FORUMS
Damien

Balance Druid 7.3

Guest aRk

Hi there,

I'm a Balance Druid in the Taiwanese server. 

I've been able to do 2x SW(with starlord buff) between SS with 10473 haste. Armory link below.

(http://tw.battle.net/wow/zh/character/尖石/小靈牛/advanced 

I would like to ask about the haste breakpoints according to 

http://imgur.com/a/anpAH   (Gebuz's Emerald Dreamcatcher Haste Breakpoints)

So, my question is, this haste breakpoint table is saying with 0ms latency we need 10833 to do 2xSW with starlord ?

Or there's some changes in the patch making it easier to reach the breakpoint and not 10833 anymore ?

Regards,

aRk

Guest Oisch

im wondering at the rotation with emerald dreamcatcher, how should i get out 4 starsurges at once for that i would need 110 max astral power :o! and i overcap my empowerments :o

On 2016-12-02 at 7:19 AM, Guest Oisch said:

im wondering at the rotation with emerald dreamcatcher, how should i get out 4 starsurges at once for that i would need 110 max astral power :o! and i overcap my empowerments :o

I find the entire concept confusing. I tried the opening rotation for NOT having Heroism, exactly as written, and at 11 and 12, it falls apart. There is not enough astral power from two Solar Wraths at that point to cast 3 Starsurges. I don't even know why 'building stacks' is mentioned; unless the Starsurges are cast back-to-back, or you immediately cast Solar Wrath and get out a Starsurge, then you can't take advantage of those stacks.

And that's also why the whole "Surgeweaving" confuses me; why do you need the Emerald Dreamcatcher for that gameplay style? You can't take advantage of the benefit the way the guide is laid out, unless you have high haste (maybe). But suppose you got Emerald Dreamcatcher from your first Nightmare Dragons kill ever, then what? It's all very confusing.

On 11/28/2016 at 1:16 AM, Guest mok said:

How good is Chrono shard?  It seems perfect for balance

I would imagine it depends on a number of things. The best thing to do is probably just to sim your character with it though.

On 11/29/2016 at 8:10 PM, Guest Anoris said:

The link to the amory of xirips doesnt work :)

I'll notify them, thanks!

On 11/29/2016 at 9:42 PM, Kinao said:

Got it with the "Method" link of the guide

Yeah, the issue is due to the region of the armoury. For some reason, the link goes to the US one for Xirips. It'll get fixed soon!

On 12/1/2016 at 7:09 AM, Guest aRk said:

Or there's some changes in the patch making it easier to reach the breakpoint and not 10833 anymore ?

The changes to secondaries in 7.1.5 could have an impact, yeah.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:19 PM, Guest Oisch said:

I would assume this is due to the previous casts. It is only possible under Bloodlust/Hero.

21 hours ago, username22 said:

I find the entire concept confusing. I tried the opening rotation for NOT having Heroism, exactly as written, and at 11 and 12, it falls apart. There is not enough astral power from two Solar Wraths at that point to cast 3 Starsurges. I don't even know why 'building stacks' is mentioned; unless the Starsurges are cast back-to-back, or you immediately cast Solar Wrath and get out a Starsurge, then you can't take advantage of those stacks.

As long as you have the helm, the reduction from it will carry over to your next SS-es. As long as you are casting fast enough, not only from a Haste perspective but from a general gameplay one, you should be able to do the rotation.

21 hours ago, username22 said:

And that's also why the whole "Surgeweaving" confuses me; why do you need the Emerald Dreamcatcher for that gameplay style? You can't take advantage of the benefit the way the guide is laid out, unless you have high haste (maybe). But suppose you got Emerald Dreamcatcher from your first Nightmare Dragons kill ever, then what? It's all very confusing.

http://imgur.com/a/anpAH - I don't think some of those breakpoints are that high at all.

Guest Kolinje

Important thing not mentioned here, If u have legendary ring that reduces CD on incantation chosen of elune and that trait that gives u haste for every spell used during incarnation: Chosen of elune your openere should be Incarnation, moonfire, starfire, new moon, half moon, starsurge, full moon, starsurge, wrath, wrath, lunar strike, lunar strike, starsurge, wrath, lunar strike and so on

Guest Guest J

Hello! Question about rotation/priority I am little bit confused about using lunar empowerment charges. When I have 3 lunar empowerment charges should I use all the charges in a row or cast only one lunar strike to spend one charge and then once again cast lunar strike when I get 3 charge, so I would stay all the time with 2 charges?

Guest Thorosofmyr

I am just trying to find some information on t he current haste cap?

On 12/17/2016 at 5:45 PM, Guest Kolinje said:

Important thing not mentioned here, If u have legendary ring that reduces CD on incantation chosen of elune and that trait that gives u haste for every spell used during incarnation: Chosen of elune your openere should be Incarnation, moonfire, starfire, new moon, half moon, starsurge, full moon, starsurge, wrath, wrath, lunar strike, lunar strike, starsurge, wrath, lunar strike and so on

I'll pass this on for review, thanks! :)

On 12/20/2016 at 1:58 PM, Guest Guest J said:

Hello! Question about rotation/priority I am little bit confused about using lunar empowerment charges. When I have 3 lunar empowerment charges should I use all the charges in a row or cast only one lunar strike to spend one charge and then once again cast lunar strike when I get 3 charge, so I would stay all the time with 2 charges?

Yeah, you'll stay at 2 charges most of the time, or in preparation for generating a huge number of Lunar Strike Emp charges.

On 12/23/2016 at 5:08 AM, Guest Thorosofmyr said:

I am just trying to find some information on t he current haste cap?

I'm not sure what you mean? Haste caps don't really exist anymore, outside of very specific situations. There are the caps when the player has the Dreamcatcher legendary, but that's about it.

Guest Dajudge

Please update your guide, feral affinity is widely considered to be the best choice for movement heavy raid encounters(90% of them)

On 1/7/2017 at 0:32 AM, Guest Dajudge said:

Please update your guide, feral affinity is widely considered to be the best choice for movement heavy raid encounters(90% of them)

There are updates due to be added very shortly for 7.1.5, so I'm sure this is included in that. I'll make a note of it anyway :)

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

On 1/11/2017 at 4:55 AM, Guest pacci said:

So is the haste cap still 30% ?

I need to double check this. Given that there is no cap listed in the guide, I would assume there isn't one. I'll let you know ASAP.

5 minutes ago, Malgrimour said:

you say with oneth's intuition stellar drift become even more powerful, does it beat natures balance on single target?

In ST, no. Stellar Flare does become your 75 talent though.

• Like 1