FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

Guest jmaster299

In the guide, updated for Legion, you have a check mark in Big Game Hunter, yet in the breakdown for that tier you say to take either Dire Stable or Way of the Cobra, with Dire Stable being the preferred choice.

Big Game Hunter is not recommended, yet has the check mark as if it is. I know you had previously recommended it, and am guessing the graphic just needs to updated to match the text.

Guest Nick

So WOW is swinging toward hardcore players and ignoring casual players.  This is way to confusing.  I just needed a basic rotation and an easy explanation of Wtf is going on.  

Thanks for nothing... 

1 hour ago, Guest Nick said:

So WOW is swinging toward hardcore players and ignoring casual players.  This is way to confusing.  I just needed a basic rotation and an easy explanation of Wtf is going on.  

Thanks for nothing... 

Our apologies for this overly complicated rotation...

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 10.34.37.png

48 minutes ago, Damien said:

Our apologies for this overly complicated rotation...

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 10.34.37.png

I don't think he's serious. 

There is one thing I don't understand. In MM priority system, you have Barrage (talent) and Windburst (artifact ability). Why A Murder of Crows and Titan's Thunder are not in BM priority then? Actually in BM Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities section there is nothing about using Titan's Thunder at all. Nothing about Wild Call procs too...

I added Titan's Thunder.

Wild Call doesn't change anything in the priority. It just resets the cooldown of Dire Beast.

A Murder of Crows has a somewhat long explanation, and unless the talents are very gamechanging for the spec we do not include them in the base rotation. You can find the explanation for Crows further below in the rotation section. I might put Crows in the actual rotation (since it's so short, it could use some meat), but let me know what you think.

Guest aceperson

i noticed tempered egg of serpentix  isn't on the trinket dps chart. just wondering if you missed it or are still testing it.

I was hoping to see a more updated thread for BM hunter than July.  I also was looking at the BM Hunter guide but only saw dungeons and raid setups....why no regular pve open world setup?

I am running through the new zones and currently only at lvl 101...so I came to the BM Hunter forum to see what build setup would be more helpful than the generic one I am using.  Not everything is working very well and I know I am doing something wrong but have no idea how to fix it.

So, if I am running BM at lvl 10, which of the only two build setups would work well for general pve open world questing?

Guest Acyd

I had no problem with the setup that this site gives us, while questing.

22 minutes ago, Friedbones said:

I was hoping to see a more updated thread for BM hunter than July.  I also was looking at the BM Hunter guide but only saw dungeons and raid setups....why no regular pve open world setup?

I am running through the new zones and currently only at lvl 101...so I came to the BM Hunter forum to see what build setup would be more helpful than the generic one I am using.  Not everything is working very well and I know I am doing something wrong but have no idea how to fix it.

So, if I am running BM at lvl 10, which of the only two build setups would work well for general pve open world questing?

Just pick talents that give you burst damage so you can quickly kill mobs inbetween running around for quests. You may also want to spec your pet to Tenacity so it can last a little longer if you pull a lot of mobs at once. 

Something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/hunter/beast-mastery/MNh0

Or this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/hunter/beast-mastery/MNe0

Should work just fine.

Just now, Iridar said:

Just pick talents that give you burst damage so you can quickly kill mobs inbetween running around for quests. You may also want to spec your pet to Tenacity so it can last a little longer if you pull a lot of mobs at once. 

Something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/hunter/beast-mastery/MNh0

Or this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/hunter/beast-mastery/MNe0

Should work just fine.

Thank you for your tips.  I actually picked up a Chill Turtle yesterday and now my pet does not die ...its amazing how that turtle can tank.

But I shall check out the info and see what tweaks I can make to my build.  I am an older person with slower reflexes so I try for simple, useful talent choices that I can string together to provide a decent synergy of action.  I tend to send in the pet(s) *now that I have the blue lighting wolf, and pause while they get aggro...then start firing away. 

I truly love BM...have always loved the pet hunters so was disappointed to find I could not use my pets with either of the other two specs.  Too bad.  

35 minutes ago, Friedbones said:

disappointed to find I could not use my pets with either of the other two specs.  Too bad.  

What?? Survival always uses a pet, you just can't use exotic pets. 

Marksmanship can also choose to use a pet. It's a bit less damage in raids and dungeouns, but hardly noticeable while questing and soloing.

32 minutes ago, Iridar said:

What?? Survival always uses a pet, you just can't use exotic pets. 

Marksmanship can also choose to use a pet. It's a bit less damage in raids and dungeouns, but hardly noticeable while questing and soloing.

ok, well I was under the impression the Lone Wolf was the only MM option and survival did not have a pet.

I have another question.  On this page https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksmanship-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-pet-talents I was looking at the #10 part about pets.  It says to choose ferocity for my pet.  But once I setup the spec using the talent choices shown there, I can't even choose that, I can't call out a pet so what am I missing here?

I think I figured out what is wrong here....your guide setup assumes you have your artifact weapon already.  I only have it for BM and not for MM or Survival...so I did some digging but cannot find any updated information on Icy-Veins pages for pre-artifact talent/skill suggestions.

Is there an archived set somewhere I can look at?

Edited by Friedbones

Im still a little confused about the relic rankings. I have a 850 relic in my weapon, but it is for 3% increased dmg for cobra shot. I just got an 840 that is for jaws of thunder. I don't know if i should keep the 850 with crappy trait or replace with the 840 with the better trait. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

33 minutes ago, Friedbones said:

I have another question.  On this page https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksmanship-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-pet-talents I was looking at the #10 part about pets.  It says to choose ferocity for my pet.  But once I setup the spec using the talent choices shown there, I can't even choose that, I can't call out a pet so what am I missing here?

With lone wolf selected as a talent you can't call on a pet. Change talents and you should have no problem.

26 minutes ago, Sawzorthn said:

With lone wolf selected as a talent you can't call on a pet. Change talents and you should have no problem.

I cannot use Lone Wolf because it seems to want the artifact weapon....which I do not have yet.

I am trying to find pre-artifact MM and Survival setups so I can go get those weapons, but all I find anywhere are Legion setups that seem to include the artifact weapon already.

I just want to be able to survive getting through to acquire the artifact weapon so I can use the new Legion builds and setups.  I can't even find something older than Legion at this point.  I was hoping there would be an archived guide I could look at in order to achieve this.

I am a bit frustrated since all the videos and "guides" I have come across for pre-Legion seem to have talents no longer in the specs...so I am flying blind and need some help please.

Edited by Friedbones

31 minutes ago, Friedbones said:

I cannot use Lone Wolf because it seems to want the artifact weapon....which I do not have yet.

I am trying to find pre-artifact MM and Survival setups so I can go get those weapons, but all I find anywhere are Legion setups that seem to include the artifact weapon already.

I just want to be able to survive getting through to acquire the artifact weapon so I can use the new Legion builds and setups.  I can't even find something older than Legion at this point.  I was hoping there would be an archived guide I could look at in order to achieve this.

I am a bit frustrated since all the videos and "guides" I have come across for pre-Legion seem to have talents no longer in the specs...so I am flying blind and need some help please.

Lone Wolf is not an Artifact talent, it is a normal talent.  In the guide that you linked, the pet spec choice is only relevant if you do not choose the Lone Wolf talent.  The build in the Marksmanship guide is entirely viable before you get your artifact weapon. 

Just now, Friedbones said:

Thank you for your response.  I actually caught up with a guild mate who helped me set up a MM build.  I have been using this most of the night leveling up to 102 so I can start the artifact weapon quest tomorrow.

What I finally got setup works a lot better than what I originally had.  Some things I moved around and the suggested talents he gave me are working fairly well.  As you can see these don't follow the ones on Icy-Veins page but once I get the MM artifact quest completed, I'll revisit the page and redo my setup.

MM hotbar setup.jpg

talent choices.jpg

oops...it appears because of my browser hiccup, I ended up with two posts...one I started and the one I edited to add more explanation.

Is there a way to remove the top of the two?  I was looking for a way to delete it but could not figure out how to do that.

5 minutes ago, Friedbones said:

Thank you for your response.  I actually caught up with a guild mate who helped me set up a MM build.  I have been using this most of the night leveling up to 102 so I can start the artifact weapon quest tomorrow.

What I finally got setup works a lot better than what I originally had.  Some things I moved around and the suggested talents he gave me are working fairly well.

MM hotbar setup.jpg

talent choices.jpg

While leveling as MM, it was convenient to have Black Arrow in addition to pet. Even with Misdirection and Tenacity talent tree, MM pet isn't very good at holding aggro, and it was convenient to have Black Arrow tanking any additional mobs I would pull. Black Arrow also proved to be useful in rare mob hunting, as the pet isn't that tanky.

Consider also using Patient Sniper. It is harder to play with, but has potential to do much more damage, and it's better for leveling as well so you don't have to ramp up your Marked Shot / Aimed Shot damage.