FORUMS
Damien

Elemental Shaman 7.3

Guest Glodwran

Questing as ele, I've noticed that the recommended build doesn't feel all that strong. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's downright weak. I'd recommend a different build that I've been running to quest:

Earthen Rage

Gust of Wind

Lightning Surge Totem

Echo of the Elements

Icefury

Aftershock

Anything goes for lvl 100

While this loses Primal Elementalist, which is powerful for taking down elites, it gains Icefury which is much better for general use. This essentially turns your Frost Shock into a quite powerful ability that ALSO snares your target. Echo of the Elements also helps in genning that first bit of Maelstrom in a fight by double casting Lava Burst. The level 100 talent is honestly a question of preference, though, as with this build you don't Lightning Bolt anywhere near as often, and Liquid Magma isn't that great for single target. Ascendance could be good to go against elites, to compensate for losing Primal Elementalist. Meanwhile, Aftershock is a pretty useful tool when going Icefury to help with that Frost Shock spam.

On 13.9.2016 at 7:33 AM, Guest Glodwran said:

Questing as ele, I've noticed that the recommended build doesn't feel all that strong. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's downright weak.

Is this for questing while leveling you mean, or questing at max level?

On 12.9.2016 at 3:35 PM, Chemii said:

Path of Flame evaluation is wrong. If you Lava Burst on a target with Flameshock, it spreads the Flameshock which is actually very useful in dungeons.

Nothing to do with Lava Surge.

Thanks, we'll get this updated ASAP! It's just a sort of typo, rather than lack of understanding.

Hi, I have a question about pre-raid trinkets.

How are the inscription and alchemy trinkets @850 doing in comparison with the trinkets from suramar mythics (or other mythic dungeons)?

And what about my post from 8th of september? I know that this guide is designed as a raid-guide, but is the fire-build really not reliable for raid encounters? How big is the gap? I guess there will be a lot of movement fights, lots of adds in the new raid or not?

Any other shaman has tested it?

On 9/17/2016 at 8:46 AM, checkmate said:

Hi, I have a question about pre-raid trinkets.

Hi there! I'm not well versed enough in Elemental at all to be able to answer your questions unfortunately :/

I'll forward your comments on and see if I can get a response back to you ASAP. Sorry that I can't help immediately, but know that I've seen the comment and am trying to get a response :)

8 hours ago, adamaj said:

What is the aoe rotation? I don't see it in the relevant section of the guide. Thanks.

Hi there!

It seems to be included in the Single Target rotation.

1. Apply Flame Shock Icon Flame Shock if it is absent and the target will live for at least 6 seconds. Maintain Flame Shock Icon Flame Shock on up to 3 targets.
  2. Cast Fire Elemental Icon Fire Elemental if it is off cooldown.
  3. Cast Earthquake Icon Earthquake if there are at least 4 targets present.
  4. Cast Earth Shock Icon Earth Shock if Maelstrom is 90 or greater.
  5. Cast Ascendance Icon Ascendance (if talented) if it is off cooldown.
  6. Cast Elemental Mastery Icon Elemental Mastery on cooldown where appropriate.
  7. Cast Icefury Icon Icefury (if talented) and priority damage is necessary, or predictable movement is incoming.
  8. Cast Lava Burst Icon Lava Burst whenever available and Flame Shock Icon Flame Shock is applied to the target.
  9. Frost Shock Icon Frost Shock if Icefury Icon Icefury buff is active.
  10.  Icon Stormkeeper whenever available if you are not about to use Ascendance Icon Ascendance.
  11. Maintain Totem Mastery Icon Totem Mastery buff.
  12. Cast Chain Lightning Icon Chain Lightning as a filler on 2 or more targets.
  13. Cast Lightning Bolt Icon Lightning Bolt as a filler on a single target.

If you take note of points 3 and 12, you can see the AoE rotation. You simply follow the same priority you would for Single Target, but use the AoE points rather than skipping them as you would.

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

14 hours ago, checkmate said:

4+ targets:

cast chainlightning and spend ms on earthqauke

11 hours ago, Blainie said:

Hi there!

It seems to be included in the Single Target rotation.

If you take note of points 3 and 12, you can see the AoE rotation. You simply follow the same priority you would for Single Target, but use the AoE points rather than skipping them as you would.

Thanks a lot! I guess I just got tunnel vision looking for the "aoe rotation" heading, lol.

35 minutes ago, adamaj said:

Thanks a lot! I guess I just got tunnel vision looking for the "aoe rotation" heading, lol.

It's no problem. I'll see if we can get it separated! 

2 minutes ago, Guest Dream said:

Has this been updated at all since the last hotfix?

You mean the big changes to classes that are meant to go live next week?

No. Please see the comment above from me.

Guest Sylvan

I'm wondering if the stat prio for the elemental shaman has changed at all after the 12.5% buff to mastery...

Kindly asking for a more details on trinkets.

Inspecting some high skilled shaman on arsenal, none is using the trinkets recommended by icy veins.

If you want, I can post the arsenal links.

On 9/30/2016 at 2:52 PM, Guest Sylvan said:

I'm wondering if the stat prio for the elemental shaman has changed at all after the 12.5% buff to mastery...

I imagine Mastery will probably be slightly higher on the prio, but it will stay mostly the same. I'll check with Furty, but currently the guide is yet to be updated for the new patch from what I can see.

14 hours ago, checkmate said:

Kindly asking for a more details on trinkets.

Inspecting some high skilled shaman on arsenal, none is using the trinkets recommended by icy veins.

If you want, I can post the arsenal links.

Check my comment above, thanks!

Guest Xama

hi, I have a question, what are the statistics of the elemental shaman for the addon pawn?

Guest Lmnt

Hi, can u update shaman guide? There a lot of changes since 29 august!

And guys, what's our stats cap now?

Guest Urgalicious

So I've been browsing through various forums and I keep coming across statements saying to go for 33% crit (which they say is the soft cap?) and then focusing on haste.

I could have read them wrong, but is that something you'd recommend or just keep building as much crit as possible?  Didn't see any mention of it in the guide though I may have just overlooked it.  I ask this because I do have some slightly higher ilevel pieces in my bags with haste and crit, with the haste stat rolling higher than the crit one (though I am already wearing a piece with both haste and crit except a higher crit roll). I admit I'm not taking the added intelligence into account either, which also begs the question of should you sacrifice higher ilevel gear just because it doesn't have our desired secondary stats.

Thanks!

On 10/5/2016 at 11:42 PM, Guest Xama said:

hi, I have a question, what are the statistics of the elemental shaman for the addon pawn?

You need to use simcraft to find stat weights that are accurate for your character.

21 hours ago, Guest Lmnt said:

Hi, can u update shaman guide? There a lot of changes since 29 august!

Will make sure Furty knows!

19 hours ago, Guest Urgalicious said:

So I've been browsing through various forums and I keep coming across statements saying to go for 33% crit (which they say is the soft cap?) and then focusing on haste.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure. I'll ask and see!

Guest Upstream

Yeah, this guide needs to be updated. I will wait with my comments as Furty may already be on the case.

18 hours ago, Guest Upstream said:

Yeah, this guide needs to be updated. I will wait with my comments as Furty may already be on the case.

Could you elaborate on what you feel needs updating? I'm sure there are things that need looking at, but it makes my job a lot easier to give Furty some points on what people are focusing on as being outdated. Especially since you have comments ready, so I'm hoping I can pass them on.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the outdated information!

Guest ultraroy1

I think the only thing that needs to be looked at is the viability of lightning rod due to the 20% or so buff on lightning bolt and chain lightning. Also I can't confirm this next thing but I hear that having high haste makes earthquake X2 deal more damage than your average earth shock on single targets so it would be nice to see someone take a look at that.