Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Clockwork Card Dealer

6 posts in this topic

YDzT2Wb.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl is Clockwork Card Dealer. It is a repeat Brawl and involves using your collection to build a deck.

The rules for this Brawl are that you get dealt a one cost card from your deck on turn one, a two cost card on turn two, and so on until turn ten. If there is a turn where there is no card of the appropriate cost in your deck, you will get a random card from your deck. Last time this Brawl was released was October 7 last year, at the height of the Secret Paladin meta. It is likely that Secret Paladin will be a powerful deck again this time around, as Mysterious ChallengerDr. Boom, and even Muster for Battle are still all fantastic cards to play on curve.

There are plenty of other strategies available though. You are, for instance, guaranteed to draw your C'Thun on turn ten, and you will draw whichever cultists you want to in the lead up to that. This Brawl rewards creative thinking, with the only drawback being that you might need a large collection to be very competitive.

WjbKM7l.png

Clockwork Card Dealer is the 56th Tavern Brawl. As always, you are encouraged to leave your creations in the comments below.

Cards with discover can help out a lot if you feel that your collection is lacking at a certain mana point.

Also keep in mind how each class works. Mage and Shaman have a lot of strong 3's. You might want to include just one or two to guarantee your draw but then throw in aJeweled Scarabor two to open up your options. Also for rogue keep in mind that if you're constantly drawing cards on curve, it may be difficult to land early cards with combo. C'thun rogue is a little easier to execute, since you can get the Blade of C'Thunturn nine and C'Thun turn ten 100% of the time.

1 person likes this

I just played Freeze Mage. Being guaranteed to draw your Alexstrasza exactly when you need her (on Turn 9) does help a lot. :) 

1 person likes this

Starting second really doesn't help in this Brawl...

I tried a denounce lock first, after 0/8 gave it up, as apparantly RNG does not like the deck.

Next and last up was a druid astral deck with an easy 2 and 3 drop, and all the big minions from past and present. Did me a solid 4/0 before I called this Brawl.