FORUMS
Damien

Windwalker Monk 7.3

18 hours ago, Guest Fuzzi said:

Where is the Best In Slot list for raid gear?

It is yet to be added, sorry!

Best in slot lists aren't that useful for this expansion anyway due to Mythic+, Warforging and Titanforging. Following the stat priority is normally more useful than aiming for items on a BiS list, especially since it will only include EN gear, not dungeon gear.

Guest Lexicon

Is there any way we could get stat weights?  I use Pawn, and the stat weights for Arcane mage were very useful and it'd be nice if they were here too, since I feel they're more reliable than SimCraft's weights.

On 10/7/2016 at 9:29 PM, Guest Lexicon said:

Is there any way we could get stat weights?  I use Pawn, and the stat weights for Arcane mage were very useful and it'd be nice if they were here too, since I feel they're more reliable than SimCraft's weights.

The weights that you obtain for your character through simcraft are always going to be more accurate than our general ones, since they are tailored to your character. It will be the best way to get them, for sure.

Guest Jonechan

For me it appears that serenity does much better than whirling dragon punch in single target fights like Nythendra or Ursoc.

15 hours ago, Guest Jonechan said:

For me it appears that serenity does much better than whirling dragon punch in single target fights like Nythendra or Ursoc.

For Serenity to outperform WDP, you need to really calculate exactly what is the perfect usage of different abilities in that 8 second window. Can you show me a log of you using each talent? Serenity might feel better due to that burst available.

Hi!

Quick question, if I've taken chi burst instead of chi wave, do I use it in my rotation in single target situations?

And if so,  what would be the priority of CB? The same as CW?

On 10/15/2016 at 4:39 PM, wukina said:

Quick question, if I've taken chi burst instead of chi wave, do I use it in my rotation in single target situations?

I think you would only use it if you needed a filler for the Hit Combo stacks, rather than simply TPing again.

Guest Hollowfist
On 09/10/2016 at 3:38 PM, Blainie said:

The weights that you obtain for your character through simcraft are always going to be more accurate than our general ones, since they are tailored to your character. It will be the best way to get them, for sure.

I've been using Pawn and Simcraft addon, and I've reached an impass.

I've gotten to the point where getting SUB 18% haste tells me Haste is the more valuable stat (I use EofT, Ascension and WDP).

When I get to 18% haste, Haste is passed by mastery and versatility in priority.

The consequence of this (Ascension+haste) is when I look at my inventory, I see a ring of mine with 1061 Mastery + 707 Vers with a 5% upgrade boost (through Pawn stat weight). When I equip it and run /simc and simulationcraft again, the same ring I just unequiped (1206 mastery + 629 haste) is indicated as having a 5% upgrade. If I equip it again and rerun the simulations, this turns into a loop.

---

If I use Energizing Elixir instead, it turns out haste has a very low weight (4.32) for my gear. After equiping the best I have for it on my inventory, I stay at 13% haste. Again, the same ring (mastery+vers) is shown as having 5% upgrade. The same happens again, haste jumps from 4.32 weight into 6.

What the hell is happening, can someone help me? xD

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/mazrigos/Hollowfist/simple

Also, which trinkets are even BiS? Should I look only at trinkets with Agility (or mastery)?

2 hours ago, Guest Hollowfist said:

I've been using Pawn and Simcraft addon, and I've reached an impass.

I've gotten to the point where getting SUB 18% haste tells me Haste is the more valuable stat (I use EofT, Ascension and WDP).

When I get to 18% haste, Haste is passed by mastery and versatility in priority.

The consequence of this (Ascension+haste) is when I look at my inventory, I see a ring of mine with 1061 Mastery + 707 Vers with a 5% upgrade boost (through Pawn stat weight). When I equip it and run /simc and simulationcraft again, the same ring I just unequiped (1206 mastery + 629 haste) is indicated as having a 5% upgrade. If I equip it again and rerun the simulations, this turns into a loop.

---

If I use Energizing Elixir instead, it turns out haste has a very low weight (4.32) for my gear. After equiping the best I have for it on my inventory, I stay at 13% haste. Again, the same ring (mastery+vers) is shown as having 5% upgrade. The same happens again, haste jumps from 4.32 weight into 6.

What the hell is happening, can someone help me? xD

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/mazrigos/Hollowfist/simple

Also, which trinkets are even BiS? Should I look only at trinkets with Agility (or mastery)?

What I typically do with rings is simulate every combo of all the rings that I have, since they always seem so finicky.  This will tell you which two rings are best.  Rings are the only thing I don't fully trust Pawn with, and thus simulate them quite frequently.  

Guest Winwalker

Nobody going to point out the fact that using anything other than Serenity in the last tier is a dps loss due to how bugges SEF is?

On 10/28/2016 at 4:40 AM, Guest Winwalker said:

Nobody going to point out the fact that using anything other than Serenity in the last tier is a dps loss due to how bugges SEF is?

Please feel free to elaborate.

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Please feel free to elaborate.

He's referring to to the number of bugs that Storm Earth and Fire has, which can be found and elaborated on here.  To summarize them:

• SEF clones don't benefit from haste (may be fixed?).
  • Clones do not inherit the players' Hit Combo stacks and must build their own.
  • Clones attack banished/cc'd targets or ones you are always in combat with (ie. sentries in Court of Stars).
  • Reduced damage/effects of spells/abilities that don't get copied (ie. damage trinket procs, potion of the old war, fishbrul special).
  • Sometimes miss the first spell cast after casting SEF b/c they don't have a target immediately.
  • SEF clones don't benefit from Tornado Kicks (second RSK for 25% damage after normal RSK).
  • Clones don't benefit from Transfer the Power (3% stacking FoF damage increase on RSK and BoK).

12 minutes ago, Orthios said:

He's referring to to the number of bugs that Storm Earth and Fire has, which can be found and elaborated on here.

It looks like Babylonius has kept WDP as the chosen talent despite the bugs on here and on WtW, so it might still be better? 

I'll put a note in and see what he says. Thanks for linking them anyway!

4 hours ago, Guest RzE said:

Not choosing Serenity is a DPS loss....

That's true if you play at a high level, but if you aren't as good/just can't quite get WW down in the first place, you're better off with Whirling Dragon Punch, which is easier to play and better for open world content (where you generally don't use your DPS CDs too often).  The thing with serenity is you have to know both when to use it and what to use within it.

Guest Curious WW

So the Icy Veins guide says to take the highest +ilvl to weapon Relic but the Walking the Wind site says otherwise. Which is most accurate?

13 minutes ago, Guest Curious WW said:

So the Icy Veins guide says to take the highest +ilvl to weapon Relic but the Walking the Wind site says otherwise. Which is most accurate?

The relic guide on Walking the Wind is more accurate.

Just to say, I've put in a note about the relics. Thanks for pointing it out/answering Orthios!

Guest 090909
On 27/07/2016 at 0:23 AM, Babylonius said:

Tiger Palm generates 2 Chi per use.

Tiger, Blackout, Tiger blackout is your filler while you build chi

23 hours ago, Guest 090909 said:

Tiger, Blackout, Tiger blackout is your filler while you build chi

You can use other abilities to fill as well. Tier 1 talents can fill when off CD, as well as Crackling Jade Lightning if you need a fast double generator on an add that's going to die soon.

You should not be using CJL as a filler ability, since it costs 20 + 20/s Energy to use (changed in 7.1).  It should only be used for a ranged tag when doing World Quests, if at all.  In 7.1.5, if and only if you have the legendary chest, then using CJL at 20 stacks of the buff is a good thing to do (the buff reduces the cost and increases damage, at 20 stacks CJL is free).

On 12/31/2016 at 3:48 PM, Orthios said:

You should not be using CJL as a filler ability, since it costs 20 + 20/s Energy to use (changed in 7.1).  It should only be used for a ranged tag when doing World Quests, if at all.  In 7.1.5, if and only if you have the legendary chest, then using CJL at 20 stacks of the buff is a good thing to do (the buff reduces the cost and increases damage, at 20 stacks CJL is free).

Surely it's better to CJL if, for example, you need burst damage on an add and don't want to wait for another ability to reset the counter? Or is it just not worth it with the new energy cost?

33 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Surely it's better to CJL if, for example, you need burst damage on an add and don't want to wait for another ability to reset the counter? Or is it just not worth it with the new energy cost?

Nope, with a base cost of 20 energy + 20 per second (double passive regeneration), you loose too much energy, and thus too much chi to warrant its use.  Don't forget, there is also Chi Wave and Flying Serpent Kick that you can also use to keep Hit Combo upin between Blackout Kicks, but in the event both are on cooldown, it is better to wait for either energy for Tiger Palm or something to come off cooldown (RKS, FoF, CW, FSK).  You have to be careful with using FSK to fill downtime, as it's a movement ability primarily and should be save to get to point A more quickly over using it for rotational smoothing.

Yeah, losing a minimum of 40 energy, plus the 100 from two tiger palms wipes you completely, which would mean EE would have been a better use, or you'll energy drained right off and stuck waiting for either EE to come off CD, or you'll have to sit around with no energy for most of the fight.

Well, there we go! Thanks to both of you, maybe someone other than me will learn something from all of this :D