FORUMS
Damien

Holy Paladin 7.3

On 10/6/2016 at 2:05 AM, Guest Terion said:

Guys look at the second raid loot table, there aren't any crit-versa items, not even the set items has this combo. I would say crit haste instead. Haste reduces Holy Shock's, light of dawn's cooldown and ofc the global cooldown. When you stack a lot of crit haste the light of martyr, holy shock, holy light, light of dawn rotation comes in the picture. The legendary neck piece is a must have, so as the shoulder piece. With a lot of haste and the 4 set bonus you will spam the shit out of people with holy shocks and holy lights.
But hey, we aren't there yet, this is just my opinion.

I'm not sure what loot table has to do with stat priority? Just because loot doesn't drop in a raid doesn't mean that stat isn't good. You can get those items from Mythic+ or world bosses. Versatility is the best stat after crit, regardless of whether it is on gear or not.

Guest Rolex Snob

LotM is a critical and class defining ability. Shame on this guide for not mentioning it.

The pally who wrote this guide is clearly being carried by the other healers in the raid. I'd boot any junk paladin with low HPS that wasn't using LotM the same way i'd boot junk disc priests for not atonement healing and spamming shadow mend.

I very much dislike this guide and it brings icy-veins down IMO.

• Like 2

Guest Nurd
20 hours ago, Guest Rolex Snob said:

LotM is a critical and class defining ability. Shame on this guide for not mentioning it.

The pally who wrote this guide is clearly being carried by the other healers in the raid. I'd boot any junk paladin with low HPS that wasn't using LotM the same way i'd boot junk disc priests for not atonement healing and spamming shadow mend.

LotM causes negative healing, so the healing it does is really cut in half, youd be much better off casting a flash of light, I do really good hps in high 90th+ percentile and dont even use LoTM except in RARE cases when I cant use flash of light or holy shock, which is again, rare

23 hours ago, Guest Rolex Snob said:

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd love to hear more about this so I can pass it on to our writers, but I'd need to see some proof of your own logs before "shaming" our guide. Simply saying "X is amazing, it's not here, guide is terrible helps nobody". Show me it is amazing.

Thanks for the comment anyway :)

Guest xSUP3RM4Nx

So new here first time posting on IcyVeins but needed some help.  As of now my shuffle through the guide has me top healing in guild (we are only on normal EN atm) at around 240k I believe? But had a few questions hope you obviously knowledgeable base could answer.

1. Can the writers implement the BiS list that someone posted onto the actual guide please.

2. Is the point going Int, Crit, Vers a safe/catch all since mastery depends on range of you/beacon?

3. Not been able to find them, but does anyone know the stat weights for Hpaly? Using Ask Mr. Robot and Pawn and they are not wanting to agree with each other on upgrades. Any help in these numbers and if so can we get them added to guide?

Guest Shadowpower69
On 9/17/2016 at 7:55 PM, groffi said:

Hey, I couldnt find one, so here is a Holy Paladin BiS list for Emerald Nightmare:

Helm: Crown of Steely Brambles (Cenarius)
Shoulder: Pauldrons of Shifting Runes (Heart of Corruption)
Chest: Horror Inscribed Chestguard (Nythendra)
Wrist: Wristclamps of Mad Dreams (Nythendra)
Gloves: Primal Gauntlets of Rage (Ursoc)
Belt: Eon-Tempered Waistplate (Heart of Corruption)
Legs: Storm-Battered Legplates(Only one option Bad stats)
Boots: Trampling Warboots(Only one option Bad stats)
Cloak: Gossamer-Spun Greatcloak (Elerethe Renferal)
Neck: Blackened Portalstone Necklace (Xavius)
Ring1: Grubby Silver Ring (Nythendra)
Ring2: Twice-warped Azsharan Signet (Xavius)
Trink1: Vial of Nightmare Fog (Dragons of Nightmare)
Trink2: Heightened Senses (Ursoc)
Relic1(Holy): Perserved Worldseed (Nythendra)
Relic2(Life): Blessing of Cenarius (Cenarius)
Relic3(Holy): Radiating Metallic Shard (Heard of Corruption)

Anyone using this, please note that the chest drops from Dragons of Nightmare and the belt drops from Xavius.

i would like to know at what % do these stats become more viable than others? 

what are the caps (soft and hard)?

how much of each start should be considered a minimum?

using my MW for an example, mastery is trash under 300% but raises very fast, while crit  is useless under 25% and raises very slowly.

Guest coMplex

Why in the holy paladin section isn't the best in slot gear from raid?All clases have that.Thank you and have a great day!

On 10/12/2016 at 9:06 PM, Guest xSUP3RM4Nx said:

1. Can the writers implement the BiS list that someone posted onto the actual guide please.

We're working on implementing one using the information given by the user, as well as some of the updates that we have incoming in the future.

2. Is the point going Int, Crit, Vers a safe/catch all since mastery depends on range of you/beacon?

Exactly, yeah. You could spend all month gearing for pure Mastery and then find that on the fight you are doing, it is useless.

3. Not been able to find them, but does anyone know the stat weights for Hpaly? Using Ask Mr. Robot and Pawn and they are not wanting to agree with each other on upgrades. Any help in these numbers and if so can we get them added to guide?

Weights are VERY difficult to work out for a healer. There are one or two addons that are floating around that can help, but they require manually adapting the code to fit to a Paladin, since they are for Resto Druid. 

I don't know how to do it myself, sorry!

3 hours ago, Guest coMplex said:

Why in the holy paladin section isn't the best in slot gear from raid?All clases have that.Thank you and have a great day!

Please check the comment above, answer to 1.

10 hours ago, Realmouse said:

how much of each start should be considered a minimum?

I believe the only one that matters is Crit at around 30%, but there should be an update coming soon that adds some changes

Guest coMplex

Holy palaidn gear?I can't see it on the best in slot section.Thank you!

On 18.9.2016 at 2:55 AM, groffi said:

Hey, I couldnt find one, so here is a Holy Paladin BiS list for Emerald Nightmare:

Helm: Crown of Steely Brambles (Cenarius)
Shoulder: Pauldrons of Shifting Runes (Heart of Corruption)
Chest: Horror Inscribed Chestguard (Nythendra)
Wrist: Wristclamps of Mad Dreams (Nythendra)
Gloves: Primal Gauntlets of Rage (Ursoc)
Belt: Eon-Tempered Waistplate (Heart of Corruption)
Legs: Storm-Battered Legplates(Only one option Bad stats)
Boots: Trampling Warboots(Only one option Bad stats)
Cloak: Gossamer-Spun Greatcloak (Elerethe Renferal)
Neck: Blackened Portalstone Necklace (Xavius)
Ring1: Grubby Silver Ring (Nythendra)
Ring2: Twice-warped Azsharan Signet (Xavius)
Trink1: Vial of Nightmare Fog (Dragons of Nightmare)
Trink2: Heightened Senses (Ursoc)
Relic1(Holy): Perserved Worldseed (Nythendra)
Relic2(Life): Blessing of Cenarius (Cenarius)
Relic3(Holy): Radiating Metallic Shard (Heard of Corruption)

Why not take 2xPerserved Worldseed ?

20 hours ago, Guest coMplex said:

Holy palaidn gear?I can't see it on the best in slot section.Thank you!

Please see my comment above.

Guest Hotzz

Hey guys, I was trying to use the simulationcraft to see if my stats were correct, however he says that does not support, we really have no way but to use healers? how do we do tests to see if we are on track?

Guest Cold

It doesn't make any sense to recommend avoiding Light of the Martyr. By speccing for it you can create a very versatile build that really shines in mythic+ 5 man content and raiding because it allows you to use your own hp as an alternate resource. Taking Fervent Martyr reduces the cost of use by half, and by using bestow faith on myself every time it is off cooldown it is keeping me topped off after 5 seconds of spamming THE STRONGEST HEAL AVAILABLE TO THE CLASS for no cost other than 10-15% of my health. That is just massive.To avoid exploring the build entirely because the reviewer prefers to play the class as if it was a druid is slightly insane and should be looked into by an alternate reviewer familiar with the build and the benefits it offers.

• Like 1

Guest flux

haste gear as BIS no thanks.... rather run without item in that slot

I would like to just point out that most of the top Pally Healers are using aura of sacrifice for multiple fights, so I do not see how you guys don't recommend this talent. It is very powerful and from my experience raiding  it is very handy to getting everyone in the raid healed fully back up very quickly, without expending a lot of mana. 

On 10/20/2016 at 2:37 AM, Guest Hotzz said:

Hey guys, I was trying to use the simulationcraft to see if my stats were correct, however he says that does not support, we really have no way but to use healers? how do we do tests to see if we are on track?

It's pretty tough to simulate healing output, but I believe there are WeakAura strings being used for other classes (namely Resto Druid) that will allow for stat weight calculation. I'm not sure if there is one for HPala atm.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:23 PM, Guest flux said:

haste gear as BIS no thanks.... rather run without item in that slot

EN is very limited in gear choices. It's not ideal to have Haste, but we aren't including M+ in those gear lists posted above.

For both of the comments concerning talent choices, I believe there should be an update coming in the near future to the choices.

Guest Ral

I'm not even sure why I stopped by to read this guide as I've already been farming m10+'s and heroic EN ( No mythic EN sadly on account of it being server only), but I have to disagree with this guide's take on light of the martyr. It is literally my bread and butter when tanks are taking a ton of damage. Not to mention it's cheap mana cost means you'll always finish fights with a large amount of health. 

All you have to do is bestow faith on yourself/holy shock yourself, and use divine protection to mitigate the damage. It hasn't steered me wrong on anything yet. 

Guest Rudy199

Guys, how do you feel about haste? With extremely low haste and super-high crit, holy shock cooldown seems just way too long for me. Is it a good idea to go for ~20% haste and ~40% crit?

On 11/7/2016 at 8:52 PM, Guest Ral said:

It hasn't steered me wrong on anything yet. 

It looks like your comment was made after the adjustments to the guide on LotM usage, so I'm not sure if you are disagreeing with the old guide still without re-checking it? We do recommend using it in certain situations in the latest updates.