FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
demonardvark

Share a story about the best player you ever saw in game

So, just for a fun general discussion thing, tell a story about the best player you ever saw in game. Or, a player who really impressed you.

Mine was a mistweaver monk in Mists of Pandaland. At that point misty monks had the healing sphere mechanic as a major healing source. You heal someone and poop out a healing sphere. They run through it for more heals. My group was going through heroic SoO. However, my server isn't one of the bigger ones. There are only a few end game raiding guilds and most end game players get picked up by them. So we had to pug some spots each week. This week our one healer showed up and we had to find one. We got this random person we picked up right after the galakras fight.

This monk was amazing.

They didn't finally get into the raid until the dark shaman fight. So this is a big map for a boss fight. This monk flooded the area with healing spheres. I mean the ground basically had a green aura to it because there were so many everywhere. SoO healing was about big damage spikes, you were either at full health or close to dying and the healers would bring you back up. The other healer literally couldn't heal because as soon as we were damaged there was like 9 healing spheres by each of us. I was amazed at this small ocean of spheres and it really made me want to play the spec.

The person left the group after that, they only wanted that fight. I forgot to get their name and we never saw them again. However, we always remembered that monk who flooded orgrimmar with healing spheres :D (picture is not of monk but sorta gives idea, made a lot more spheres than this but, the principle stands)

ZE3tGkX.jpg

A great question.  It has made me wonder before.  Unfortunately, I cannot name a single player who was awesome, there are many amazing players out there.  So many in fact, that it's actually easier for me to remember the terrible ones.  That being said, my un-hero is Guntar-Black Dragonflight US and he was impressive.

To be quite honest, he was a mystery to me.  He constantly spit on me for no reason in Stormwind.  (I assume now that it was because my pvp rank was overinflated for my level.  Also, this was back in 05 when spitting on another toon would get you an instant pink whisper of "Wtf man!", heh, different times.  I had no idea who he was!)  Anyways, Guntar was a ret paladin and he was a mystery.  I often found him in general chat in rural areas while picking herbs.  He always had an opinion and a snarky remark for anyone who said anything that remotely resembled disagreement.  Truly, he was glorious in a very peculiar way.  The kind that made you smile quietly.  I pvped alot back then and didn't pay attention to much else.  Once, in a battleground in Arathi Basin, I was pvping at 49 and Guntar rides up to the blacksmith and is sitting on his new horse at level 40 (Completely oblivious to the fact that he really shouldnt be pvping at lvl 40)  So Guntar says, "hey do you like my horse" and he was a paladin so it was free for him and I didn't pay him much attention as I was guarding the flag.  A group of 5 horde roll up and Guntar refuses to get off his new horse to protect me.  I'm emoting help, help me, save me, assist me.  I die and they assault the blacksmith.  Guntar spits on me rides away on his horse spouting some gibberish about how awesome his new horse is.  It was then that I knew this guy didn't care about much.

Fast forward some months, I'm sitting in Stormwind at 60 as a Commander and waiting on a pvp pop and all of a sudden trade chat erupts.  "GUNTAR IS TERRIBlE!" "HES A NINJA!"  "GUNTAR SHOULD DELETE HIS WOW!"  "EVERYONE BLACKLIST GUNTAR!"  I was immediately curious, what could Guntar have done?  After 15 minutes of all caps, Guntar had apparently ninja looted something out of Blackwing Lair, hearthed and logged off.

And that was it for me, a legend was born and I never forgot him.  He was a hero without a cause.

Late one night I logged on after work to look for herbs and general chat was talking about Guntar in the Wetlands.  Naturally, I was interested.  "You guys know Guntar?"  They responded with, "Yeah he's this asian kid that goes to our school and never does his homework because he's always playing WoW."  The mystery was solved, sort of.  Looking back, Guntar's toon became somewhat depressing.  Not that he was a terrible player or anything like that.  But that he was so ostracized in game and seemed to despise the player base that would not accept him,

But yes, he is my most memorable toon in my WoW experience since 04.  I still grin when I think about him just because he was such a mischievous type.  The type that, if possible, would complete the Glutton (I think that was the name) quest in Darkshire over and over and then take great pleasure in not helping defeat the elite he had just summoned and sent on its way through the questing area.

Edited by Wolfcookie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Wolfcookie said:

A great question.  It has made me wonder before.  Unfortunately, I cannot name a single player who was awesome, there are many amazing players out there.  So many in fact, that it's actually easier for me to remember the terrible ones.  That being said, my un-hero is Guntar-Black Dragonflight US and he was impressive.

To be quite honest, he was a mystery to me.  He constantly spit on me for no reason in Stormwind.  (I assume now that it was because my pvp rank was overinflated for my level.  Also, this was back in 05 when spitting on another toon would get you an instant pink whisper of "Wtf man!", heh, different times.  I had no idea who he was!)  Anyways, Guntar was a ret paladin and he was a mystery.  I often found him in general chat in rural areas while picking herbs.  He always had an opinion and a snarky remark for anyone who said anything that remotely resembled disagreement.  Truly, he was glorious in a very peculiar way.  The kind that made you smile quietly.  I pvped alot back then and didn't pay attention to much else.  Once, in a battleground in Arathi Basin, I was pvping at 49 and Guntar rides up to the blacksmith and is sitting on his new horse at level 40 (Completely oblivious to the fact that he really shouldnt be pvping at lvl 40)  So Guntar says, "hey do you like my horse" and he was a paladin so it was free for him and I didn't pay him much attention as I was guarding the flag.  A group of 5 horde roll up and Guntar refuses to get off his new horse to protect me.  I'm emoting help, help me, save me, assist me.  I die and they assault the blacksmith.  Guntar spits on me rides away on his horse spouting some gibberish about how awesome his new horse is.  It was then that I knew this guy didn't care about much.

Fast forward some months, I'm sitting in Stormwind at 60 as a Commander and waiting on a pvp pop and all of a sudden trade chat erupts.  "GUNTAR IS TERRIBlE!" "HES A NINJA!"  "GUNTAR SHOULD DELETE HIS WOW!"  "EVERYONE BLACKLIST GUNTAR!"  I was immediately curious, what could Guntar have done?  After 15 minutes of all caps, Guntar had apparently ninja looted something out of Blackwing Lair, hearthed and logged off.

And that was it for me, a legend was born and I never forgot him.  He was a hero without a cause.

Late one night I logged on after work to look for herbs and general chat was talking about Guntar in the Wetlands.  Naturally, I was interested.  "You guys know Guntar?"  They responded with, "Yeah he's this asian kid that goes to our school and never does his homework because he's always playing WoW."  The mystery was solved, sort of.  Looking back, Guntar's toon became somewhat depressing.  Not that he was a terrible player or anything like that.  But that he was so ostracized in game and seemed to despise the player base that would not accept him,

But yes, he is my most memorable toon in my WoW experience since 04.  I still grin when I think about him just because he was such a mischievous type.  The type that, if possible, would complete the Glutton (I think that was the name) quest in Darkshire over and over and then take great pleasure in not helping defeat the elite he had just summoned and sent on its way through the questing area.

If i could like something twice I would have. Story brought a big smile to my face. 10/10 would read again :D

I once looked in a mirror and there he was, the best player in the game. For real though, probably a rogue I queued 3s with at around 2500 rating. I had just broken 2.4k, I was getting into PvP properly, but this guy was just amazing. As soon as I was going to call for something, he was already there doing it. It was just amazing, he was like a psychic. Never heard from him again. 

Some of my fondest memories are the people who kite a world boss across 1/2 a continent into SW or Org. Always hilarious.

I remember seeing a video or post of a prot pally one shot a world boss. He had a rogue do the pvp on him for ever and he got some insane amount of resolve and then he hit BC Kaz. (IIRC)

Edited by Kharth

I think it was a Troll Rogue called Wormy on EU-Terrordar, i went WOTLK Naxx with him once, and he did so much dps i took screenshots all over it lol, id call me a lil fanboy back then. Started to theorycraft with him, and he definitly made me more of the rogue i am today.
Eventhough im forced to shama heal nowadays ha.