FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

7 hours ago, Metztli said:

Ok mastery is again number 1 ? ... What is happening Blizzard ?!

I believe this was a change that just had a slight delay when updating. It looks like Mastery/Agility seem to swap fairly often.

Guest Kelkazon

Hi. I was wondering if I should prioritize mastery over agi at all times? Especially relevant when getting an way higher itemlevel piece that for instance will give me +130 agi but -866(!!!) mastery. Getting a bit confused about stat weights. Thanks!

Guest Madgunner
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

I believe this was a change that just had a slight delay when updating. It looks like Mastery/Agility seem to swap fairly often.

I too am very confused with the stat priority. Early on it was Mastery Agy Haste... then it briefly changed to Agy Mastery haste as is usually the case when it comes to primary and secondary stats, and now with the 20 percent nerf to barrage it's now at Mastery, agy and haste.... lol???  I wonder if there is another slight delay that would indicate otherwise based on how frequent these stat priorities are changing I would love to know why its changing from Agy to Mastery / visa versa, do MM shots simply scale more with mastery and if so why was it that at some point Agy was number 1?... what has changed besides the 20 percent nerf? im so sketch about these stat priorities and im sure im not the only one who feels this way! o.0

Take mastery on every piece of gear, only soft cap would be for haste and fitting 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable window, once you have that i believe crit may be better

mastery > agil > haste > crit > vers 

2 hours ago, Ziggers said:

Take mastery on every piece of gear, only soft cap would be for haste and fitting 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable window, once you have that i believe crit may be better

mastery > agil > haste > crit > vers 

What is the value of haste for 3 aimed shots to be fired in that window  ?

5 hours ago, Guest Madgunner said:

What has changed besides the 20 percent nerf?

Take a look at Azor's comment above.

I was wondering whether I should use the firebolts food or the mastery one as a pandaren. While the mastery food benefits from the increased stat buff passive, the firebolts food doesn't and, honestly, I don't know how to precissely calculate that myself so I'll be glad if someone could clarify it to me.

Edited by Narhok

11 hours ago, Narhok said:

I was wondering whether I should use the firebolts food or the mastery one as a pandaren. While the mastery food benefits from the increased stat buff passive, the firebolts food doesn't and, honestly, I don't know how to precissely calculate that myself so I'll be glad if someone could clarify it to me.

I believe, as a Panda, you should be using the Mastery food.

Guest Mcmeider

My result (Mcmeider EU Thrall) this morning was  Mastery > Haste ~= Agi ~= Crit ~= AP ~= Vers

( Pawn: v1: "Mcmeider": Agility=7.46, Ap=7.17, CritRating=7.34, HasteRating=7.46, MasteryRating=8.11, Versatility=7.09, Dps=25.25 )

Even Haste is equal to Agility? Sounds weird

(Simulationcraft

2016-09-30 1:04  

Guest Sremmos

I feel like this is a stupid question and I know the guide says to use barrage and WB on cd, I just want to make sure that means that regardless of what procs, save mark shot falling off in vulnerable window I have that I use them.

I don't think my dps is where it should be so just making sure I am doing things right.

Guest SweetMrGibs

Azortharion, can you please clarify the following?  Should I used Aimed Shot when Vunerable is up over Windburst, or use Windburst regardless (i.e. as soon as it's off CD)?

Guest Cherreh
On 1.10.2016 at 5:11 PM, Azortharion said:

It's not really that weird, I get the same if I just run a sim with my char.

Does that mean the pawn-string is outdated, and I should set them to the weights poster mentioned? Agi is a lot better in the pawn-strings linked.

Guest HuntressAlystrasza

Hello Azorth,

Is it still barrage over windburst as stated in guide? Asking because seeing you and some other top hunters prioritizing windburst over barrage in fights from what i see in streams.

Also, can you give some information about vulnerable window and aimed shots? It says it will go like sw>as>ms>as in guide but people keep saying minimum of 1.5 as should be cast in every vuln window. Kinda confused on this.

Regards

Guest SweetMrGibs

One thing to consider re: replacing Barrage with Murder of Crows... namely the "Bullseye" trait on the bow.  Every time you damage a target, Crit chance goes up by 1% (up to a max of 30%) once the boss is below 20%.  Now, I have no idea if every crow that hits the boss is counted as one piece of damage, but even if it is, MoC has a 1 min CD (iirc).  However, Barrage has a 20 second CD.  If you time things right, or even if you don't, you'll more than likely be hitting Barrage much sooner after the boss hits 20% than MoC.  I guess what I'm saying is, with Barrage, you'll get your Crit chance up to 30% much quicker than if you use MoC.

I haven't run any maths on this - it just strikes me as something that's not been raised.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:23 AM, Guest Sremmos said:

I feel like this is a stupid question and I know the guide says to use barrage and WB on cd, I just want to make sure that means that regardless of what procs, save mark shot falling off in vulnerable window I have that I use them.

I don't think my dps is where it should be so just making sure I am doing things right.

This should be answered in the more in-depth explanation of the ST rotation:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksmanship-hunter-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Every Crows tick applies a stack of Bullseye. Of course, it's not quite as fast as Barrage, but this is accounted for in the simulations that put Crows ~8-10k ahead of Barrage on a single target.

Guest SweetMrGibs
13 minutes ago, Azortharion said:

Every Crows tick applies a stack of Bullseye. Of course, it's not quite as fast as Barrage, but this is accounted for in the simulations that put Crows ~8-10k ahead of Barrage on a single target.

Thanks, good to know.  Does the sim assume that a MoC is saved until the boss hits 20%, or does it assume it's use on cooldown?  There could be situation where the boss goes down from 20 to 0% in less than a minute (particularly as people gear up), which could mean that MoC isn't even used in that period (or at least not until towards the end of the fight).  Anyway, I'll take your advice and stick to MoC - thanks Azorth.

Guest JMGOD

is UNSTABLE ARCANOCRYSTAL from this week's world boss a BiS trinker?

Guest Xaura

For the trinkets, what iLvl is "world quest mastery"? Also, where does 835 bloodthirsty instinct stand? 

17420f7843.png

835 Instinct is not in the sims, but considering 850 Instinct is about 2.7k dps behind the 865 one, it's safe to assume that an 835 Instinct is gonna be about 2.7k dps behind an 850 one, maybe slightly more because of how ilvl scaling works.