FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

On 10/27/2016 at 0:24 AM, jinxology said:

As of 7.1, does Potion of the Old War sim higher than Potion of Prolonged Power?

PPP is a flat boost to your (main) stats. So, it is going to be strong at low gear levels, as relative to your gear it is going to be a larger increase. However, POW scales with your stats increasing in value with higher gear levels.

PPP was not meant to be a better potion, just a cheaper option.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:44 PM, Guest Ling said:

Yes, my boulderfist buff is up at this point. 

Then you simply work your way down the priority.

Flametongue. If BF is about to fall off, use it. If not, Stormstrike. If you don't have Maelstrom, you use BF to generate Maelstrom.

On 10/28/2016 at 1:24 PM, Guest Kharnack said:

What do u think guys?

I believe this is due to the fact that at higher stat levels, there can be variations in exactly what will boost your DPS accordingly. This means that those pair of boots that, while they look wrong according to the general priority, are in fact better due to the fluidity of the stats for Enhance.

Guest Keratchin

I don't know if my character is faulty or my simcraft settings are wrong but every single sim that I do, regardless of fight type, haste always beats mastery by roughly 15%. My current haste is 15% and my mastery is 71%. Should I trust my sims and keep trying to stack more haste or should I disregard it and just stack mastery like everyone says?

I'm using the latest version of simcraft (710-01).

Guest Verax
On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 6:50 PM, Guest Keratchin said:

I don't know if my character is faulty or my simcraft settings are wrong but every single sim that I do, regardless of fight type, haste always beats mastery by roughly 15%. My current haste is 15% and my mastery is 71%. Should I trust my sims and keep trying to stack more haste or should I disregard it and just stack mastery like everyone says?

You need atleast 18% haste. Thats probably why it shows haste is better.

On 11/8/2016 at 5:50 PM, Guest Keratchin said:

Stat priority isn't linear - it changes depending on a number of variables, most notably how much of other stats you currently have. Artificially boost your Haste and see if it simply wants you to stack a tiny bit of Haste, before pushing Mastery again. It's also worth enabling weights to see how much it is valuing Haste currently.

Guest Zig

Hey guys, i'm back with more weird questions !

I'm having the strangest bug ever since the karazhan patch hit and i wanted to know if i was the only one in that situation. Sometimes when i use Stormstrike, my stormstrike button kinda "overloads" and becomes unusable for 15s even if i still have charges available to use it. It is very rare, but it happens and i have no idea why.

Second thing. Did anyone try the Aran's relaxing ruby ? because it definitely looks like another case of "the devs didn't realize most of our skills are considered as spells" as it happened on Nythendra's trinket a few weeks back. My point being this trinket being mastery based, as well as an elemental proc (fire) looks like it could be absolutely great for us even tho our mastery doesn't seem to be affecting the tooltip in this particular case which is weird/annoying/may explain stuff.

Guest Zig

K. A friend of mine actually tested Medivh's trinket and it is completely insane. it does take into account the mastery effect (averages 780k per proc non crit) and he doesn't even have Nightbane's chest. This thing is absolutely insane, did 8.9% of his total dps (he averages around 430k on dummy). Will give more info later.

Guest Khaldun

Hi, i'm looking to play Enhancement shaman as a main and have a few questions. :)

Could you elaborate more on these weaknesses?

--->Squishy
Is it squishy in PVE or PVP or both? If PVE is it squishy in Raids/MythicDG or in solo content or just in general PVE?

--->Melee specialization
Why do you consider being a melee spec a weakness? 

Thx in advance 

Guest Trainstation
On 19/11/2016 at 10:32 PM, Guest Zig said:

K. A friend of mine actually tested Medivh's trinket and it is completely insane. it does take into account the mastery effect (averages 780k per proc non crit) and he doesn't even have Nightbane's chest. This thing is absolutely insane, did 8.9% of his total dps (he averages around 430k on dummy). Will give more info later.

Thats really interesting. Blizzard did mention of trying to make a melee mage on their site. 

"We want this spec to be more than a melee-range Elemental Shaman, while having a distinct “Battle Mage” feel. Enhancement’s niche focuses on dishing out devastating spells and punishing strikes at melee range to destroy their enemy." 

It really intrigues me to try this trinket out.

On 18.11.2016 at 11:14 AM, Guest Zig said:

Hey guys, i'm back with more weird questions !

Not sure on the first thing. The second thing doesn't surprise me at all. It seems like that trinket is just devastating when used by a number of specs, especially after it got buffed.

On 22.11.2016 at 0:47 PM, Guest Khaldun said:

--->Squishy
Is it squishy in PVE or PVP or both? If PVE is it squishy in Raids/MythicDG or in solo content or just in general PVE?

I believe it is a general statement in that the spec dies fairly quickly when compared to other specs when pressured under sustained damage. 

On 22.11.2016 at 0:47 PM, Guest Khaldun said:

--->Melee specialization
Why do you consider being a melee spec a weakness? 

If you were to take two people that had exactly the same abilities, exactly the same gear, damage, whatever, but the only difference was that one was Melee and one was Ranged, which would you take? A ranged class can fulfill any role a Melee can while spreading out to avoid negative effects.

If you look at a really messy boss fight, having huge numbers of Melee can be pretty stressful. You can have as many Ranged as you want though, since they can spread out far further.

Also note that there are 11 ranged DPS specs comapred to 14 melee DPS specs (if you include Mistweavers that Fistweave actively, which many do).

Black Venom Sabatons vs Scored Ironclaw Sabatons.  After sim and all i dont see why The Blaxk venom is set to BiS. Anyone know?

11 hours ago, Marton said:

Black Venom Sabatons vs Scored Ironclaw Sabatons.  After sim and all i dont see why The Blaxk venom is set to BiS. Anyone know?

It might be that, when you have the full BiS list, at that point some Crit adds more damage than slightly more Mastery. Will double check with the writer/reviewer anyway.

Guest Tielc

I have a question regarding Pandemic and how it effects the overall Enhancement rotation ( I guess this would be worth knowing for any class as well). Maybe there is a guide on the topic that I am just not finding?

In the guide it states

Some of Enhancement's personal buffs (Flametongue Icon Flametongue and Hailstorm Icon Hailstorm) now benefit from "Pandemic", meaning that they can be refreshed when they have less than 30% of their duration remaining without penalty. The newly refreshed maximum duration will be added to the remaining duration of your buff, allowing you more flexibility for when you refresh. Ideally, you want to refresh during periods where Stormbringer Icon Stormbringer and Stormstrike Icon Stormstrike are unavailable. You should also consider your current Maelstrom Power so you can avoid overcapping resources. Remember the Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist and Flametongue Icon Flametongue both have a 10-yard range, so if you are dealing with mechanics that force you a little ways out of melee, that can be an ideal time to refresh and take advantage of that increased attack range. The pandemic values are as follows:

Remember, whenever your personal buffs have less than the above durations remaining, you are safe to refresh them as the currently remaining duration will be added to the maximum duration of the newly refreshed buff

Specifically, Flametongue and Frostbrand are listed as refreshing at two different times, 4.8 and 4.5 seconds. These are both a 16 second buff. Shouldn't they then both be 4.8 seconds if that's the case?

Likewise, Boulderfist is not listed here, whereas, I would ague, this is a significantly more important buff to upkeep. There are plenty of times where Stormbringer just keeps chain proc'ing and Boulderfist get's dangerously close to dropping off. I would add this safe refresh duration into the guide as well (3 seconds). Unless for some reason, Boulderfist does not leverage Pandemic?

59 minutes ago, Guest Tielc said:

I have a question regarding Pandemic and how it effects the overall Enhancement rotation ( I guess this would be worth knowing for any class as well). Maybe there is a guide on the topic that I am just not finding?

Going to tag in @Furty and @wordup so that one of them can help you. I'm really not sure about this and I'd rather make sure you get a proper answer than a wrong one from me!

Guest The Coach

So my question has to do with stats as well. I am doing fine in real time situations, but, as any greedy dps wants, I want to do more. 

I am curious if I should push a little higher into haste, stack more mastery, OR should I even consider looking at a bit more crit? I swapped out the black venom sabatons for the legendary boots (not the best of legos), just for the mastery and small bump to crit. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Manatideteo/simple

On 24/11/2016 at 8:45 PM, Guest Tielc said:

In the guide it states

Specifically, Flametongue and Frostbrand are listed as refreshing at two different times, 4.8 and 4.5 seconds. These are both a 16 second buff. Shouldn't they then both be 4.8 seconds if that's the case?

Likewise, Boulderfist is not listed here, whereas, I would ague, this is a significantly more important buff to upkeep. There are plenty of times where Stormbringer just keeps chain proc'ing and Boulderfist get's dangerously close to dropping off. I would add this safe refresh duration into the guide as well (3 seconds). Unless for some reason, Boulderfist does not leverage Pandemic?

Sorry I only just came round to this, but yes, they should be listed as 4.8. When it comes to Boulderfist, this buff does not pandemic as it's a self buff and not affected by the Pandemic effect.

On 26/11/2016 at 6:31 PM, Guest The Coach said:

So my question has to do with stats as well. I am doing fine in real time situations, but, as any greedy dps wants, I want to do more. 

I am curious if I should push a little higher into haste, stack more mastery, OR should I even consider looking at a bit more crit? I swapped out the black venom sabatons for the legendary boots (not the best of legos), just for the mastery and small bump to crit. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Manatideteo/simple

You should not be aiming for additional crit as, whilst it is an increase it scales far weaker than alternatives no matter the gear level from all I have observed. Haste and Mastery are symbiotic in nature so depending on gear one or the other can push each other out (as Haste is by design quite breakpoint-y). At a cursory glance at your gear though, Mastery is likely the go to stat right now because your Haste is already sufficient, but both are going to be very close in value and the swing between them will depend on your RNG pull-by-pull on Stormbringer.

Guest tehgnz

Hey! I got the CC-Ring, the Neck and the Belt as legendaries. Shall I quit playing fucking Enhancement shaman, that does less AoE then DH, Hunter, Mage, Warrior, Outlaw-Rogue?

And less Singletarget then DH, Mage? With same ilvl?

Yes I should

On 12/14/2016 at 10:07 AM, Guest tehgnz said:

Yes I should

Unfortunately, there always has to be a loser in DPS. Maybe changes in future patches will buff the spec? You never know! It's why people always say to pick what you enjoy as a class, since it might get buffed. At least wait for 7.1.5!

First off I just want to say thanks for putting this guide together. I've found that its a great source of information.

Not sure if this question has been asked yet so my apologies if its a repeat. For those of us that have the legendary ring, Eye of the Twisting Nether, how does refreshing the 2% buff work with pandemic? Specifically regarding FB since it is our only frost ability.

Would it benefit our DPS if:

1. use FB every 8 seconds to refresh the 2% buff or;

2, refresh FB only at the 4.5 second mark and allow the 2% buff to fall off in the interim? or;

3. is it situational?

Edited by Erad80
adding a 3rd item

Guest pkyjsdf

I wonder why the elemental shaman guide is so much more in depth.

On 12/20/2016 at 0:36 AM, Erad80 said:

First off I just want to say thanks for putting this guide together. I've found that its a great source of information.

Not sure if this question has been asked yet so my apologies if its a repeat. For those of us that have the legendary ring, Eye of the Twisting Nether, how does refreshing the 2% buff work with pandemic? Specifically regarding FB since it is our only frost ability.

Would it benefit our DPS if:

1. use FB every 8 seconds to refresh the 2% buff or;

2, refresh FB only at the 4.5 second mark and allow the 2% buff to fall off in the interim? or;

3. is it situational?

The 2% buffs should refresh itself whenever you do damage with fire, frost, and nature, not when you actively use any ability. So FT and FB should keep the fire and frost 2% buffs up as long as they're active and you're hitting something.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:46 PM, Guest pkyjsdf said:

I wonder why the elemental shaman guide is so much more in depth.

What do you feel needs more attention on the Enh guide? I can always pass on suggestions, but I don't see any here, unfortunately!

• Like 1