FORUMS
Damien

Restoration Druid 7.3

Guest Xallaxa

Need some help please. What amount of intellect increase is more important that a drop in haste

Hopefully that makes sense but and example would be:

Current item - 729 int, 514 haste, 220 vers.

possible replacement - 839 int, 499 crit, 277 mast

Guest JustAnotherDruid

Greetings and Salutations!

Can someone explain why Moment of Clarity is not worth choosing. At the start of the new xpac, I immediately chose this talent because I was having mana issues and upon choosing it, I completely solved all mana problems. However, after reading this guide I'd like to get a better understanding of why you would want to choose Flourish. I have to say, I did fool around with Flourish for a couple of weeks for funsies, and starting having mana issues again, and noticed a small decrease in my HpS. 

Secondly, there seems to always be a controversy as to whether Crit or Mastery is better. My take on it is that it seems Mastery is better since it is guaranteed results, whereas Crit is based on RNG. How true is this?

Journey Onward,

JustAnotherDruid

14 hours ago, Guest JustAnotherDruid said:

Greetings and Salutations!

Can someone explain why Moment of Clarity is not worth choosing. At the start of the new xpac, I immediately chose this talent because I was having mana issues and upon choosing it, I completely solved all mana problems. However, after reading this guide I'd like to get a better understanding of why you would want to choose Flourish. I have to say, I did fool around with Flourish for a couple of weeks for funsies, and starting having mana issues again, and noticed a small decrease in my HpS. 

Secondly, there seems to always be a controversy as to whether Crit or Mastery is better. My take on it is that it seems Mastery is better since it is guaranteed results, whereas Crit is based on RNG. How true is this?

Journey Onward,

JustAnotherDruid

1. Moment of Clarity is not worth choosing because: a) it's a random proc so you can't rely on it in need and it affects only one HoT b) the other two talents are way better - Stonebark for dungeons (increases healing on target from all HoTs), Flourish for raids (extends duration of all HoTs). Both these talents are "on use" so you can push your healing when it's required.

2. There is no controversy: Haste+Mastery is better for 5-man, Haste+Crit for the raids :) The reason for it is in Mastery being better the more HoTs you have on a target. So in 5-man you can easily keep on tank 4-5 HoTs (Mastery shines) while in raids it's most of time 1-2 per person and this is the source for the stats difference.

On 10/17/2016 at 8:45 PM, Guest Xallaxa said:

Need some help please. What amount of intellect increase is more important that a drop in haste

Hopefully that makes sense but and example would be:

Current item - 729 int, 514 haste, 220 vers.

possible replacement - 839 int, 499 crit, 277 mast

There should be a spreadsheet somewhere that helps with calculating this, I can't remember if there was one made for Resto Shaman though, similar to Geodew's MW one. Will check and let you know.

8 hours ago, Guest Salvardor said:

anyone got some reviews on  Faith's Crucible ?

The distance is actually surprisingly short. You'll find yourself having to move to make it heal the person you want, especially since it can simply heal you if you are the only person in range. It's OK, but nothing special, at least from what I can see.

Guest Salvardor
4 hours ago, Blainie said:

The distance is actually surprisingly short. You'll find yourself having to move to make it heal the person you want, especially since it can simply heal you if you are the only person in range. It's OK, but nothing special, at least from what I can see.

Ok Thanks :)

so its not worth to change against  Heightened Senses  and  Vial of Nightmare Fog 

On 19/7/2016 at 8:21 AM, Manaleaf said:

For an info graphic on how RDSW works: 

See this link: uIO0B4H.jpg

Hi!!! can you tell me, what is the addon of frame unit???

Hello everyone,

i little bit test with the stats from my restro druid and i think haste and mastery would be a good combo to heal more effectiv than crit and haste.

Guest VenuS

Could someone explain why is always Haste top stat for resto druid? What does it do except

1.slightly reducing spell cast and

2.even more slightly increasing HoT ticks?

Isn't just Crit a much better stat in raids compared to Haste? Because it

1.doubles the heals of some of your HoTs' ticks (better than Haste that just gives 1 or 2 more ticks)

2.doubles the heals of direct healing spells (slightly better or similar to reducing spell cast(?)) 

**3.gives your tranquility a super boost.

Or isn't mastery a better stat in small groups (4-5) than Haste? Because it *GREATLY increases your healing if you have HoTs on target.

I just can't find a good reason to put Haste as my top stat. Though every single resto druid does it, I would be so happy if someone could explain it.

Guest Tyri

I just wanted to add my experiences with   Sephuz's Secret   here. This item can be very helpful for a healer in mythich + dungeons you essentially can have the buff up every 20 seconds specially when pair up with   Mass Entanglement  . You can basically use that every 30 seconds to activate the buff for 10 seconds and then use it again in 30 seconds. This will keep you buffed with a 15% haste and 70% speed for 10 seconds every 20 seconds that is huge. There are better legendaries for sure but this one shouldn't be dismissed like that, right now you guys have it listed as completely not usefull for pve and that is not the case. 

On 11/6/2016 at 1:34 AM, Guest VenuS said:

I just can't find a good reason to put Haste as my top stat. Though every single resto druid does it, I would be so happy if someone could explain it.

I believe you're slightly underselling Haste as a stat. It's actually very good, to a point. A lower GCD is very useful, lower cast times, more healing, this all sounds great, right?

In certain situations, I would see Mastery pull ahead for sure, or crit. These are specific situations, however, and our guide is tailored towards general healing in a raid environment. In M+, I would probably see Mastery being more useful, but again, to a point.

8 hours ago, Guest Tyri said:

I just wanted to add my experiences with   Sephuz's Secret   here. This item can be very helpful for a healer in mythich + dungeons you essentially can have the buff up every 20 seconds specially when pair up with   Mass Entanglement  . You can basically use that every 30 seconds to activate the buff for 10 seconds and then use it again in 30 seconds. This will keep you buffed with a 15% haste and 70% speed for 10 seconds every 20 seconds that is huge. There are better legendaries for sure but this one shouldn't be dismissed like that, right now you guys have it listed as completely not usefull for pve and that is not the case. 

You won't always be able to take ME, however. There are a lot of times where Bash is extremely useful, if not necessary, depending on your comp. I agree that it can be useful, but it is in very specific situations. The guide is also very heavily tailored towards raiding, rather than M+ progression/farming, hence why Sephuz is seen as not very useful.

Guest Tyri
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

You won't always be able to take ME, however. There are a lot of times where Bash is extremely useful, if not necessary, depending on your comp. I agree that it can be useful, but it is in very specific situations. The guide is also very heavily tailored towards raiding, rather than M+ progression/farming, hence why Sephuz is seen as not very useful.

The affect will trigger with bash as well, but I see what you are saying. I will continue to make the most of it and till an better one comes my way lol. I hope blizzard buffs this ring a bit and I can take advantage of it even more. Thank you for your thoughts. 

Hey folks, this came up on the Druid forums and wanted to make sure it made it here. Mark of the Claw now either procs from heals or procs from being in combat (not sure which), but in either case it should be the preferred neck enchant for Resto Druids at this point. (Screenshot for proof if you need it.)

WoWScrnShot_112116_112152.jpeg

On 16.11.2016 at 1:57 AM, Guest Tyri said:

The affect will trigger with bash as well, but I see what you are saying. I will continue to make the most of it and till an better one comes my way lol. I hope blizzard buffs this ring a bit and I can take advantage of it even more. Thank you for your thoughts. 

No problem, always here to help :)

On 21.11.2016 at 5:49 PM, Sighelm said:

Hey folks, this came up on the Druid forums and wanted to make sure it made it here. Mark of the Claw now either procs from heals or procs from being in combat (not sure which), but in either case it should be the preferred neck enchant for Resto Druids at this point. (Screenshot for proof if you need it.)

Thanks for sharing! Will definitely get this updated :)

9 hours ago, Twiddles said:

Can confirm that Mark of the Claw does not proc from heals for me at least.  It may proc in combat and I will test again to see, but checked after raid, because I didnt see the proc during raid and went OOM without a single proc healing a friendly target.

I don't suppose you managed to grab a log of that raid? Any extra information and feedback that I can forward would be great!

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

I'm surprised to not see the neck enchant changed to Mark of the Claw yet.  If you are still waiting for a raid log as proof let me know and I'm happy to provide that.  I have clear logs showing procs for at least the last few weeks.  We were doing achievement runs in EN just last night (Jan 9) and I show procs still then.

14 hours ago, Dysphoric said:

I'm surprised to not see the neck enchant changed to Mark of the Claw yet.  If you are still waiting for a raid log as proof let me know and I'm happy to provide that.  I have clear logs showing procs for at least the last few weeks.  We were doing achievement runs in EN just last night (Jan 9) and I show procs still then.

Yes, it is still outdated, sorry for that :(

No need to provide logs, Mark of the Claw is the right choice.

I've put in another note concerning the enchant, so it should be update in the very near future!

2 minutes ago, Guest Spush said:

Now that   Sephuz's Secret  procs off dispels is it still irrelevant? 

An interesting point, will get it checked by our reviewer. I imagine it must now have some usage, for sure.