FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

15 hours ago, Minkey said:

I currently have 69% Mastery, 20% Crit, 14% Haste and 9% Vers (all rounded numbers). I have a feeling my Crit is a little bit on the lower side, or is it still better to stack mastery/haste over crit?

Any thoughts on this is appreciated, thanks!

Currently, your Haste is lower than Crit, so actually your Haste is on the lower side. 

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Guest Verenda

Hi Azortharion, 

I'm a big fan! My question is this; I just got exalted with Nightfallen and have now unlocked my 8 class hall pieces. Do you recommend using the whole set to get the 8 set bonus?

<3 Verenda

2 hours ago, Guest Verenda said:

Hi Azortharion, 

I'm a big fan! My question is this; I just got exalted with Nightfallen and have now unlocked my 8 class hall pieces. Do you recommend using the whole set to get the 8 set bonus?

<3 Verenda

I imagine it depends on what your alternatives are. What would your best possible setup without the 8-set be?

Guest Verenda

Right now my gear is mostly the class hall stuff, all upgraded to 840. I have the 6 piece bonus currently, simply because the 500 agility increase outweighs replacing those items with any slightly higher item level items I have come across, and the bracers have a gem socket as well. The items I have left to make my 8 piece set is the shoulders and the belt; the shoulders are a little better than what I have but the belt is a downgrade. I'm mostly just wondering what the 8 set bonus is like, because it seems good on paper but I've not come across many other people who have it all unlocked who can give advice.

21 hours ago, Guest Verenda said:

I'm mostly just wondering what the 8 set bonus is like, because it seems good on paper but I've not come across many other people who have it all unlocked who can give advice.

I'd say the best thing to do is just sim your two different sets of gear against each other. I'm not good enough at Hunter to tell whether this would be good or not, but I can help with the sims at least.

Guest aceperson

i'm good when it comes to base math and I use the pawn strings provided. I tend to do follow up math based on sockets and set bonuses just to make sure it is accounted for in pawn (unsurprisingly set bonuses aren't and I can't quite tell with sockets, some seem to count and some don't)

my question is what kind of sim do you guys use? I've tried looking through the internet and I can't find one as far as I can tell.  reason I need to find is is I got an 830 agi haste trinket with a socket (1023 agi, 865 haste) and it's extrememly hard to compare it to my 840 tempered egg of serpentrix (1123 agi).

26 minutes ago, Guest aceperson said:

my question is what kind of sim do you guys use? I've tried looking through the internet and I can't find one as far as I can tell.  reason I need to find is is I got an 830 agi haste trinket with a socket (1023 agi, 865 haste) and it's extrememly hard to compare it to my 840 tempered egg of serpentrix (1123 agi).

https://simulationcraft.org/

Guest Kulnazz

How pet skill GCD works ? Do i lose DPS if i macro spirit mend on myself ? (assuming the pet wont have to move, does he loses an auto att to cast Spirit mend on me?)

On 9/30/2016 at 6:28 AM, Guest Kulnazz said:

How pet skill GCD works ? Do i lose DPS if i macro spirit mend on myself ? (assuming the pet wont have to move, does he loses an auto att to cast Spirit mend on me?)

Not sure on this. Will test and let you know.

Guest Lucah

Should the Blood Thirsty trinket be for survival only?  Tooltip says 'melee'.

5 minutes ago, Guest Lucah said:

Should the Blood Thirsty trinket be for survival only?  Tooltip says 'melee'.

All trinkets that specify Melee or Ranged are misleading currently, as they will proc for both Ranged and Melee attacks/spells.  Tooltips can't be updated with a hotfix however, so they unfortunately stay misleading until the next patch, which is most likely going to be the 7.1 Return to Karazhan patch.

Guest Folih

@Azortharion

I have some questions about the rotation. Single target is easy to follow, but you're write up on the AOE rotation is very confusing to me. I was trying to break it up into 2, 3, and 4+ target rotation, but I couldn't. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I just couldn't figure it out. Is the following correct?

2 Target Rotation: 

1. Kill command (since you say "this takes priority over Multi Shot on 2 targets only.)

2. Multi Shot (just enough to keep up Beast Cleave)

3. Dire Beast

4. Cobra Shot (if focus > 90 and Beast Cleave buff > 1.5 sec). Else, use Multi Shot. 

This seems to be consistent with your write up, but it doesn't make sense to me that Kill Command should be lower than Dire Beast for single target and higher for 2 targets. Am I missing something? 

I had had similar issues trying to unpack the 3 and 4+ target rotations. I'd love it if you (or anyone else) could expand on these. 

Thanks a million for the great guides!

Hey! A guildie is asking what's the BiS list for BM (if there is one). Thanks in advance!

On 10/6/2016 at 7:57 PM, Guest Folih said:

I had had similar issues trying to unpack the 3 and 4+ target rotations. I'd love it if you (or anyone else) could expand on these. 

2 targets:

1. Kill Command.
  2. Multi-Shot enough to keep Beast Cleave up.
  3. Dire Beast / Dire Frenzy.
  4. Cobra Shot at over 90 Focus and Beast Cleave has more than 1.5 seconds remaining. 
  5. Multi Shot.

3 targets:

1. Multi-Shot enough to keep Beast Cleave up.
  2. Dire Beast / Dire Frenzy.
  3. Kill Command.
  4. Cobra Shot at over 90 Focus and Beast Cleave has more than 1.5 seconds remaining. 
  5. Multi Shot.

4 targets:

1. Multi-Shot enough to keep Beast Cleave up.
  2. Dire Beast / Dire Frenzy.
  3. Multi-Shot if you have the Surge of the Stormgod trait.
  4. Kill Command.

23 hours ago, Zadina said:

Hey! A guildie is asking what's the BiS list for BM (if there is one). Thanks in advance!

It will just be gear weighted towards Mastery/Haste from M+ with Bloodthirsty Instinct + Unstable Arcanocrystal.

Guest Raz

I'm confused, does Kill Command still work like on WoD? It becomes AoE during Beast Cleave?

5 minutes ago, Guest Raz said:

I'm confused, does Kill Command still work like on WoD? It becomes AoE during Beast Cleave?

Kill Command has never procced Beast Cleave damage.

I am finding that its opening sequence is wrong, you put bank crows before bestial wrath, but so you will lose the bonus bestial wrath of damage, not the other way around?

5 minutes ago, Toadhunter said:

I am finding that its opening sequence is wrong, you put bank crows before bestial wrath, but so you will lose the bonus bestial wrath of damage, not the other way around?

Crows' damage updates dynamically, so if you use crows > bestial wrath, it will still get the damage buff.  The only thing that doesn't update dynamically is Feral Druid bleeds.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Orthios said:

Crows' damage updates dynamically, so if you use crows > bestial wrath, it will still get the damage buff.  The only thing that doesn't update dynamically is Feral Druid bleeds.

I did not know that, thanks!

Please forgive me in case this question has been already answered but I couldn't find any thread about this, you mention that you recommend spending 13 traits into BM before developing the MM Artifact, do you mean 13 traits like 13 levels  that means up to Furious Swipes or 13 full developed circles up to Titan's thunder?

Thank you

8 hours ago, Psionic said:

Please forgive me in case this question has been already answered but I couldn't find any thread about this, you mention that you recommend spending 13 traits into BM before developing the MM Artifact, do you mean 13 traits like 13 levels  that means up to Furious Swipes or 13 full developed circles up to Titan's thunder?

Thank you

Furious Swipes is enough.

• Like 1

Guest Beibei

When is Stampede better than Kill Cobra for this raiding tier? I was finally happy to give it a try during Xavius, but then the group decided to just burn the boss to under 65% to only get one add. In the end my DPS was much lower than with Kill Cobra.

Is it worth picking for Dragons? Maybe use it on the shades?

Guest Folih
9 hours ago, Iridar said:

Furious Swipes is enough.

Are you sure? By my count, 13 levels only gives you 1/3 in Furious Swipes.