FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Owalaz

Switching prot styles.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net...rdadin/advanced

I used mastery build alot during 5.0/5.1 and now im looking to gear him up again. I want to try the control/haste build, dont know where to start. I can buy a ring/bracer vp peice. No idea how to gear for haste. Ive also no idea on the stat weights either

Edited by Owalaz

For me, the easiest place to start was the Askmrrobot.com site, and selecting the Control/Haste build from the "choose gearing strategy.." drop down menu. Once you do that you can start looking at the different individual pieces to see how your BiS list has changed. What you will find are a lot of Haste plate dps pieces becoming better than the normal tanking pieces with mitigation stats. It will feel wrong at first, reforging out of mitigation stats, but just go with it. Once you start getting the higher item level pieces, and your health pool fattens up, you can go into the "Edit Weights" option on Askmrrobot and on the right side of the menu select the Medium Stamina setting. This will give Haste more weight in the build and you will start to see more results from it (quicker HP gains for more uptime on SoR), while maintaining a decent health pool. If your struggling with the active mitigation, or your healers are having a difficult time with big hits on you, you can always switch back to the High Stamina basic set up for the Control/Haste build.

For now... start collecting some Haste Dps plate, or any dps plate that is a large item level upgrade.

• Like 1

As a returning Paladin I have a similar question but don't want to start a new thread. When gearing up as opposed to normal tank gear, Prot Paladins want Haste/Mastery ideally, and otherwise anything with Hit/Expertise, Hit/Mastery, Hit/Haste, Expertise/Mastery, Expertise/Haste? So completely avoid pieces with Dodge and/or Parry on it (unless there's no other choice, presumably, and the secondary stat is one of Hit/Exp/Mastery), and pieces with Crit?