FORUMS
Damien

Brewmaster Monk 7.3

Guest Moon
17 hours ago, Blainie said:

Where are you seeing no Haste gear? The dungeons drop a huge amount, regardless of difficulty. World Quests too.

I feel this too - I have 29% crit and only 22% mastery, ilevel 842. I know that Mythic Black Rook Hold has lots of Leather Haste gear, but that's the only place I've been able to find it

9 hours ago, Guest Moon said:

I feel this too - I have 29% crit and only 22% mastery, ilevel 842. I know that Mythic Black Rook Hold has lots of Leather Haste gear, but that's the only place I've been able to find it

Throw me a link to your armory and I can detail places to get the Haste gear you need to fill the slots.

Guest Amp

Thanks for writing this guide. I had a few comments and questions.

What is the justification for listing crit as equal to mastery and better than versatility? This may have been the case when Celestial Fortune was 100%, but at 65% it's no longer a very valuable stat according to other guides..

Why have you not taken mastery breakpoints into consideration?

Why do you recommend the Mark of the Hidden Satyr neck enchant? This provides zero defensive benefit.

Why do you recommend the stamina flask? More stamina doesn't cause us to mitigate or heal for any more, but the agility flask does.

On 9/17/2016 at 4:36 PM, Guest Amp said:

Thanks for writing this guide. I had a few comments and questions.

What is the justification for listing crit as equal to mastery and better than versatility? This may have been the case when Celestial Fortune was 100%, but at 65% it's no longer a very valuable stat according to other guides..

Why have you not taken mastery breakpoints into consideration?

Why do you recommend the Mark of the Hidden Satyr neck enchant? This provides zero defensive benefit.

Why do you recommend the stamina flask? More stamina doesn't cause us to mitigate or heal for any more, but the agility flask does.

Hey there!

Unfortunately, I don't play a BM Monk, so I don't know enough here to give proper answers. Going to tag @Furty, hopefully he can help out with answering some of these.

On 9/21/2016 at 0:34 AM, Guest Moon said:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Moonbabe/simple

Here she is! I am really only seeing Haste+Mastery gear in Mythic Black Rook Hold :(

After going through the first four dungeons in the dungeon journal, I gave up since I'm basically listing the whole thing. Every dungeon listed below has that slot with either Crit/Haste or Mastery/Haste, since those are the two ideal setups for gear. I have then also included pieces that have Crit/Mastery in case you have hit the 30% haste cap, denoted with the comment in brackets. There's plenty of gear to be found!

Helm - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Darkheart Thicket

Neck - Violet Hold, Darkheart Thicket (once you hit Haste cap)

Shoulders - Violet Hold, Darkheart Thicket

Back - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Chest - Violet Hold, Darkheart Thicket

Wrists - Black Rook Hold (once you hit Haste cap), Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket (once you hit Haste cap)

Hands - Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Belt - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Legs - Violet Hold (once you hit Haste cap), Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Feet - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars (once you hit Haste cap), Darkheart Thicket

Rings - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Guest Moon
30 minutes ago, Blainie said:

After going through the first four dungeons in the dungeon journal, I gave up since I'm basically listing the whole thing. Every dungeon listed below has that slot with either Crit/Haste or Mastery/Haste, since those are the two ideal setups for gear. I have then also included pieces that have Crit/Mastery in case you have hit the 30% haste cap, denoted with the comment in brackets. There's plenty of gear to be found!

Helm - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Darkheart Thicket

Neck - Violet Hold, Darkheart Thicket (once you hit Haste cap)

Shoulders - Violet Hold, Darkheart Thicket

Back - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Chest - Violet Hold, Darkheart Thicket

Wrists - Black Rook Hold (once you hit Haste cap), Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket (once you hit Haste cap)

Hands - Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Belt - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Legs - Violet Hold (once you hit Haste cap), Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Feet - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars (once you hit Haste cap), Darkheart Thicket

Rings - Violet Hold, Black Rook Hold, Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket

Maybe I'm just blind omg, I hate VH so I never like to go through it, lol. It's also that I have some gear that 850 and one 860, so replacing things is really hard, even if the stats are better. :(

I appreciate it so much, thank you!

2 minutes ago, Guest Moon said:

Maybe I'm just blind omg, I hate VH so I never like to go through it, lol. It's also that I have some gear that 850 and one 860, so replacing things is really hard, even if the stats are better. :(

I appreciate it so much, thank you!

It's no problem. I understand that it can really suck replacing that high item level gear with worse stuff, but sometimes it's worth it! Maybe you'll just get lucky and get it all titanforged.

It's also worth noting that Agility is pretty far down the stat prio for Brew, so getting well itemised stuff that is 10-20 item levels lower may not be that bad if it has completely BiS stats.

Hey, Is there a better neck enchant for surviving? like the bonus armour one or mastery one? Or is that just trash for us and offers us little to no bonus to survive? 

Also is there a point when Mastery becomes less valuable? (for instance if we got to guarantee a dodge every 2 or 3 swings there is no point getting more?)

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Entenei said:

Hey, Is there a better neck enchant for surviving? like the bonus armour one or mastery one? Or is that just trash for us and offers us little to no bonus to survive? 

Also is there a point when Mastery becomes less valuable? (for instance if we got to guarantee a dodge every 2 or 3 swings there is no point getting more?)

Thanks

I would use Heavy Hide, the armour enchant, if you really want more survivability.

There are "breakpoints" so to speak, but you'll need to give us proper stat information in order to calculate those. You can still stack Mastery and it's still very good, but if you want peak performance, you can stop at the breakpoints. Make a thread in the Monk forum showing your stats, gear, etc. and I'll help you over there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I would use Heavy Hide, the armour enchant, if you really want more survivability.

There are "breakpoints" so to speak, but you'll need to give us proper stat information in order to calculate those. You can still stack Mastery and it's still very good, but if you want peak performance, you can stop at the breakpoints. Make a thread in the Monk forum showing your stats, gear, etc. and I'll help you over there.

That's cool. for now I'm still not at the haste cap i need. So as far as tweaking my other stats for now is out of my reach.  But when I get more gear i might take you up on that offer.  Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Entenei said:

That's cool. for now I'm still not at the haste cap i need. So as far as tweaking my other stats for now is out of my reach.  But when I get more gear i might take you up on that offer.  Thanks.

No problem. Whenever you're ready in the future, you can just pop a post in that Monk forum and I'll grab it :)

• Like 1

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

• Like 1

Guest 2 Important Comments

I saw someone earlier in this board comment on RJW being seemingly more reliable than compared to Special Delivery. and it is, but your dps will be lower if you only get a few procs. But, I would add that RJW complicates the rotation, just slightly, and is usually a dps decrease... however... it allows the ability to pick up adds that much easier without the statue talent; so, it really comes down to your play style. Special Delivery is best(optimally) used when you have BoB in the prior talent tree, as you burn 3 ISB's at the beginning of a fight, then one more after BoB usage. Thus, more brew usage = more snares/dmg. Also, Tier 1, Tiger Palm is terrible, it is literally just a quick talent pick for those who don't want another active to manage, but it is a dps and hps decrease compared to both of the other options. Because if you hit another target with tiger palm, it drops off of the last target abruptly(only one active at a time). Just my two cents on these.

On 10/25/2016 at 4:23 PM, Guest 2 Important Comments said:

Because if you hit another target with tiger palm, it drops off of the last target abruptly(only one active at a time). Just my two cents on these.

This reason is why we recommend Chi Burst vs. any sort of AoE. EotT is only best on 1 target. As soon as a second target is introduced, Chi Burst pulls ahead of both of the other two.

For ST:

Chi Wave: For me, it does 24,502*4 damage and 24,636*3 healing, assuming it is used on the enemy first. This has a 15s cooldown and amounts to 6,533.86 DPS and 4,927.2 HPS per use, assuming it is used on cooldown every time it is up. If you use it on yourself first instead, you will get 4,900.4 DPS and 6,569.6 HPS.

EotT: It does 12,152*4 damage and 10,997*4 healing, but has no cooldown, so instead we need to extrapolate, multiplying each value by 15/8 (1.875) to reach that same HPS/DPS per 15 seconds. For that 15s artificial window of use, you will get 6,076 DPS and 5,498.5 HPS.

As you can no doubt see, the actual difference is VERY slight, EotT is just more consistent in what it outputs, given that it has no cooldown. Chi Wave can certainly be used, but I would still stick with EotT for 1 target. I definitely wouldn't say it is "terrible".

Guest Matainer

I imagine this may have been an oversight from playing multiple other tank specs, but in the artifact progression page, I see many, if not all of the references to fortifying brew are stated as "Shield Wall" and I thought that would clear up some confusion if that were cleared up.

6 hours ago, Guest Matainer said:

I imagine this may have been an oversight from playing multiple other tank specs, but in the artifact progression page, I see many, if not all of the references to fortifying brew are stated as "Shield Wall" and I thought that would clear up some confusion if that were cleared up.

I'll see if we can get that cleared up. Thanks for letting me know!

Guest Mort

Is there any stat weight values i can put into the "pawn" addon for helping to pick gear?

22 hours ago, Guest Mort said:

Is there any stat weight values i can put into the "pawn" addon for helping to pick gear?

There isn't really a specific weight I can give you, since it's just harder to get for Brewmaster. Generally, the priority should work fine, especially since a breakpoint is included.

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Guest Gwaun

The 7.1.5 review didn't update the legendary section. The legendary head got some change and make it good (and make "zen"  really usable). I think this legendary could be better than ring & feet. It give us a real CD usable every 2.5 min

17 minutes ago, Guest Gwaun said:

The 7.1.5 review didn't update the legendary section. The legendary head got some change and make it good (and make "zen"  really usable). I think this legendary could be better than ring & feet. It give us a real CD usable every 2.5 min

Hey - the gear section will be getting a full update within a day or so, including Nighthold BiS.

Question regarding the 7.1.5 updates!

Before the update Brewmasters were very low on the list of viable mythic raiding and I've heard a lot of talks about them being very good after the patch but I don't see how they would be much better now with the small changes that was made?

The new talent giving 40% efficiency to magic-attacks on Stagger is great and all but you're taking out the healing elixir out of the equation then and the 5% boost to dodge on the last tier doesn't seem like that much of a dealbreaker to me.

So the question then is, was the talk of Brewmasters being that bad just talk and no facts so nothing really changed or is there something significant that happened overall in the patch that I've missed that is all of sudden putting Brewmasters on the board for 7.1.5?

Guest gwaun
1 hour ago, Arkpit said:

Before the update Brewmasters were very low on the list of viable mythic raiding and I've heard a lot of talks about them being very good after the patch but I don't see how they would be much better now with the small changes that was made?

The new talent giving 40% efficiency to magic-attacks on Stagger is great and all but you're taking out the healing elixir out of the equation then and the 5% boost to dodge on the last tier doesn't seem like that much of a dealbreaker to me.

So the question then is, was the talk of Brewmasters being that bad just talk and no facts so nothing really changed or is there something significant that happened overall in the patch that I've missed that is all of sudden putting Brewmasters on the board for 7.1.5?

Brewmasters just had few upgrade to make them nice to raid mostly because the others (drood & warrior) were nerf a bit.

The talent for magic-attacks on stagger should be great for some nighthold fight .Which helps to make is good for the upcoming tier. Your talent should always be chosen depending of the content you are fighting, I don't think magic-attacks on stagger should always been chosen

Then finaly the damage up should only be good for top raider. but it should feel nice in dungeon m+.

1 hour ago, Arkpit said:

They were solid in Trial of Valor as well. The Legion version of Brewmaster has always been exceptional at dealing with large, isolated hits (Stormforged Spear for example). It also scales well, and has a great tier bonus, meaning it will likely be quite the contender in Nighthold.

• Like 1