FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

I picked up my hunter for some pre-Legion stuff, and while I got useful information from this guide, I found the priorities given for the rotation to be so saturated with exceptions as to make reading it far from easy. I rewrote it as follows, and if it's found to be accurate, feel welcome to use this list freely.

0. Open with Barrage.
1. If Hunter's Mark is present, and Vulnerable is about to expire or the target is about to die, cast Marked Shot.
2. If Vulnerable has more than ~2 seconds left,*
    2a. Cast Barrage if available.
    2b. Cast Aimed Shot.
3. If Marking Targets is active, cast Sidewinders.
4. Cast Sidewinders just before you reach two charges. Try not to ever have two.

* enough time to have an Aimed Shot land before the debuff expires, which varies with haste and distance

Guest Jemis

Hi,

just a litte Question, i have done some simcraft on ask mr Robot and BM ist allways better in DPS by my sims at Lvl 110 and Itemlvl 840.

What Tool do you use, under simcraft.org there is only a simulator for the old content.

Do you have a link to the simcraft that you use?

What was the Itemlvl you use by your sims (Legion BIS?)

I try to understand why MM should be the Raid Spec, you must stand to cast your shot, and you are addicted to the Luck with your Procs.

So MM must have a lot more DPS than BM but this i dont see in my Sims.

Or is it because all the bosses in Legion need no Movement? :)

Regards

Jemis

Hi Azortharion I notice in your guide you recommend waiting until 60 focus before using a marked shot proc on sidewinders, i have been waiting till 50 focus before using it and it works well but I have noticed that sometimes while waiting to get focus the marked targets buff procs again and thus I loose a proc because i didn't use it before it proced again. Should I therefore use a marked target proc as soon as I get it no matter the focus I have? or continue to delay it until I hit 50-60 focus?

Thanks for the great guide btw.

Cast Arcane Shot IconArcane Shot to consume Marking Targets IconMarking Targets procs, and when you have nothing else to do.

• If you are using the Sidewinders IconSidewinders talent, you should only cast it if Marking Targets IconMarking Targets is active, as indicated by a spell effect around your character.

The "spell effect around the character", assuming you mean the three red arrows on either side, is when Hunter's Mark is actually applied, not when Marking Targets procs.

I can start autoshotting at a target dummy and get Marking Targets right away, but no spell effects happen until/unless I cast Sidewinders (AS/MS), at which point the screen lights up like an overloading nuclear reactor.

If I have a an injector at 715 (fully upgraded) w/leech, should I use that over the heirloom trinket or a 730 soul prism at 100?

So has it been shown which spec is going to be best for the first raid of Legion? I know it says MM is most likely best but we have a week until launch and I know a lot of high tier raiders are playing BM in the beta so I am kind of confused as to which I should start on...

Guest Brian

I might have missed it, but why are we using a versatility pot?

I have a couple questions. 

1) Does that 60 focus limit (was this removed from the guide)  for SW apply to somebody without the T18x4 bonus? With 60, I nearly cap with a SW->ASx2->MS->A->32 focus. If I get a LL proc though (which happens a lot), I can't spent focus fast enough to keep from capping. It would be easier to spend focus if I had the 4 set bonus, but does it make since to cast SW @ => 35 focus without the bonus?

2) Also, why use versatility as a pot? When I sim the VERS potion vs the AGI potion, I get virtually identical results (~10-20 dps) with AGI/VERS. Is this consistent with your results? Are they that close in your simulations?

1) It applies more to users of the set bonus than it applies to non-users if anything, but no, it doesn't apply. Technically, it doesn't matter, but when faced with multiple options with similar results, the easier one is the better one.

2) The difference is more like 400-500 DPS.

3 hours ago, Azortharion said:

2) The difference is more like 400-500 DPS.

Is that for the 25 seconds, or the entire fight? 

Anyone got an answer for which spec is going to be the best in the first tier of Legion? I see Azor replying to other posts but not luck here :( A lot of high tier players I know are playing BM in beta but Azor is saying MM is going to be #1 and its got me kinda confused lol Some help would be much appreciated! :D

51 minutes ago, Grimort said:

Anyone got an answer for which spec is going to be the best in the first tier of Legion? I see Azor replying to other posts but not luck here :( A lot of high tier players I know are playing BM in beta but Azor is saying MM is going to be #1 and its got me kinda confused lol Some help would be much appreciated! :D

Marksmanship.

6 hours ago, Azortharion said:

Marksmanship.

Wow a 12 minute reply video lol I couldn't have asked for more :D thanks Azor! Keep up the good work! P.S. I made sure to sub to the channel didn't know you did youtube videos as well :P

Guest Barkus

Love the guide, thanks for putting it together.

I can't get the misdirection macro to work however. I have it copied exactly like you have put it:

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@focus,help,nodead]
[] Misdirection

When I try using it, it just says 'Misdirection' in chat. Any ideas?

Remove the [] part before Misdirection and remove all spaces so that the 2nd line reads

/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@focus,help,nodead]misdirection

Not sure how it got screwed up in the first place but I fixed it. Thanks.

Guest Armorphis

Hi Azo,

i have seen on your EN videos for hero and mythik, that you allways using for single target dps and during your opener (with Trueshot): 1x SW, 1x Marked, 3x Aimed, never be used barrage! Barrage only with +1 add, but never during only single target.

Of course it makes sense to follow up your single target rotations because of the artifact traits benefits wich makes your aimed shots much more stronger.

Maybe i have seen something wrong or misunderstood the MM mechanics, but in your guide you recomment to use barrage allways on CD, even during Trueshot.

Are there some rotation changes as soon as we have 20+ in our artifact traits, or why do you play a different style as you recomment?

I apologize in advance for this dumb question.  Sidewinders:  I understand that we do not want to have a stack of 2 SW, but WHEN do we prevent this?  As soon as we see 2, or do we somehow intuit when we are about to get a 2nd SW and then fire one off?  I say "intuit" because I have yet to see any indication on my bars when a 2nd one is coming.  Thanks in advance.

(I hesitate to query here because references about "...know the game..." are made, but I read Icy-Veins so that I can learn the game.  It is very helpful, as is Azortharians advice)

5 hours ago, Guest Armorphis said:

Hi Azo,

i have seen on your EN videos for hero and mythik, that you allways using for single target dps and during your opener (with Trueshot): 1x SW, 1x Marked, 3x Aimed, never be used barrage! Barrage only with +1 add, but never during only single target.

Of course it makes sense to follow up your single target rotations because of the artifact traits benefits wich makes your aimed shots much more stronger.

Maybe i have seen something wrong or misunderstood the MM mechanics, but in your guide you recomment to use barrage allways on CD, even during Trueshot.

Are there some rotation changes as soon as we have 20+ in our artifact traits, or why do you play a different style as you recomment?

You are watching ancient videos.