FORUMS
Damien

Guardian Druid 7.3

Guest Sunni

Lightning Reflexes
Requires Druid (Guardian)
Requires level 65

You gain Dodge equal to 100% of your Critical Strike from gear.

wouldnt this make crit more useful?

On 11/1/2016 at 8:15 PM, Guest Mantipper said:

So I've noticed the rotation page hasn't been updated to the recent talent changes, namely Galactic Guardian. It says (at time of this post) to prioritize GG procs over everything else for the 15 rage it used to generate. My question is now that it generates the same amount of rage as a gore proc'd Mangle, where does it sit in the priority list now?

Will gore procs take its place? or will the priority remain unchanged?

Thanks in advance.

Fair question, I'm not entirely sure, honestly. I'll forward this to our writer/reviewer and see if we can get it updated if need be. Will let you know - thanks!

On 11/9/2016 at 10:53 PM, Guest Sunni said:

wouldnt this make crit more useful?

Despite the tooltip, it is not a direct correlation. You won't get +5% crit = +5% dodge. Also, remember that Dodge does nothing against a huge amount of damage that is incoming during raid encounters.

Guest Reyoko

i am having a rough time tanking, this being the first expansion that i have actually had trouble with suvivability in general. im wondering why, if crit affect dodge why its ranked so low on the list of stats. i would think it should go vers crit mastery or at the very least vers mastery crit. currently i am 858ilvl with 23% vers 15% mastery and only 13% dodge.

i am only the OT in our raids and i just take so much more damage than out Blood DK MT. his ilvl is somewhere in the high 870s so i'm chalking it up to that at the moment but it seems like i take double if not 3 times as much damage as he does. i use FR almost on CD and i keep up ironfur and mark of ursol(when needed), use weapon CD, barkskin, and SI when i need to but there's only so much you can do to mitigate damage. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Reyõko/advanced link to my Armory if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. 

13 hours ago, Guest Reyoko said:

i am having a rough time tanking, this being the first expansion that i have actually had trouble with suvivability in general.

For stuff like this, we can't help you without looking at a log. Your armoury can't really tell us anything important -  a log gives us a direct look at your uptimes, usage etc.

The best thing to do would be to post a log to the Druid forum so that people can look through it and give you a helping hand.

As for Dodge and Crit, it's simply just worse than the other stats. Haste is better since it gives you more rage, which means more usages of your AM abilities. This is a lot better than a small chance at one attack being dodged. 

Guest Voxyn

I'm around 880 ilevel with the following trinkets:

DMF 855

Urn 875

Ichor 865 socketed with vers

horn of valor 855 socketed with vers

Which combination should I use? Which one should I aim to get? Thanks in advance!

On 11/28/2016 at 2:55 PM, Guest Voxyn said:

DMF 855

Super late, but the DMF trinket is pretty crazy powerful due to the armour interaction with your skills!

Guest Voxyn
18 hours ago, Blainie said:

Super late, but the DMF trinket is pretty crazy powerful due to the armour interaction with your skills!

thanks for the late response. However as far as I know DMF does not interact with ironfur?

9 hours ago, Guest Voxyn said:

thanks for the late response. However as far as I know DMF does not interact with ironfur?

From what I remember, it no longer interacts with your Ironfur, but is still affected by any +Armour in your artifact traits. 

Guest Acidphyr

I am curious as to why have most of the top bears I look at, have a ton of crit and quite low mastery and vers?

Guest Beefmode
1 hour ago, Guest Acidphyr said:

I am curious as to why have most of the top bears I look at, have a ton of crit and quite low mastery and vers?

I am curious about this as well. Is it simply because they are prioritizing dps over higher survivability?

Guest Acidphyr

I do know that higher crit helps with the aggro issues but I am more curious about why list the stat priority one way and then have everyone else, including the reviewer, stack the shit out of crit? haha

11 hours ago, Guest Acidphyr said:

Because obtaining Vers gear is incredibly difficult, given that barely any drops in raids. You have to be super lucky to get it to TF high enough. 

They still do gem for Vers, as seen in Justwait's armoury, they are just taking higher item level pieces and skipping out on the Versatility, since it eventually does become less useful when there is a massive item level gap. This gap does depend on the gear in question, stats available, how much each stat you have, etc. etc.

10 hours ago, Guest Beefmode said:

I am curious about this as well. Is it simply because they are prioritizing dps over higher survivability?

See above.

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

4 hours ago, Guest Only-a-Bear said:

Would be cool to add some further details to Versa vs Mastery (Mastery cap at 8000/10000).

See explanations here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2089944-Mastery-VS-versa?p=42781101&viewfull=1#post42781101

And also this Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...GJg/edit#gid=0

Will definitely pass this on to the writer, thanks!

Guest Razfurendar

So  see we lost displacer beast as a talent and it says it's baseline now.  So that leads me to believe it's a base skill, however I can't find it to save my life; am I missing something?

On 11-1-2017 at 1:26 AM, Guest Razfurendar said:

So  see we lost displacer beast as a talent and it says it's baseline now.  So that leads me to believe it's a base skill, however I can't find it to save my life; am I missing something?

Don't think you're missing anything, it's not in my spellbook either. Honestly I don't quite think it has become baseline since it's still a talent for Feral and Resto.. Correct me if I'm wrong though! :)

Edited by Meowish
I noticed I missed to mention Resto spec

20 hours ago, Guest Razfurendar said:

Where are you seeing it becoming baseline? I believe it was just removed for Bear.

10 hours ago, Blainie said:

Where are you seeing it becoming baseline? I believe it was just removed for Bear.

"

• A new talent, Intimidating Roar Icon Intimidating Roar, has been added in place of Displacer Beast, which is now a baseline ability.

"

Front page, #3, Patch 7.1.5 Changes. I came here wondering about that too. It's still a talent, but only for non-Guardian specs.

16 minutes ago, solitha said:

Front page, #3, Patch 7.1.5 Changes. I came here wondering about that too. It's still a talent, but only for non-Guardian specs.

Nice one! I'll get this reported to the writer, it looks like it was indeed just removed for Guardian and that this is wrong.

• Like 1

On 10.1.2017 at 1:17 PM, Guest Only-a-Bear said:

Would be cool to add some further details to Versa vs Mastery (Mastery cap at 8000/10000).

See explanations here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2089944-Mastery-VS-versa?p=42781101&viewfull=1#post42781101

And also this Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...GJg/edit#gid=0

Just a thought:

IF there is a mastery hard cap, then maybe it is desirable to reach it by mark of the trained soldier, that has been buffed (double value) with 7.1.5.

Maybe it's even a feasible alternative in certain situations w/o consindering the possibility of any hard caps.

Also: The values in the spreadsheet provided should be out of date now since the numbers needed for 1% have been changed, right?

Edited by Uludaq