FORUMS
Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.3

I'm noticing the Stone of Elements can no longer be upgraded. With this making it sit at 715 - Do you think the 725 Skull of War will be better suited with the BoA on Demon fights?

32 minutes ago, Progression said:

I'm noticing the Stone of Elements can no longer be upgraded. With this making it sit at 715 - Do you think the 725 Skull of War will be better suited with the BoA on Demon fights?

Not that I've seen from sims, but perhaps practical logs will tell a different story today and tomorrow as the first guilds step back into HFC. Stone of Elements is definitely a little better than Skull though just due to the high uptime and roughly equal ICD as Exsang.

Guest Evium

What about Pandemic on Garrote and Hemmorage ? Am I supposed to refresh them 30% or less of their duration or ?

Guest ACactus

Agonizing poison is 6.6% stacking 4 times not 4% I'm not sure if that changes anything

22 hours ago, Guest Evium said:

What about Pandemic on Garrote and Hemmorage ? Am I supposed to refresh them 30% or less of their duration or ?

Yep!

Guest sidesswipe

thanks for all the great tips,

I was curious as the guide here was saying to stack versatility but if I look on Mr. Robot, it is saying to stack Mastery and enchant for that.

Just a bit confused before I go spend tons of money on enchants for my gear. 

Thanks for any help

Ask Mr Robot might not be up to date. Vers is the best stat right now (on 7.0, the Legion pre-patch) by a decently significant margin

Hello guys,

I have a question regarding the stat priority.

How is versatility stronger than crit?

you get 0.91% CRit per 100 crit rating and 0.77% versatility per 100 versatility rating. This results in a flat 0.91% dmg increase (disregarding the benefits of more combopoints, just the flat double damage bonus) for crit and 0,77% dmg bonus for versatility without further bonuses. Am I missing something? Did my testing result in wrong Percent-per-Rating-Values?

Thanks for any help.

And of course, thank you very much for your effort with this guide. Good Job!

My understanding is that once we strike mobs under 35% - the value of critical strike goes drastically down; whereas, vers will continue holding its value for the whole duration of the fight.

Guest uidzro

In the opener at 6 cp we use vanish, then cast rapture.  I am noticing rapture drops a lot faster after even though I cast it with 6 cp. any idea why?

Exsanguinate makes your bleeds tick extraordinarily fast, and need to be refreshed asap

8 hours ago, Progression said:

My understanding is that once we strike mobs under 35% - the value of critical strike goes drastically down; whereas, vers will continue holding its value for the whole duration of the fight.

Ah okay. Do you know what causes this? Does any spell atm have some kind of execute mechanic with automated crit or something like that? It would be really interesting to know. Thank you very much for your answer!

EDIT: I found the missing piece. It's the T18 Set Bonus, that gives Rupture (our now main damage component) a 30% additional crit chance for targets under 35% health. Does that also mean, that when we drop our T18 for Legion gear crit will pull ahead off v ersatility? The SImcraft mentions, that its tested with T18.

Edit of EDIT: @furty: could you please update in the guide that this stat priority only holds true as long as we have two pieces or more of felblade armor? once we drop it in legion for other items, crit will be stronger again.

Edited by feiz

4 hours ago, feiz said:

Edit of EDIT: @furty: could you please update in the guide that this stat priority only holds true as long as we have two pieces or more of felblade armor? once we drop it in legion for other items, crit will be stronger again.

The guides will all be updated when Legion is out, to reflect changes such as Artifact weapons, perks, and new stat priorities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

The guides will all be updated when Legion is out, to reflect changes such as Artifact weapons, perks, and new stat priorities.

I did not know that. Thank you very much for clarification.

I re-thought about an opener that I heard on a stream of Furty. (Don't know who was talking tho - might've been noxe?)

The idea is to open up with Garrote followed up with a Hemorrhage and a 2CP Rupture (so we can snapshot that later on). Spam your way up to 6CPs, vendetta (in legion much better to do AFTER Mutilate spam due to artifact trait), vanish and snapshot rupture for an even longer duration. Then just use Exsanguinate. That should do a lot more dmg, right? 

3 hours ago, Dexter said:

I re-thought about an opener that I heard on a stream of Furty. (Don't know who was talking tho - might've been noxe?)

The idea is to open up with Garrote followed up with a Hemorrhage and a 2CP Rupture (so we can snapshot that later on). Spam your way up to 6CPs, vendetta (in legion much better to do AFTER Mutilate spam due to artifact trait), vanish and snapshot rupture for an even longer duration. Then just use Exsanguinate. That should do a lot more dmg, right? 

From the sounds of it, it's not a bad idea. I have 2 theories about it though:

1) With the Ring and such regularly being popped on the pull it's probably more beneficial to get Vendetta up asap

2) We have a pretty high amount of Energy regen right now due to gear level, but come Legion this will no longer be the case. Having an earlier second bleed up will probably therefore be more beneficial, in order to grant more energy through Venom Rush.

The difference is probably very slim, but for the time being I'd probably recommend continuing with the opener listed in the guide unless math shows otherwise.

Guest Xouls
On 23.7.2016 at 6:43 PM, Dexter said:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CpZ6yPtcRHYD8TmM#type=casts&fight=27&start=5398830&end=5418429&source=35&view=timeline

That's what you are talking about.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:43 PM, Dexter said:

5 hours ago, Guest Xouls said:

Yeah, this is the opener we were referring to. It's not a huge difference but the pandemic gain on Rupture is helpful. You do want to Vendetta pretty early though as there isn't a whole lot of benefit to sitting on it through your Muts (and you want to make it is active for all of Maalus - if you wait to long you'll lose uptime during ring). Going to update it into the guide in my next round of changes as well as a notation that 5-6CP Rupture is currently better than 6CP Rupture (to avoid CP overflow from Mut). 

4 hours ago, Furty said:

Going to update it into the guide in my next round of changes as well as a notation that 5-6CP Rupture is currently better than 6CP Rupture (to avoid CP overflow from Mut). 

Noted, thanks Furty

Guest Guest

Will Master poisoner be at all competitive, or even viable in legion? Seems very odd that they give the mastery bonus to poisons, center the artifact weapon around poisons, make the majority of our end game gear give mastery to some extent, and then balance the talents on hemo/exang. Not disagreeing with the talent guide right now, its painfully obvious that we only have one real route to go in this regard, but I am kinda bummed with the changes so far. I didnt want to spend this spec being a melee aff lock, ya know?

Guest Guest
On 7/19/2016 at 4:28 PM, Progression said:

Confirming this is not the case. I crafted a stone of the elements sometime last week, and presumably saw what you saw, i.e. 715 with no possibility for valor upgrade. I logged in the next day and I was suddenly able to roll it to 725. I am not sure how the legion trinket ranks, but I have the Infallible tracking charm (715) and Stone of the elements at (725) equipped. Using this guide as reference i can dump about 70k dps over the course of a heroic Archie fight. Im only 718 ilvl. I think the tracking charm can proc off of bleed/poison tics as well, but cant quite confirm yet through all the choas of that fight. Interestingly enough, leeching poison seems to heal

off your bleed and poisons tics on the dummys. Not sure about a real fight, again im not focused on that enough to confirm.

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Will Master poisoner be at all competitive, or even viable in legion? Seems very odd that they give the mastery bonus to poisons, center the artifact weapon around poisons, make the majority of our end game gear give mastery to some extent, and then balance the talents on hemo/exang. Not disagreeing with the talent guide right now, its painfully obvious that we only have one real route to go in this regard, but I am kinda bummed with the changes so far. I didnt want to spend this spec being a melee aff lock, ya know?

Unlikely. One of the reasons Assassination scales so poorly is only Crit & Vers scale with Exsang. This is, of course, amazing for early tiers as it takes very little stats for this spec to truck damage.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Confirming this is not the case. I crafted a stone of the elements sometime last week, and presumably saw what you saw, i.e. 715 with no possibility for valor upgrade. I logged in the next day and I was suddenly able to roll it to 725. I am not sure how the legion trinket ranks, but I have the Infallible tracking charm (715) and Stone of the elements at (725) equipped. Using this guide as reference i can dump about 70k dps over the course of a heroic Archie fight. Im only 718 ilvl. I think the tracking charm can proc off of bleed/poison tics as well, but cant quite confirm yet through all the choas of that fight. Interestingly enough, leeching poison seems to heal

off your bleed and poisons tics on the dummys. Not sure about a real fight, again im not focused on that enough to confirm.

Recommended trinkets are accounting for demon targets.

I saw no answer for this question anywhere, so i guess it`s right place to ask it.

How exactly Exsanguinate works? Does it speeds up counting remaining duration, or overall duration? I mean - if we currently have 15 of 28 sec rapture, will it`s remaining damage be stored in 5-6 sec or in 3-4?

Also how reapplying rapture works with existing speeded up rapture?

Edited by MrOger
My english grammar sucks :D

Whatever the remaining duration is on them will be over 4x faster.

Because the ticks of the short Rupture happen so quickly, I'd wait until it expires to apply the new one. Have 6s CPs ready at the end though, to reapply it instantly

• Like 1