainly come from WoW/Diablo 2/Diablo 3, with some general fantasy ranks put in there too. The 1,000+ ones come mainly from Diablo, but I think they really fit in most fantasy settings. At least I think so!

I'm going to be explaining much more about the prizes in the future, don't worry :p

Interesting.  

It does seem like quite a quiet corner of the Internet, most days.  Crows cawing.  Tumbleweeds rolling by.  Occasionally, a hot topic wagon train will ride through town and Old Man Umbrage will start ranting at passersby, but mostly it's quiet in Icy Veins.  This metaphor will derail as soon as the railroad reaches this godforsaken hellhole.

(Sorry ... for everything.)

2 people like this

Interesting.  But in all seriousness, I enjoy posting here wether you are giving me prizes or not.  The titles on the other hand I want.  I had better get posting more!

I'm fairly new to the icy-veins forum, but i'm using the website on a frequent basis to find out some tips and tricks regarding the Blizzard games. So introducing the possibility to earn some prices, big or small, is an extra push for me to start involving myself into the forum too. This will most likely lead to more posts from Jorno, the blood elf mage on Twisting Nether ^^.

2 people like this

Cool changes, we need some more people around here, such a great website for Blizzard fans. I try and post when I get a chance, especially as you said - the news articles often promote starting a conversation.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, Darkjester79 said:

Interesting.  But in all seriousness, I enjoy posting here wether you are giving me prizes or not.  The titles on the other hand I want.  I had better get posting more!

I absolutely love Hellspawn/Seraphim ones, I'm pushing for them hard :p

4 hours ago, Jorno said:

I'm fairly new to the icy-veins forum, but i'm using the website on a frequent basis to find out some tips and tricks regarding the Blizzard games. So introducing the possibility to earn some prices, big or small, is an extra push for me to start involving myself into the forum too. This will most likely lead to more posts from Jorno, the blood elf mage on Twisting Nether ^^.

This seems to be the case for a number of people. They use Icy Veins as a resource but never really step into the community itself. We're really hoping our Twitch channel can help with this. Anyway, welcome to the forums! :)

22 minutes ago, Coodu said:

Cool changes, we need some more people around here, such a great website for Blizzard fans. I try and post when I get a chance, especially as you said - the news articles often promote starting a conversation.

Even if people are just telling us that they like the news, it's still nice to hear feedback! We want to make the news interesting for our readers, so know what they do or don't like is always helpful.

2 people like this

I'm pretty sure Zagam and Damien are the only ones remotely close to hitting 10k posts, and Zagam's barely halfway there.

I came here just to be a troll and write a single post with "interesting". Turns out I was beat to the punch :(

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Orthios said:

I'm pretty sure Zagam and Damien are the only ones remotely close to hitting 10k posts, and Zagam's barely halfway there.

So damien will take himself to blizzcon? I call hax

3 people like this

I really like the direction this is going.  This website already has a vast wealth of knowledge on so many different games.  If the community would become really involved in the postings here, I think it would greatly increase the info and strats.  You never know what new ideas random players can come up with.  As far as 10,000 posts......well that is a lofty goal, but regardless of prizes I think choosing your own title is pretty damn cool.

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Even if people are just telling us that they like the news, it's still nice to hear feedback! We want to make the news interesting for our readers, so know what they do or don't like is always helpful.

Agreed it's nice for the feedback - keep up the great work. As a gamer who pretty much only plays Blizzard stuff, this site was the perfect all in one for me :) 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Orthios said:

I was about to point out Damien's master plan, but looks like I got beaten to it.. Damn aardvarks :(

56 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

So damien will take himself to blizzcon? I call hax

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, ghostdeini said:

I really like the direction this is going.  This website already has a vast wealth of knowledge on so many different games.  If the community would become really involved in the postings here, I think it would greatly increase the info and strats.  You never know what new ideas random players can come up with.  As far as 10,000 posts......well that is a lofty goal, but regardless of prizes I think choosing your own title is pretty damn cool.

This is a key idea that we're trying to reinforce. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, as well as different ways of learning how to play. We're trying to present as many as we possibly can, with different guide layouts and mediums, but sometimes the best solution might come from a normal player making a post on the forums. We always take on the feedback we are given and are always trying to improve on what we're doing. 

10,000 is a big goal, but we're hoping that as we really try to communicate with our community, we will see more people here contributing, which leads to more viewers, which leads to more contributors and so on. It's a beautiful spiral of communication and friendship!

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

This is important. There is limited time, even for us newsy people. If something gets better feedback, I'm more likely to write that thing again. If it doesn't, then it might get pushed to the back of the queue on a busy day. Bigger guides get written as-and-when anyway, but the smaller stuff is often a tiebreaker based on previous replies.

1 person likes this

On 7/6/2016 at 1:41 AM, Ninypoo said:

Meme

Is it bad that I clicked thinking it was a link XD!

I am 110% biased of course, but I think the forums are truly under-rated.  If any of you enjoy the forums and the discussions we have here make sure you tell your friends both in and out of game.  Growing the community for each of the Blizzard games here would be great and having rewards to help you contribute is nice way to say thank you to all of you that keep coming back!

1 person likes this