FORUMS
Damien

Fire Mage 7.3

22 minutes ago, Guest cpljaide said:

Hey Guys,

what do you think about the Stat Versatility on FireMage? I found 3 ilvl 870 items with CRIT/Versatility this day, but i lose some CRIT and Mastery for Versatility (other items ~845-850)...

Would you wear the 870s for Staminy/Int and dont care about 2nd Stat Versatlity if u dont lose too much Crit? :S It feels frustrating to use 845 just for Mastery and maybe ~60 Crit when u can have 870...

:)

For single target, Vers is better than Mastery. With so many places where you do get to cleave though, and it still being strong on single target, Mastery does become better in real terms.

What exactly are the items?

Guest Jive

I know you list Mastery as a 0.76 stat weight, but increasing dramatically as number of mobs increases, do you happen to have the stat weight number per number of mobs up to the point it surpasses Crit?

For example:

1 mob: 0.76

2 mobs: X

3 mobs; Y

etc...

7 hours ago, Guest Jive said:

I know you list Mastery as a 0.76 stat weight, but increasing dramatically as number of mobs increases, do you happen to have the stat weight number per number of mobs up to the point it surpasses Crit?

Remember that the weights listed in the guide are NOT wrong compared to the ones I am about to post, but they are general weights. I am using the T19H standard profile for Fire Mage from SimC to show this. It will show different weights to Furty, as well as different weights to what you require. Take it with a grain of salt.

1 target: Mastery sits at 0.88 / Crit at 1.18

2 targets: Mastery sits at 1.29 / Crit at 1.25

3 targets: Mastery sits at 1.46 / Crit at 1.27

Hello, thanks again for this awesome guide, I never played fire before Legion, but I love this spe !!

I have a little problem with the use of PF in my Combustion, the gcd is just too long and I don't have time to cast a second PF before the end of my Combustion (~9 or 10% haste atm)

I changed my sequence a little bit, what do you think about it, is it worth the change?

• fireball until heating up
  • stopcast and PF for hot streak
  • RoP + combustion at the end of the cast
  • pyro
  • fireblast
  • pyro
  • fireblast
  • flame on
  • pyro
  • fireblast
  • pyro
  • fireblast
  • pyro
  • PF
  • pyro
  • pyro whenever pyomaniac proc

It seems to me that I can cast one or two more pyro before the end of Combustion with this sequence and I can fully use my RoP.

Edited by Enfo

6 hours ago, Enfo said:

I have a little problem with the use of PF in my Combustion, the gcd is just too long and I don't have time to cast a second PF before the end of my Combustion (~9 or 10% haste atm)

Can you show me a log/video of you doing the opener suggested? Are you using Fire Blast properly during it?

Thanks for your help :) Your message gave me an idea -> I went pishing some informations and saw multiple videos on youtube on this sequence and come to a conclusion :

my problem is not PF but fireblast ^^ Indeed, I don't use it properly as I don't cast the FB-pyro quickly enough. + the fact that PF has a travel time and I'm too far from my target.

I'll work on this ^^

Do you use any macro to help you?

Guest Domismash

Hi, once again many thanks for the great guide, and taking the time to answer questions!
Im looking at neck enchant where the guide recommends mark of the claw, while on other guides such as the one on icy veins they recommend hidden satyr or distant army, thoughts?

12 hours ago, Enfo said:

Thanks for your help :) Your message gave me an idea -> I went pishing some informations and saw multiple videos on youtube on this sequence and come to a conclusion :

my problem is not PF but fireblast ^^ Indeed, I don't use it properly as I don't cast the FB-pyro quickly enough. + the fact that PF has a travel time and I'm too far from my target.

I'll work on this ^^

Do you use any macro to help you?

Good luck with learning it and perfecting it!

I don't use a macro no, I just keep my keybinds close together :)

9 hours ago, Guest Domismash said:

Hi, once again many thanks for the great guide, and taking the time to answer questions!
Im looking at neck enchant where the guide recommends mark of the claw, while on other guides such as the one on icy veins they recommend hidden satyr or distant army, thoughts?

Will look into this and check if it is an error.

Hello, I was looking for some tips on Unstable Magic. I tried it and was really dissappointed :

calculation -> 50% of FB dps with 25% chance of proc = 12.5% more dps with FB

but FB represents only 10% of my dps, which means UM = + 1.25% DPS (and by practicing it I can tell you it's about that)

Is that really so usefull on single target?? As I see it, most of boss fight are with adds, so LB seems a better talent to me?

Any thought about this?

UM was nerfed compared to WoD and feels pretty underwhelming now compared to before. I have noticed as well in my logs that it represents very little of my total damage.

I'd use it only on pure ST fights like Nythendra and Ursoc, since it's a DPS loss to cast Living Bomb on one target only. You could also use it in Emerald Dragons, if you start on the side without adds, and perhaps even Xavius, since you can really benefit from LB only on the last phase which represents only 1/3 of the total fight.

Definitely take LB for all kinds of dungeons (normal, heroic, mythic, mythic+).

Guest GenghisConn
On 9/26/2016 at 11:38 PM, Enfo said:

• fireball until heating up
  • stopcast and PF for hot streak
  • RoP + combustion at the end of the cast
  • pyro

LPT:   If the last Fireball cast is more than 50% complete, I've found it's better to precast PF instead of stopcast, then PF.  When you precast PF during a Fireball, the PF hits the target first 95% of the time.  This is assuming your ping is <100 and you are at a high enough range for your Fireball to be >50% cast when Heating Up procs.  This way you aren't wasting a global on the canceled Fireball.

If you're a potato with poor reaction times or raid awareness, this obviously won't be viable. =)

Thanks for grabbing that and giving some more advice Genghis :)

4 hours ago, Enfo said:

Hello, well in fact I'm a cucumber so I think this should be ok :p

Thanks for the tip ^^

We're all cucumbers at some point!

Guest Hakuna matata

Hi, what build would you strongly recommend for Mythic+ dungeoning?

The general use build in our guide, with the exception of RoP instead of IF, should be fine. Kindling might be worth taking for higher Mythic+ levels (6-7+), but I think that's a matter of personal preference.

Guest Hakuna matata

Thank You, Zadina. For raiding I know what to do, but I'm unsure how the rotation works in mythic+ when you have to deal with many dangerous mob packs. I do know that you should not save combustion for the boss and use it on trashpacks. But then there is the matter of Kindling vs Cinderstorm. Kindling will probably work the same way as you treat a raid, lining up your cd's for that moment. My question is what the best rotation or key factors to maximize damage with cinderstorm when combustion is on cooldown.

Using Combustion in trash packs is indeed good, if you want to be competitive in the damage meters and help your party by pushing more damage. Just make sure it's back for a boss.

Now, for Kindling vs Cinderstorm, I think it's a matter of personal preference. I've seen logs with good results for both of them. Like I said, Kindling might be worth taking after Mythic+ 6 since the bosses have enough hp and you can use it a second time.

Other than that, use LB and Cinderstorm (if you take it) on cooldown and do normal single target rotation. I use Dragons Breath at 3+ and Flamestrike on 5+ mobs. You should also use your RoP similarly to your Combustion (and since it has a smaller CD, you can use it more often): use it on trash packs and make sure you have at least one charge for the boss

On 9/30/2016 at 3:28 PM, Guest Hakuna matata said:

Thank You, Zadina. For raiding I know what to do, but I'm unsure how the rotation works in mythic+ when you have to deal with many dangerous mob packs. I do know that you should not save combustion for the boss and use it on trashpacks. But then there is the matter of Kindling vs Cinderstorm. Kindling will probably work the same way as you treat a raid, lining up your cd's for that moment. My question is what the best rotation or key factors to maximize damage with cinderstorm when combustion is on cooldown.

Just wanted to add:

If you're to get the full 10 seconds of effect of Combustion, pop it. With how long M+ dungeons are, you want to get as many combustions as possible out. Given the long timer, if you wait 10 seconds after every combustion, over a 35 minute dungeon you're looking at missing out on at least 1 full combustion cooldown assuming you aren't even using Kindling.

It can really add up and honestly harm your damage a fair amount. If there's a serious priority target about to come up, either ask your tank to chain pull if he can, if not, wait. Bosses normally aren't waiting for unless you're going to Hero/Bloodlust with your combustion.

Guest Hakuna matata

Zadina & Blainie, thank you both very much. That was exactly the information I was looking for. the guide on this forum is good and your feedback is good food for thought for advanced fire mages who want to be effective and competitive. i would like to ask what percentage of crit would be decent when going into mythic +3 and beyond? I am currently on 52% and feel it is a bit lacking since sometimes i have to cast 4 fireballs before i get a crit.

4 minutes ago, Guest Hakuna matata said:

Zadina & Blainie, thank you both very much. That was exactly the information I was looking for. the guide on this forum is good and your feedback is good food for thought for advanced fire mages who want to be effective and competitive. i would like to ask what percentage of crit would be decent when going into mythic +3 and beyond? I am currently on 52% and feel it is a bit lacking since sometimes i have to cast 4 fireballs before i get a crit.

There isn't really a stat number you can push for currently. Just keep getting crit on absolutely everything you can. Once we hit Nighthold, you might see people moving to other stats, but for now, just crit, crit and crit.

With a spec that relies on crit, you'll always see those periods of RNG being bad to you unfortunately.

Guest Zlimex

Hey, I have a question for you. I have always been using Pyromaniac and been thinking that's the best talent, but I noticed every high-end fire mage player is using Conflagration. I litteraly went through the top 10 highest geared mages, where many of them have done 7/7 mythic EN, and all were using Conflagration. At what point does Pyromaniac actually become superior?

I also saw many of them using Cinderstorm. Can Cinderstorm be better than Kindling on a bossfight, even though you get more than 1 Combustion off?

Guest Frozenpre

Hello together, 

I got a question about kindling and wriggled sinew. Is it better to use cinderstorm with the trinket because then combustion lines perfectly? 

If I continue using kindling, should I wait for combustion and lose nearly 1 minute trinket uptime or use the trinket on cooldown?

5 hours ago, Guest Zlimex said:

Hey, I have a question for you. I have always been using Pyromaniac and been thinking that's the best talent, but I noticed every high-end fire mage player is using Conflagration. I litteraly went through the top 10 highest geared mages, where many of them have done 7/7 mythic EN, and all were using Conflagration. At what point does Pyromaniac actually become superior?

What do you mean by using it? Are you trying to check their armoury for talents?

Conflagration wins on any AoE scenario as well as being better with lower gear. Pyromaniac works well for ST.

5 hours ago, Guest Zlimex said:

I also saw many of them using Cinderstorm. Can Cinderstorm be better than Kindling on a bossfight, even though you get more than 1 Combustion off?

Yes, assuming you can cleave with the Cinderstorm.

4 hours ago, Guest Frozenpre said:

Hello together, 

I got a question about kindling and wriggled sinew. Is it better to use cinderstorm with the trinket because then combustion lines perfectly? 

If I continue using kindling, should I wait for combustion and lose nearly 1 minute trinket uptime or use the trinket on cooldown?

Use it on CD, unless you're about to hero/bloodlust.