Damien

Arcane Mage 7.1.5

216 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

awesome new guides again :D

A minor bug is in the BIS - Trinket section, the graphics is broken

Yeah, it is. Should fix itself in the coming days :p

Quote of Viability in the Current Patch: " Arcane is currently weak relative to competitor specs. It handles pack-to-pack AoE very well, making it a great choice for dungeons, but lacks the sustained damage necessary to compete on boss encounters. "

This refers just for upcoming prepatch, right?

This is not a prediction for lvl 110 an artifact weapon?

"Although Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power lasts 15 seconds, you should not re-cast Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power after the first expires in order to cover all of Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power. " Arcane Power's duration is now only 10 seconds, so the last 2 sentences in  "2.5 Rune of Power" aren't neccessary :D

4 minutes ago, Guest Ruesan said:

"Although Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power lasts 15 seconds, you should not re-cast Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power after the first expires in order to cover all of Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power. " Arcane Power's duration is now only 10 seconds, so the last 2 sentences in  "2.5 Rune of Power" aren't neccessary :D

That's been edited out, based off of Artifact stuff (which extends AP a little).

5 hours ago, checkmate said:

Quote of Viability in the Current Patch: " Arcane is currently weak relative to competitor specs. It handles pack-to-pack AoE very well, making it a great choice for dungeons, but lacks the sustained damage necessary to compete on boss encounters. "

This refers just for upcoming prepatch, right?

This is not a prediction for lvl 110 an artifact weapon?

It applies to both, actually, though Fire is stronger in dungeons.

It is not possible the maintain a stable Mana pool by casting spells at 4 Arcane Charge Icon Arcane Charges

I just did this while stacking the quickening talent to 100 stacks and regen mana back up to 100%

they fucked up arcane we dont even have a bigg damage increase now thanks blizzard 

and where is int buff

Haste doesn't increase manaregeneration anymore!
Therefore I think haste became our worst stat except for really short fights with huge burst.

1 person likes this

Ok so i posted this in other forums and started my own topic too but will ask here as well. Did they nerf the gear cause I went from 70% Mastery to 31% mastery overnight with at least a 15k dps loss down to 25-30k. I've posted this on WoW forums, Facebook friends and asked trade chat all with either bullshit answers or nothing. Patch notes don't say anything about gear nerfing but with 6 weeks left till expac I cant believe they would nerf your stats so soon.

Any answers here??

Or at least noticing the same loss??

@Lily is right, Haste doesn't affect mana regeneration anymore. And because Arcane causes direct damage (i.e. no DOTs), the only effect Haste provides are shorter cast times. Allow me to present two compelling arguments against Haste. 1: Realistically, a 5% or 10% improvement in cast time is likely to go unnoticed, as it will always be affected by network latency. 2: Mana regeneration is now affected by Mastery, not Haste. Increasing Haste allows you to burn through Mana quicker, without the added effect of speeding up the regen rate.

On the other hand, a 5% or 10% increase in Critical Strike makes a huge difference, and a crit strike is extra 100% of damage for the price of one, effectively conserving your Mana. Therefore I'd advocate for moving Haste to #4 in the list, and making Critical Strike #3 instead.

Edited by Grayffin
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Tigersharrk said:

Ok so i posted this in other forums and started my own topic too but will ask here as well. Did they nerf the gear cause I went from 70% Mastery to 31% mastery overnight with at least a 15k dps loss down to 25-30k. I've posted this on WoW forums, Facebook friends and asked trade chat all with either bullshit answers or nothing. Patch notes don't say anything about gear nerfing but with 6 weeks left till expac I cant believe they would nerf your stats so soon.

Any answers here??

Or at least noticing the same loss??

Mastery values per 1% are different for every class. Presumably when they updated  the Mastery they also changed your baseline Mastery value. In addition, they could have changed how much Mastery amounts to 1%.

What about the rotation with PoF ? I think it is the same as with the t18 prioritzing AM ...

Words of PowerWords of Power must be a joke? ;-) ... Only ONE percent per each not used Mana - that feels like almost nothing, esp. if you are burning right now. For max. Opening-Burst, Presence of MindPresence of Mind should be a nice option ... but I guess, that Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar is even serious choice, not because of slighly extra-DpS, but because of 10 % more mana-pool.

Especially in longer fights at HfC mythic, I got oom yesterday in the heat of the fight ... so today I will give my Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar a chance ... ;)

Cheers

ChessLion

@Furty, thats what i figured happened but it would have been nice of Blizz to give a heads up; we are nerfing the stat values on current gear please dont be surprised. 

3 hours ago, Guest T15-Talent!? said:

Words of PowerWords of Power must be a joke? ;-) ... Only ONE percent per each not used Mana - that feels like almost nothing, esp. if you are burning right now. For max. Opening-Burst, Presence of MindPresence of Mind should be a nice option ... but I guess, that Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar is even serious choice, not because of slighly extra-DpS, but because of 10 % more mana-pool.

Especially in longer fights at HfC mythic, I got oom yesterday in the heat of the fight ... so today I will give my Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar a chance ... ;)

Cheers

ChessLion

Yeah, it's a pretty underwhelming talent :( It is best if you play optimally though. All 3 of those talents are fairly weak and close in DPS value, so feel free to experiment. I find Words to be the best for longer encounters, whereas Presence of Mind tends to dominate burst focused encounters.

Hi, I have some questions and hopefully you guys can help me. Here is my armory profile http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackhand/Petrosian/advanced

First of all, I am really confused about this burn and conserve phases. I never played arcane before and I know that on live servers arcane sucks hard. But it is the pre-patch and with 110 and artifact weapon arcane will hopefully be competetive again.

So this is the way I understand it after spending 2hours on the dummie:

After pull I use charged up, then rune of power and then arcane power and spam arcane blast and missiles until rune of power ends.

Then I use my second rune of power and continue to spam arcane blast and missiles until I am oom.

Now I evocate up to full mana and now the pain begins, because arcane mastery sucks on live servers. In conserve phase my goal is to stay as close to 100% mana as possible and wait for my arcane power to no longer be on cooldown.

With my actual gear, to stay close to 100% mana I can maybe build up to 2 arcane charges then arcane barrage and so on.

Is this correct?

If not, another idea I had would be: After 1st rune of power to immediately go into conserve, wait for a trinket/weapon procc and then go for 2nd rune and spam blasts / missiles.

And another question: In section "2.3. Truncating Arcane Missiles" you recommend the gnosis-addon. I installed it, but it feels weird to me.

Does a macro like /cast [nochanneling] arcane blast do the same job like gnosis so that I can continue using my quartz-castbar-addon?

Edited by checkmate
1 person likes this

On 7/23/2016 at 6:59 AM, checkmate said:

Hi, I have some questions and hopefully you guys can help me. Here is my armory profile http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackhand/Petrosian/advanced

First of all, I am really confused about this burn and conserve phases. I never played arcane before and I know that on live servers arcane sucks hard. But it is the pre-patch and with 110 and artifact weapon arcane will hopefully be competetive again.

So this is the way I understand it after spending 2hours on the dummie:

After pull I use charged up, then rune of power and then arcane power and spam arcane blast and missiles until rune of power ends.

Then I use my second rune of power and continue to spam arcane blast and missiles until I am oom.

Now I evocate up to full mana and now the pain begins, because arcane mastery sucks on live servers. In conserve phase my goal is to stay as close to 100% mana as possible and wait for my arcane power to no longer be on cooldown.

With my actual gear, to stay close to 100% mana I can maybe build up to 2 arcane charges then arcane barrage and so on.

Is this correct?

If not, another idea I had would be: After 1st rune of power to immediately go into conserve, wait for a trinket/weapon procc and then go for 2nd rune and spam blasts / missiles.

And another question: In section "2.3. Truncating Arcane Missiles" you recommend the gnosis-addon. I installed it, but it feels weird to me.

Does a macro like /cast [nochanneling] arcane blast do the same job like gnosis so that I can continue using my quartz-castbar-addon?

You don't have to stay at 100% mana in conserve; you need just enough Mana in the tank that you can do a full Arcane Power for your burn. I think I touched on this somewhere in the guide, but nochannel macros are frowned upon as they induce a bit of delay, which causes you to lose a lot of globals over the course of a boss fight.

16 hours ago, Guest Jdonger said:

Where is arcane intellect ?

Most buffs have been removed from the game.

So I don't get the guide. How does the new stat priority fit the 4pc tier 18 gear??

almost all gear in HFC has mastery and haste for arcane. If I use that I'm through my mana bar Twice in now time. And then what? Waiting till evocation is up? Again?

If I equip the tome it's even worse.

the only thing that works for me atm is arcane explosion. It's the only thing you can do damage that actually matters. So spamming that in the middle of bunch of ads is the biggest dmg atm.

if there's only one boss I just chill and try not to die from mechanics.

I am no expert on the mage, and especially on arcane.

Regarding your question to the rotation: Maybe my post from 23rd of July and Furtys answer  can help you.

1. Class Overview
"solid sustained damage on single target encounters"

4. Weaknesses
"Weak single-target sustained damage"

Wha?

1 person likes this

On 8/14/2016 at 2:09 AM, IVaccount said:

Will it be ok to raid as Arcane, or will Fire just be better?

Fire is superior in every respect, currently.

1 person likes this

If fire is soo superior how is it then that I end up on top of damage meters (and dps) with arcane?

start to think that you guys didn't play arcane for quite some time.

its not only this guide. Paladin sucked as well till the community forced you to change it. Idk about the other guides, since I don't play them.

thx for the effort (copy/paste and so) but no thx

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      7.2 has arrived on the PTR, just days after Nighthold's opening and we already have the patch notes for this first build. Demon Assaults aka Broken Isles invasions, Pet battle dungeons, transmog sets, tab targeting improvements, 860 ilevel WQs, Arcway, CoS, Upper and Lower Karazhan added to Dungeon Finder, archaeology elite digsites and AP gains and more.

You can also check out our early preview of the build, with the invasions, Tomb dungeon journal, Cathedral of Night dungeon, and more.
      Blizzard
      Patch 7.2 is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms (PTR). Participating on the Public Test Realms allows you to test a patch before it is released on live realms. Once you've had a chance to try things out, visit our PTR Discussion 7.2 forum to discuss the patch. To report issues or errors, use the in-game Submit Bug feature (found under Game Menu -> Help -> Submit Bug) or by visiting the PTR Bug Report 7.2 forum.

More features are coming! New information for 7.2 features that are still in-development will be added soon. Please keep in mind that the notes below are not final, and details may be subject to change before the release of Patch 7.2. Not all content listed in the PTR Patch Notes may be available for testing. Content may have a limited test window.
      New Features

Demon Assaults
      The Burning Legion is assaulting Azeroth with renewed determination. Look for Broken Isles zones to come under attack, fight to drive the Legion back, and defend the lands of your new allies.

Pet Battle Dungeon
      Something nefarious is going on in the world of pet battles, and it’s up to you to look into it. If you have at least one level 25 battle pet, speak to Breanni in Dalaran to get directions to this new scenario.

Updated Features

Transmogrification Sets
      A new ‘Sets’ tab in the Appearances UI is where you’ll find this new way of tracking item sets from previous Raids, PvP Seasons, and more.

Class Combat Updates
      The launch of Legion included many updates to class animations, sounds, and spell effects. These will continue in Patch 7.2 with updates to Hunters, Death Knights, and Balance Druids. More are on the way!

Legion Reputation Updates
      Reputation earned beyond Exalted will now contribute towards earning additional rewards from Broken Isles faction emissaries.

Tab Targeting
      In Patch 7.2, tab targeting should feel more natural. While in combat, you will no longer be able to accidentally tab to a target that is out of combat with you. Furthermore, you’re no longer able to tab to a target that neither your character nor your camera can see. This is very much a work-in-progress, and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Professions The Obliterum Forge should now always be available to players, and requires no questline. All item level 815 crafted end-game gear will now be crafted at item level 835. All existing items between item levels 815-830 will retain their existing item level. The first application of Obliterum will bring them up to 840, and the Obliterum cap has been increased to iLvl 875. Some World Quests that are related to Professions now reward 1 skill point in their associated Profession. Archaeology You can now get Artifact Power from Archaeology. New Elite digsites have been discovered in the Broken Isles. All enemies summoned by Archaeology can now be killed by multiple nearby players. Cooking Nomi now provides Prepared Ingredients as part of his work orders, which can be combined to create up to 10 servings of a random recipe known by the player.
      User Interface You can now assign a specialization to an equipment set in the Equipment Manager. An “Open All” button has been added to the mailbox. You can now preview an ensemble set by CTRL-clicking it. Spellbook Spells that haven’t been moved to an action bar are highlighted in the spellbook. Mousing over a spell highlights it on your action bar, making it easier to locate. Pet spells can now be dragged onto the player action bar. Quick Join Auto Accept: A setting has been added to allow friends and guild members to instantly join your queues without a confirmation. This setting is located in Interface Options -> Social. Group tooltips now show the available roles and if auto accept is enabled. Right click a Quick Join group to whisper a member of that group.
      Changes

Dungeons and Raids Enemies’ damage and health have been increased for all Heroic and Mythic dungeons, and the item levels of gear found in Legion Dungeons has been increased. All Random Heroic dungeons now requires 825 item level to queue. Lower Karazhan and Upper Karazhan have been added to the Random Legion Heroic list in Dungeon Finder. The Arcway and Court of Stars have been added to the Random Legion Heroic list in Dungeon Finder.
      Items Set tokens for all raids from Serpentshrine to Siege of Orgrimmar have been updated to provide loot for your spec on right-click, in the same manner as newer raid set tokens. The vendor functionality of these items has not been changed.
      Classes Warrior Charge (and Intercept) now deals damage on arrival, and its snare begins after you hit your target.
      World Quests Broken Isles World Quest rewards now scale to item level 860 (was item level 845).
      We’ll outline many more changes and additions to the World of Warcraft Patch 7.2 PTR in the coming weeks.

Lore (source)
      Welcome to the Patch 7.2 PTR! As we’re just getting our 7.2 public test phase underway, we’d like to give you some context into what you’ll see (and won’t see) in this first build.
      Most of Patch 7.2’s major content isn’t enabled in this build – that’ll be coming in a few weeks. Our primary testing focus for this build will be Demon Assaults, as well as general game stability (e.g. crashes). 7.2’s Pet Battle Dungeon should also be available for testing.
      There’s a few other things of note that are enabled for initial testing in this build, but be aware that many of them are still heavily under development:
      Transmog Item Sets: This is an update to the Transmogrification System that tracks the progress and collections of Raid and PVP item sets, and we’d love your feedback on it. Tab targeting improvements: We’re hard at work making some improvements to this feature, and have a few updates in this build that should make tab targeting feel more natural. Please let us know what you think! Some updated visual effects for Hunters, Death Knights, and Balance Druids: This is still very much in a work-in-progress state, but we’re making a few improvements to the look and feel of these classes, and want to hear your feedback.
      You may also start to see some bits and pieces of an improvement we’re making to PvP gearing in 7.2 through the Obliterum Forge (which will no longer require completing a quest chain to unlock). The intent of this system is to allow players who have received multiple pieces of unwanted gear to exchange them for a piece of their choosing. It’s not yet ready for testing, but it’s on the way.
    • By Stan
      The initial build of Patch 7.2 has been deployed to test realms. Here's a first overview.
      Patch Notes
      @Starym's post contains the early Patch Notes and you can read them here. New Spell Animations
      Death Knights, Balance Druids and Hunters have received spell updates. New Affixes
      A new affix called Bursting was added. When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 20% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks. Crafted Gear
      Obliterum item level cap was raised to 875 and all crafted items have had their item level increased to 835. Legon Invasions
      During invasions, world quests are replaced by invasion quests. The entire zone will be under attack. Quests completed beyond Exalted yield additional emissary rewards (via Paragon).
      There are multiple invasion quests available per invasion zone.

Tomb of Sargeras Raid
      Nine bosses are at the moment present in the journal. There is no loot information available right now.

Kil'jaeden's Model is currently not available, but we were able to see it during the BlizzCon slideshow.
      Cathedral of Eternal Night Dungeon
      Is a four-boss dungeon that requires attunement, currently available on Heroic / Mythic difficulty.

Karazhan
      Has been split into two, lower / upper Karazhan and can be now accessed via Dungeon Finder.
      Dungeon Item Level Update
      The item level of normal dungeons has been increased to 825+. The item level of heroic dungeons has been increased to 845+ The item level of Mythic dungeons has been increased to 865+. New Mounts
      The initial build also contains some of the new class mounts and they seem to have different color variations based on spec. New PvP mounts were added as well.
      The worm will drop in the Tomb of Sargeras.

Death Knight

Demon Hunter

Druid

Hunter

Mage

Monk

Priest

Paladin

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

Warrior

• By Stan
      Patch 7.2 is underway, hitting test servers today. The patch was previewed in more detail at BlizzCon 2016. It contains flying, the Tomb of Sargeras, custom flying mounts for every class, the Armies of Legionfall faction, Artifact updates and more!
      We don't expect all the content to be available immediately at PTR launch.
      Placeholder for tweet 822186409704329216 Placeholder for tweet 822187455063261185 Patch 7.2 Recap
      Flying is coming back! You'll have to complete the Legion Pathfinder achievement, revolving around outdoor gameplay. You'll need to reach Exalted with the new Legionfall rep. At the end of the Broken Shore experience, every class will get a custom class flying mount! Class Order Halls continues. The Tomb of Sargeras The Eye of Aman'thul is the fifth pillar of creation that awaits us in the Nighthold and we'll put them to use. We'll fight the Avatar of Sargeras and Kil'jaeden. Restoring and building elven ruins to create a foothold (similar to Isle of Quel'danas Patch 2.4) will be introduced when we'll be building our way up to the Tomb. Armies of Legionfall faction is introduced. Alliance & the Horde side to bring down a common foe. New World Quests Legion Assaults (similar to demon invasions) Will disable all world quests in a specific area, the sky will turn dark. Cathedral of Eternal Night (Dungeon) is coming, available in all difficulties. PvP in 7.2
      PvP Brawls (inspired by brawls in Hearthstone and Overwatch). Adds variations to custom battleground rulesets. Southshore vs. Tarrel Mill is back. 15 vs 15 player arenas are coming. Winter Arathi Basin Low visibility twist. Mounted combat is likely to happen (Ion mentions all players on rats while fighting) Artifact Updates in 7.2
      15 new points to spent to empower your weapon. You can spend a fourth point  in existing trait. New gold trait coming. New ways to upgrade your weapon A new three-pointer. Relics that will modify more than one trait will be available. There's a continuation  of the questline A new hidden appearance for all Artifacts will be added . Requires proving class trials. Guardian Druids are getting an awesome looking bear form! Dungeon Content in 7.2
      Tomb of Sargeras raid will be added. Baseline Heroic/Mythic adjustments Across the board the difficulty and rewards of existing dungeons will be increased to stay relevant. Upper & Lower Karazhan (available in Heroic & Mythic difficultties). New affixes (Imagine all mobs being a blood of Il'gynoth). Legion End Content
      To put an end to the Legion once and for all, we'll have to venture to Argus. More details will be announced soon™.
    • By Stan
      With Patch 7.1.5 live, you may have noticed an increased drop-rate of Curious Coins. Aerythlea confirmed that in a blue post.
      Aerythlea
      I'll pull this one out of stealth, the drop-rate of Curious Coins was indeed increased with 7.1.5.
      (Source)
      What Items Can You Get?
      Xur'ios in Dalaran offers different items every day. If you want a specific item, you need to regularly pay him a visit. The items he sells are
      Arcadian War Turtle Boon of the Nether Formula: Soul Fibril Gjallar's "Horn" Ingram's Puzzle Krota's Shield Mote of Light Recipe: Flamespike Recipe: Leather Love Seat Schematic: Mecha-Bond Imprint Matrix Technique: Straszan Mark Arcadian War Turtle
      Costs 150 Curious Coins.
      Side

Back

• By mxyates
      So I love this brawlers guild and have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge up until meatball. Now I'm just bitter. I'm a frost mage but I also tried arcane and I can't touch this guy. Ive tried any and ever strategy and buff I'm able to afford and haven't even got him under 50% yet. I'm 865 so I feel like it should be possible I didn't think my gear would be a problem until rank six honestly. So any advice or help or tips or whatever I'm desperate.