FORUMS
Damien

Shadow Priest 7.3

On 10/27/2016 at 1:14 PM, Guest grammarnazi said:

constant rate that increases every 1 second

It's not constant if it increases...

You can have a constant increase. It means that it increases by the same amount each second. 

On 10/28/2016 at 5:01 PM, WyzrdX said:

The guide for Shadow Priest shows it was updated for 7.1 but it also still reads

In 7.1 this is no longer the case. The Shadowform is back in its prior form. Here is the link ShadowformShadowform however it actually says 10% Shadow Damage and 10% Physical Damage reduction in game and no longer costs mana.

Made a note for the writer, thanks!

Guest Alor

Body and Soul talent now does 40% speed increase for 3 sec.

Guest Oracionio

I did some logs and found out that using Voit torrent at the end (instead of the beginning) of voidform increased my DPS consistantly.

I take it that this isn't that shocking news, but why do you cast Void torrent at the beginning instead of the end of voidform when it is a DPS loss?

Data to support my statement:

-total damage while voidvorm lasted 
gear: https://gyazo.com/4735cf1955a3c0ff486f538d94fa4440
Void torrent at beginning (PI at 15 stacks (no dots  (1st 2 spells after erupt = mindblast->Voidtorrent
(reached 32-32-32-32-32-32-32-32-32-32 voidvorm stacks)
Damage (Millions):
5.3-5.4 (VB:1.58,MB:1.38,VT:1.05,MF:0.98,VTe:0.38)
4.9-5.0 (VB:1.68,MB:1.05,VT:0.88,MF:0.98,VTe:0.38)
5.1-5.2 (VB:1.81,MB:1.21,VT:0.88,MF:0.86,VTe:0.45)
5.9-6.0 (VB:1.68,MB:1.23,VT:0.88,MF:0.80,VTe:1.79)
5.4-5.5 (VB:1.94,MB:1.23,VT:0.95,MF:0.98,VTe:0.41)
4.5-4.6 (VB:1.81,MB:0.92,VT:0.88,MF:0.95,VTe:0.00)
5.1-5.2 (VB:1.68,MB:1.08,VT:0.78,MF:0.92,VTe:1.31)
4.8-4.9 (VB:1.63,MB:0.92,VT:0.90,MF:1.10,VTe:0.68)
4.5-4.6 (VB:1.55,MB:1.23,VT:0.78,MF:0.92,VTe:0.48)
5.3-5.4 (VB:1.68,MB:1.54,VT:0.78,MF:0.95,VTe:0.41)
Avg.
VB:1.704
MB:1.179
VT:0.876
MF:0.944
(Vte:0.629)
Total: 4.703M (5.332)

void torrent at the end (PI at 11 stacks (no dots (1st 2 spells after erupt = mindblast->MindFlay
(reached 31-33-32-33-31-31-33-32-33-32 voidvorm stacks)
Damage (Millions):
4.85 (VB:1.68,MB:1.08,VT:1.18,MF:0.92,VTe:0.00)
5.32 (VB:1.81,MB:1.08,VT:1.07,MF:0.91,VTe:0.44)
5.76 (VB:1.68,MB:1.08,VT:1.13,MF:0.77,VTe:0.93)
5.49 (VB:1.71,MB:0.92,VT:1.33,MF:0.95,VTe:0.58)
5.24 (VB:1.60,MB:1.21,VT:1.38,MF:0.77,VTe:0.38)
5.30 (VB:1.71,MB:1.23,VT:1.13,MF:0.89,VTe:0.34)
5.47 (VB:1.55,MB:1.38,VT:1.33,MF:0.82,VTe:0.38)
5.26 (VB:1.99,MB:1.08,VT:1.07,MF:0.78,VTe:0.45)
5.83 (VB:1.86,MB:1.08,VT:1.12,MF:1.01,VTe:0.76)
5.26 (VB:1.86,MB:1.38,VT:1.07,MF:0.95,VTe:0.00)
Avg.
VB:1.745
MB:1.152
VT:1.181
MF:0.877
(Vte:0.426)
Total: 5.315M (5.741)

Guest Clin

Can someone please explain.... in 1.1 and 1.2 it shows intellect as the 4th priority stat and yet in 2.1 it states that intellect is the primary stat.  This seems a contradiction?

2 hours ago, Guest Clin said:

Can someone please explain.... in 1.1 and 1.2 it shows intellect as the 4th priority stat and yet in 2.1 it states that intellect is the primary stat.  This seems a contradiction?

Primary stats are Intellect, Agility, Strength, and Stamina.  Secondary stats are Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, and Versatility.

On 11/1/2016 at 8:51 AM, Guest Alor said:

Body and Soul talent now does 40% speed increase for 3 sec.

Noted, thanks! :)

On 11/13/2016 at 6:25 PM, Guest Oracionio said:

I did some logs and found out that using Voit torrent at the end (instead of the beginning) of voidform increased my DPS consistantly.

I take it that this isn't that shocking news, but why do you cast Void torrent at the beginning instead of the end of voidform when it is a DPS loss?

This is explained further in the Mastery section below. Section 5.6.3.

Guest Ora
On 16-11-2016 at 0:31 AM, Blainie said:

This is explained further in the Mastery section below. Section 5.6.3.

Yes i've seen that, in my opinion using void torrent at the end is better because of 2 reasons:

1. more haste = more ticks (each 25% haste gives one tick)

2. You can use it when both void bolt and mind blast are on CD and mind flay wont keep you in voidform till they are back up.

Yet dispite this criteria, it is still stated that one must use voidtorrent as the 1st ability when entering voidform.

5.6.3. doesn't state that you should still use voidtorrent at the end of your voidform even without the use of power infusion, heroism ect.

In a standard scenario when power infusion is on CD, there is no herioism, no trinket procs (like chrono shard), the use of surrender to madness is out of the question and no damage increase buffs in general are in play. you should always use voidtorrent at the moment your voidbolt and mindblast are on CD and you will know with 100% certainty that you are about to run out of insanity. When voidtorrent is done channeling you will be able to use voidbolt (and mindblast in some cases) one more time resulting in a dps gain compared to using voidtorrent in the very beginning.

Please do correct me if i'm in the wrong here. This is based on personal experience (with the hastecap of 12000 reached) and i can understand that in the more common scenario things in terms of spell usage may differ.

Guest Aperthir

Thank you for this thread......very very helpful. I was wondering where would Power Torrent be used in the rotation?

Guest Duroten

I think there is a mistake at the 3.1.2 section.

It said that if we chose the tier 5 talent Auspicious Spirits we should dot Shadow word pain on all targets. But the shadowy apparitions are called by Vampiric Touch and not Shadow word pain isnt it ?

So with Auspicious Spirit talent we should dot Vampiric touch no ?

On 17.11.2016 at 1:27 AM, Guest Ora said:

Please do correct me if i'm in the wrong here. This is based on personal experience (with the hastecap of 12000 reached) and i can understand that in the more common scenario things in terms of spell usage may differ.

I don't want to overstep my reach here and make a mistake, so I'll forward your comments to the guide writer and see if I can get a response there. It will either end with a much more detailed response than I can give or a change to the guide. Both are good outcomes! I'll let you know ASAP!

On 18.11.2016 at 6:16 AM, Guest Aperthir said:

Thank you for this thread......very very helpful. I was wondering where would Power Torrent be used in the rotation?

I'll see if an update needs to be made to the guide based on the comments above.

10 hours ago, Guest Duroten said:

It said that if we chose the tier 5 talent Auspicious Spirits we should dot Shadow word pain on all targets. But the shadowy apparitions are called by Vampiric Touch and not Shadow word pain isnt it ?

They are created by using SW:P.

Guest Oracionio
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

I don't want to overstep my reach here and make a mistake, so I'll forward your comments to the guide writer and see if I can get a response there. It will either end with a much more detailed response than I can give or a change to the guide. Both are good outcomes! I'll let you know ASAP!

That's great to hear. Although the haste-crit values have changes (9500 haste and 9000 crit, rest goes to mast.) my point still stands.

I'll look forward to hear from you again :).

6 hours ago, Guest Oracionio said:

I'll look forward to hear from you again :).

I'll try to make sure to get an answer ASAP, but it can take some time to get through to players if they are busy! Anyway, fingers crossed.

Hi, I have an issue regarding gear for the shadow spec, still getting used to the rotation, but the stats on the gear I get are mostly mastery and versatility, the result now being 51% mastery, do I just skip on those and get gear with crit and haste instead?

Thanks

On 12/10/2016 at 6:51 PM, Nika said:

Hi, I have an issue regarding gear for the shadow spec, still getting used to the rotation, but the stats on the gear I get are mostly mastery and versatility, the result now being 51% mastery, do I just skip on those and get gear with crit and haste instead?

Thanks

Yeah, that would be best. This is especially true if you are using StM, since you need the Haste.

• Like 1

Guest BloodLeach

I have not seen this mentioned, but mind bender still generates insanity so if you use it and dispersion/ void torrent your going to gain insanity back.  you can cast  void form and VT back to back to basically refill your insanity while you mindbender just chomps away. it may be a bug but it has been working for a while.

On 12/27/2016 at 2:10 AM, Guest BloodLeach said:

I have not seen this mentioned, but mind bender still generates insanity so if you use it and dispersion/ void torrent your going to gain insanity back.  you can cast  void form and VT back to back to basically refill your insanity while you mindbender just chomps away. it may be a bug but it has been working for a while.

Will pass this on and get it looked into. Thanks!

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Guest Swoon

section 1.1 Explanations on Legendaries page incorrectly states that total Mind Blast charges will be 3 still. The item is correctly updated and displays 7.1.5 changes to reflect that it now provides 1 additional Mind Blast charges (down from 2 additional charges).

Just now, Guest Swoon said:

section 1.1 Explanations on Legendaries page incorrectly states that total Mind Blast charges will be 3 still. The item is correctly updated and displays 7.1.5 changes to reflect that it now provides 1 additional Mind Blast charges (down from 2 additional charges).

Gear section hasn't been updated yet; will happen later in the week along with a Nighthold tier list.