FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

Thanks for this nice guide, again. :)

One question: Last guide said I should use Barrage on two or more targets. Is this still the same?

Edited by Katamarii

Guest oziro

Most of my gear atm are crit & multistrike what will multistrike be when patch 7.0 hits?

2 hours ago, Ammako said:

What kind of difference does '% of weapon damage' do compared to '% of attack power'?

%AP abilities do damage based on that % of your AP, whereas %WD do damage based on that % of your currently equipped weapon's damage spread.

Yeah but mainly I'm wondering what makes 376.25% of weapon damage Physical damage from Aimed Shot at 3 stacks of vulnerability for 50 focus on a 2 second cast higher priority than 520% of Attack Power Shadow damage instant cast Black Arrow for 40 focus.

Is this assuming that you stacked tons of Mastery? Or assuming that you picked Patient Sniper? I could see how it'd become a lot more powerful if you had more Mastery. Or is it still better dps/higher priority even at lower Mastery?

I've mostly seen people saying that Aimed Shot was never really strong enough to be worth casting when reading PTR and Beta forums, so I didn't expect it to be so high on the priority list. Not saying the guide is wrong, just that I'm very curious about it and figured that the theorycrafters over here would know how things work a lot better compared to randoms on official forums.

From what I understand, Black Arrow is not effected by mastery.  And yes, Patient Sniper is assumed, given it is quite better than other options in that talent row.  Also, IIRC, weapon damage is increase by some % of your AP (don't remember the exact number, but I think it's either 100% or 200%), which is quite the boost to weapon damage abilities.

Edit:  Looked it up, 1point of Agility gives 1 AP, and 3.5 AP gives 1 weapon DPS.

Guest Loque

I feel completely lost, playing MM is completely different now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Orthios said:

From what I understand, Black Arrow is not effected by mastery.  And yes, Patient Sniper is assumed, given it is quite better than other options in that talent row.  Also, IIRC, weapon damage is increase by some % of your AP (don't remember the exact number, but I think it's either 100% or 200%), which is quite the boost to weapon damage abilities.

Edit:  Looked it up, 1point of Agility gives 1 AP, and 3.5 AP gives 1 weapon DPS.

Gotcha, yes if we assume lots of mastery and Patient Sniper then yeah Aimed Shot would do way more damage.

This makes the guide a bit weirdly-structured, though. Why don't we have several different single-target rotations shown depending on talents? Patient Sniper is one such talent that would drastically increase the value of Aimed Shot, which would alter the rotation significantly. Not everyone will be picking Patient Sniper, so it'd be good to have one rotation showing as "If you picked Patient Sniper", and one showing "If you didn't pick Patient Sniper."

In previous guides for other classes/specs, like for example Shadow Priest, there were different rotations listed depending on talent choices. Something like this should be done here too imo.

I get that this is the first release of the guide for 7.0.3, so I understand if things didn't come out perfectly right away, but that's just a suggestion.

Also does the rotation assume t18 4pc?

Edited by Ammako

3 hours ago, Xelatron said:

The hunter guides are the only ones that have had the BiS section removed :( I was still using it...

Azor didn't like it :P

Guest Guest1010

I'm constantly having long times where i'm doing nothing, what am i doing wrong. This guide is kinda confusing to be honest.

The spec has downtime, as is mentioned in the guide several times, so you having downtime does not indicate that you are doing anything wrong.

What do you find confusing about the guide specifically?

Have you ever tried Rune of Recreation? I tried it with my Hunter and when it Procs on Ring use you do 400k Aimed Shot Crits (Chim dealt about 800k Crit with Pot and Ring), you can do some rly sick rings with that. But idk how it sims. It procs on Pull every time and you can get 2 chims in those 10 secs.  Tested on Warspear Dummy not on an actual Raid boss (but you'd have raidbuffs there). Could also be sick with ring and multi target sidewinder + marked or maybe with Trueshot and Ring.

If it Procs atm with Mastery Weapon Enchant Proc I go to 9400 Mastery on my Marksman which is something like 60%.

e: talking pre patch not beta with 860 something ilvl

Edited by Asheketchum

Am I just a complete dork? Where the heck is Arcane Shot? It's listed in the guide but I'm not finding it anywhere in my spellbook or talents. 

4 minutes ago, Breezzie1506 said:

Am I just a complete dork? Where the heck is Arcane Shot? It's listed in the guide but I'm not finding it anywhere in my spellbook or talents. 

it's replaced by sidewinders if you get that talent

Edited by Asheketchum
  • Like 1

*Edit* Apparently I'm blind - Just ignore this post. /blush

If I take Steady Focus instead of Lone Wolf (sometimes I prefer a pet to solo some harder content) and I still take Sidewinders doesn't it make the choice of Steady Focus pointless since it only has 2 charges? 

Edited by Nyabi

3 minutes ago, Nyabi said:

If I take Steady Focus instead of Lone Wolf (sometimes I prefer a pet to solo some harder content) and I still take Sidewinders doesn't it make the choice of Steady Focus pointless since it only has 2 charges? 

I think it procs if you use both sidewinders in a row (try it maybe) and you'd have more focus reg for the sidewinder downtime but it's not worth I guess.

2 minutes ago, Azortharion said:

y9bb2PD.png

Oh good lord how did I not see that?!?  Thank you, I feel like an idiot now but thank you! 

Guest AMR stat weights

Can Azor share the weights he's using for Pre-Legion, please?

• Like 1

Is there a new updated string available for PAWN for legion yet? or should we still use the old one avail from Feb 2016?

Thanks so much for the hard work you put into these guides @Azortharion :)

oh and I'm still waiting for you to link your new armory ;)

I'm not following this MM rotation guide at all.

1) I simply don't understand the explanation next to Marked Shot, "but only", "and/or", "or", totally confusing;

2) Is it intended that Aimed Shot is in there twice?  Once saying use at more than 2 seconds and the other at less than 2 seconds, I don't follow the distinction between the two;

3) is "The last thing.." more important than "The most important thing.."?

• Like 1