FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
yoco007

Healing, switching allies

Hi! So I created my first healer class, and I like it so far. I only have one problem. I have to click on allies icons to select them and then use heals. Is there no way in options to bind a key that could switch between allies? I know there's F1-F5 but that doesn't really help me! Any advice appreciated!

F1-F5 can be rebound to other keys, however, I don't recommend doing that.  Instead, I'd recommend making some mouseover macros that to cast abilities on whatever target your mouse is hovering over.

For example: 

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,nodead,help][help, nodead] [@focus,nodead,help] [@player] Flash Heal

will use Flash Heal on: 1) your mouseover target (if they're friendly and not dead), 2) your target (if it's friendly and not dead), 3) your focused target (if it's friendly and not dead), and lastly 4) yourself.

8 hours ago, yoco007 said:

Hi! So I created my first healer class, and I like it so far. I only have one problem. I have to click on allies icons to select them and then use heals. Is there no way in options to bind a key that could switch between allies? I know there's F1-F5 but that doesn't really help me! Any advice appreciated!

Hello,

Most of healers use special healing frames to click heal so they don't need to switch between people.

The mostly used would be VuhDo, Grid and Healbot.

To give you more insight, here's for example a VuhDo configuration guide and here how it looks in fight from a healer's PoV:

Thank you for helping out! :D

I don't want to open another thread, so I'll just ask here. When you're doing dungeons, and you get quests inside. After the dungeon is over, you're suppose to turn in quests, but the npc is all the way back, at entrance. So must I run back? Anyone knows what addon for nameplates is this? 

And, can you be in more than 1 guild?

1. You don't have to run back but teleport out of dungeon (a button on your minimap when you are in dungeon queue) and then back in (same button). In this way you will come back to the entrance.

2. I'll make a guess: Tidy Plates

3. No, you can be in 1 guild only with one toon. 

6 hours ago, yoco007 said:

Thank you! 

It's a shame regarding only one guild. I'm in guild but it doesn't seem to be a very active or helpful one!

No shame here but some rules :)

1. Never ever accept random guild invites - these guilds are not here to help or to do any regular activities. If you accidentally accepted the invite, /gquit is the command to leave.

2. You don't really have to be in a guild if you are not doing Mythic raiding which is restricted to a specific server team. Other than that, start to add people you want to stay in touch as your RealID friends - may be good enough for the start.

3. When you'll meet more people in WoW and make some friends, maybe they will invite you to join their guild so at least you will know people they you are going to tag along with.

4. Check for the guild recruitment threads on the official forums, here or just go through the guild descriptions for your server on Wowprogress - most of guilds there have a recruitment post and a link to their website. There are lot of non-Mythic friendly guilds that are interested in social members or activity other than raids.

I don't know whether you are playing on EU or US, so gave links to EU but I believe you'd be able to manage from here :)

• Like 1