FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

Guys do you have seen the MM changes in 7.1.5? What do you think about them? I am so disappointed to see the Sidewinders vulnerable nerf and the PS redesigned. If the changes will be definitive we need to restudied our rotation because I think Sidewinders will not be so useful as it is now. I hope @Azortharion will post something about this bad news with some good advice to make this spec still usefull and competitive in myth+ and raid, but in my opinion we will lose a lot of damage overall, sidewinders or not :(

http://www.wowhead.com/news=257677/patch-7-1-5-ptr-build-23038-updates-micro-holidays-legendary-changes-class-chang

On 22.11.2016 at 3:43 AM, Guest who said:

btw, Blainie you're awesome, keep up the good work

Your thanks should definitely be directed to Azor. He's the one that puts in huge amounts of time to keep the Hunter community happy and pew-pewing!

Anyway, as for your question: I can't speak 100% for Azor, but he is very meticulous when it comes to testing. I would be very surprised if he had missed it, honestly. 

21 hours ago, Guest apexruckus said:

Could you sim the trinkets with the thrice-accursed-compass. 

I'll relay this to him and see if we can get it implemented. 

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Guys do you have seen the MM changes in 7.1.5? What do you think about them? I am so disappointed to see the Sidewinders vulnerable nerf and the PS redesigned. If the changes will be definitive we need to restudied our rotation because I think Sidewinders will not be so useful as it is now. I hope @Azortharion will post something about this bad news with some good advice to make this spec still usefull and competitive in myth+ and raid, but in my opinion we will lose a lot of damage overall, sidewinders or not :(

http://www.wowhead.com/news=257677/patch-7-1-5-ptr-build-23038-updates-micro-holidays-legendary-changes-class-chang

Regardless of what happens, I am sure that Azor will be ready to help anyone achieve the maximum results possible with his guides. Don't worry, he'll guide you to victory!

Guest no BIS list

Why is there still no best in slot list for hunters?

5 hours ago, Guest no BIS list said:

Why is there still no best in slot list for hunters?

Because BiS depends on what other stats you have from your other gear. and BiS from 895 titanforges with sockets are basically pointless to make since you'll get 1-2 max before next raid tier releases.

BiS list is as follows: What drops for you that pawn says is an upgrade and simming your own character after every new upgrade to get new pawn weights.

49 minutes ago, timoseewho said:

hey, question regarding SimulationCraft, how do i change the type of consumable (food) used for the simulation?

thanks

There is a line in the actions.precombat section that reads as such:

actions.precombat+=/food,type=fishbrul_special

You'll need to find/get the APL from somewhere if you just use the simc addon import (I go to import > default profile and get it from there) and you'll see the precombat actions.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 5:12 AM, TheBirdOfPrey said:

Because BiS depends on what other stats you have from your other gear. and BiS from 895 titanforges with sockets are basically pointless to make since you'll get 1-2 max before next raid tier releases.

BiS list is as follows: What drops for you that pawn says is an upgrade and simming your own character after every new upgrade to get new pawn weights.

Thanks for picking up that and question and helping out! :)

Guest Aarath

Also, I am curious how Pawn ranks trinkets. I currently have http://www.wowhead.com/item=134159&bonus=603:1512:3474 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=134203&bonus=605:1808:3473 with the 200 Agility gem socketed. Azor's Pawn ranks has these two ranked higher than any of the current base level mythic dungeon and mythic EN trinkets. Is it because they are stat sticks? I'm not smart at running sims or anything and am curious with what would I replace them with? I've passed on numerous trinkets because I'm not really sure where the ones I have are at in the damage rankings. I've never been one to put a random proc over flat stats. Any help would be cool.

Guest Smio

Thanks for the great guide guys. When I reach 35 points in artifact, whats best: stack AP or keep going for the .5%? Thanks for the great guide guys. When I reach 35 points in artifact, whats best: stack AP or keep going for the .5%?

On 12/6/2016 at 5:16 AM, Guest Aarath said:

In regards to War Belt of the Sentinel Army, would it be worth it to spec out of sidewinders? 

From the guide:

War Belt of the Sentinel Army Icon War Belt of the Sentinel Army causes each enemy hit by Multi-Shot Icon Multi-Shot and Sidewinders Icon Sidewinders to increase the damage done by the next Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot by 10%, stacking up to 20 times.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Guest Smio said:

Thanks for the great guide guys. When I reach 35 points in artifact, whats best: stack AP or keep going for the .5%? 

Given that 7.1.5 is due in the next month or so, I'd keep the AP. Never know what spec might come out on top.

So I downloaded SimC and simmed my character and such. Where do the results show the trinket damage?

Edited by Aarath

After doing some research, it looks like the closest comparison I have for my trinkets are the 860 Guarm Crit and 860 Guarm Mastery. Both are still better than mine, but it seems like my 850 and 840 aren't too bad. I at least have a better idea of what are considered upgrades. Thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, Aarath said:

So I downloaded SimC and simmed my character and such. Where do the results show the trinket damage?

You can change your equipped trinkets and see which one does more DPS.

Question: I know the guide says the ilevel > all else when it comes to relics, but is 5 ilevels higher really worth dropping Quickshot for a crappy trait? I'm loving my 2 minute Trueshot CD--losing that seems rough for 5 ilevels. Have an 865 with Quickshot from Ursoc vs. an 870 with some other trait (not one of the good ones).  Thoughts?

On 22.9.2016 at 3:31 AM, Blainie said:

Unfortunately, we can't tell you what you're doing wrong if we know absolutely nothing about what you are doing. I would suggest posting a log in our Hunter forum.

Here is a log of the last two raids. My char is Couup

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JbVDf1FANMH6aPY7#type=summary&boss=-2&source=16&start=0&end=11136644

Now my gs is about 870 but the dmg is still very poor.. 

question regarding the opener, is it actually good to be sitting on 2 stacks of Sidewinders while trying to drop focus with Barrage/AiS in the beginning?

On 12/17/2016 at 7:20 AM, timoseewho said:

question regarding the opener, is it actually good to be sitting on 2 stacks of Sidewinders while trying to drop focus with Barrage/AiS in the beginning?

Unless I am misunderstanding, you want as many Marked Shots during Trueshot as possible. So I would use Sidewinders as much as possible without capping focus during that period.

On 12/17/2016 at 1:20 PM, timoseewho said:

No. But it's better than the alternative.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 11:03 PM, Couup said:

Here is a log of the last two raids. My char is Couup

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JbVDf1FANMH6aPY7#type=summary&boss=-2&source=16&start=0&end=11136644

Now my gs is about 870 but the dmg is still very poor.. 

Just saw this, but as I said before, you should post this log in the Hunter Forums. This thread is specifically for feedback on the guide.