FORUMS
Damien

Tempo Rogue Standard No BrM/LoE/Kara

Guest Nidhogg

This deck says reachable ranks: Legend but that doesn't seem right since it is so bad. All its match ups are either even or very bad, so how can a deck like this be able to get legend?

Has anyone even got legend with this deck? If yes please share stats otherwise change reachable ranks to a more realisitic rank

this looks mostly like a budget deck for new players who don't have adventures to get rank 10 but not legend

48 minutes ago, Guest Nidhogg said:

This deck says reachable ranks: Legend but that doesn't seem right since it is so bad.

Can it get to legend? Yes. 

Is it harder than with the other Tempo Rogue? Definitely, much harder.

51 minutes ago, Guest Nidhogg said:

All its match ups are either even or very bad, so how can a deck like this be able to get legend?

Just quoting from the guide here.

It offers great winrates against common decks in the meta like Zoo, Shaman and Dragon Warrior and is therefore very well placed as a ladder climbing deck.

Can you share with us more information on how many games you tried, any gameplay footage, what classes you faced, what decks, what rank etc.?

I'm always happy to help, but I do need information to do so.

Guest Nidhogg
5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Can it get to legend? Yes. 

Is it harder than with the other Tempo Rogue? Definitely, much harder.

Just quoting from the guide here.

Can you share with us more information on how many games you tried, any gameplay footage, what classes you faced, what decks, what rank etc.?

I'm always happy to help, but I do need information to do so.

I tried 7 games and I lost 3 of them. If the deck can get legend I would expect to only lose 1 or 0 because I am rank 15. But my point is has anyone even got legend with this deck this month? Cause I don't see how it is possible

9 hours ago, Guest Nidhogg said:

I tried 7 games and I lost 3 of them. If the deck can get legend I would expect to only lose 1 or 0 because I am rank 15. But my point is has anyone even got legend with this deck this month? Cause I don't see how it is possible

As I said, what did you play against, what decks/classes?

Control Warrior is arguably one of the most consistent decks in the game, but it can lose at rank 15 100% of the time if it constantly faces heavy aggro and it draws badly. 

I need more information from you so that I can help you.

As for your Legend question, I don't know. I doubt many people are trying to get Legend with it, since there are much easier decks to do it with. I'll test this deck and post win rates over 5 games.

I'm still using this deck, and I will reiterate what I said before: this deck is extremely finicky to play, as the slightest misplay can cost you the game. The release of One Night in Karazhan has only made this worse (double Arcane Giant HOOOO!) but you can still get pretty consistent results with it.

Control Warrior, N'Zoth Pally and Resurrect Priest will quickly become your nightmare, whereas you'll love going up against Dragon Warriors, Zoolocks and the generally faster deck.  Read the meta and read it well, even if nothing beats getting one Resurrect from a Undercity Huckster, having it sommon a third Argent Commander, boost it with a Cold Blood and then finish the fucker off with double Eviscerate to the face. Especially sweeter when he adds you as friend to insult you afterwards, but I disgress...

9 hours ago, Guest Nidhogg said:

Have you ever reached legend rank with any other deck? If not, then your plays are quite likely a part of your problem.

It is quite likely that someone tried to reach legend with this, though it is hard to say as there is no way of telling who used which deck. I used it to reach rank 10 on day 2 - which even though is not legend rank or even an achievement at all - with 11W6L, which I believe is fine if you want to reach higher ranks, or even legendary rank. It just takes a while to get used to the deck, and 7 games isn't nearly enough.

You could also make changes according to the meta you face. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

You could also make changes according to the meta you face. 

This is probably one of the key things, but I couldn't help because we have no information on what he is playing against. Again, I reiterate, please tell us the classes you are winning/losing against so that we can at least try to help you.

Hopping in the thread, guys, I can jump the bandwagon and play this deck too to prove it's cool but I really don't want to. Can I not join the #TempoRogueIsLegit team?

Edited by Paracel

4 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Sure. Play what decks you like playing.

Oh come on, how could you let me abandon the flagship so easily? We had so much fun discussing marginal low-impact card choices for a fringe deck a couple of pages ago! It's like the most viewed Standard deck on the site bar Aggro Paladin! (why on earth Aggro Paladin?) I just cant let a good meme die, and this definetly meets my criteria for a meme deck. 

Besides, my NA account could use some love. You can even tune in for some action!

8 minutes ago, Paracel said:

It's like the most viewed Standard deck on the site bar Aggro Paladin! (why on earth Aggro Paladin?) I just cant let a good meme die, and this definetly meets my criteria for a meme deck.

I'd postulate these decks get the most attention simply because they're cheap. Not everyone has the extended collection or money to waste on packs to get enough dust through disenchants to craft everything needed for something like these really expensive monsters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

I'd postulate these decks get the most attention simply because they're cheap. Not everyone has the extended collection or money to waste on packs to get enough dust through disenchants to craft everything needed for something like these really expensive monsters.

I'd have to agree with you on this. My first "real" Ladder deck was a Face Hunter. Not because it was my "Dream" deck, it was because it was cheaper than most the other decks at the time. 

My first deck was a Zoo, and yeah, I didn't have dust, but I genuinely enjoy it up to this very day. Liking Aggro has always been an unpopular opinion.

A quick update on my NA Adventures : I'm currently starring as a rank 20 Kappa with a clean 5-0 with a Xaril, Poisoned Mind as a budget replacement for Silithid Swarmer. An embarassment of riches but i'm dead serious, don't even have spare dust for a pair of Beasts. Didn't even get to draw Xaril, not even close.

11 minutes ago, Paracel said:

My first deck was a Zoo, and yeah, I didn't have dust, but I genuinely enjoy it up to this very day. Liking Aggro has always been an unpopular opinion.

Zoo would have to be my favorite aggro deck, hands down. Nothing like dropping Leeroy Jenkins with a Power Overwhelming or a Soulfire on turn 6 to make me feel like I just robbed my opponent of a star. Makes me feel all warm inside. lol