Damien

Demonology Warlock 7.1

149 posts in this topic

Class trinket is supposed to be that low?  Wouldn't the extra imps be huge?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twinkielock said:

Class trinket is supposed to be that low?  Wouldn't the extra imps be huge?

 

SimC is very buggy right now. I'll remove all the sims tonight and we'll replace them with a shortlist of 3 or 4 trinkets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question, where is HoG in Opening Sequence? thx for guide :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twinkielock said:

Class trinket is supposed to be that low?  Wouldn't the extra imps be huge?

 

You'll want to be using Class Trinket in addition to a passive trinket, or a trinket with high uptime. Good examples are Stone of Elements, CSP, and Iron Reaver Piston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't Demonic Empowerment update any demon that comes out while it is active? Seems redundant to cast it after every new summon. Just keep an eye on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Guest Vayshan said:

Doesn't Demonic Empowerment update any demon that comes out while it is active? Seems redundant to cast it after every new summon. Just keep an eye on it.

No, it empowers your currently active demons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Twisty said:

One question, where is HoG in Opening Sequence? thx for guide :)

That was the first thing I noticed. I assume you would use it around #16 or #17. Maybe he meant to add in "Cast HOG" after the 4 DB/SB's but just forgot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Betrayerx said:

That was the first thing I noticed. I assume you would use it around #16 or #17. Maybe he meant to add in "Cast HOG" after the 4 DB/SB's but just forgot.

It would be after the opening sequence, but you can fit one in earlier if you end up with 5 shards (if you're specced power trip for example). Currently using the cheese build described on the talents page I precast a shadowbolt, summon grimoire and doomguard, empower, then generate 2 shards and hand of guldan empower, then repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is a bit off topic, demo viable now what about in the grand scheme of things. When legion drops and we hit 110 is it going to be a sought after spec in raids? I mean all the time you're going to have to put into your artifact just to find out youre going to have to change specs. Again off topic and I apologize but who better to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guest Demodude said:

Question is a bit off topic, demo viable now what about in the grand scheme of things. When legion drops and we hit 110 is it going to be a sought after spec in raids? I mean all the time you're going to have to put into your artifact just to find out youre going to have to change specs. Again off topic and I apologize but who better to ask.

Doubtful with the current balance, however, I fully expect at least one tuning patch before Emerald Nightmare Mythic, so it's basically a coin flip at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not a macro or WeakAuras pro at all.

Is it possible to make a macro where everytime you summon a demon, that Demonic Empowerment is auto cast?

Does anyone have a weak aura that shows when Grimoire: Service (felguard) is off cooldown and can be cast again?  Or, if not a weak aura, what is the best addon to use to show that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xogo said:

Im not a macro or WeakAuras pro at all.

Is it possible to make a macro where everytime you summon a demon, that Demonic Empowerment is auto cast?

Does anyone have a weak aura that shows when Grimoire: Service (felguard) is off cooldown and can be cast again?  Or, if not a weak aura, what is the best addon to use to show that.

 

Both of these things are easily possible. I wouldn't recommend the former, however, as there are situations where you might not instantly empower your Doomguard (for example if you use Doomguard then Service, and empower both). 

To create a Weak Aura that shows when something is not of cooldown, create a new "Icon" aura in Weak Auras. Go to Triggers, then set the drop down from Aura to Status. Select "Cooldown Progress: Spell in one of the other drop down menus, then fill in "Grimoire: Felguard" in the open text field. At the bottom of the triggers page there should be a drop down menu for when to display the aura; select "On Cooldown". Then duplicate the Aura and instead select "Not On Cooldown" in the same drop down menu. Change whatever Display options you want to make them look pretty :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take Hand of Doom, then every time you cast Hand of Gul'dan, you end up refreshing Doom...so it never hits. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a completely new Warlock starting out on patch 3.0.7, I do not understand the Grimoire of Supremacy or why it is recommended (which may be because I do not understand it).

a) Does it offer TWO demons out, my standards and now the doomguard or infernal as well? that seems wrong, as that is neither passive, nor that close to the others (unless they are not doing that good of a DPS, but it's more a status symbol of "look at me I'm walking with two demons").

b) Does it mean I still control only one demon at a time, only that I can now choose between six demons? That would mean that they are so far better than the standard demons, to ignore taking the Grimoire of Service or the Grimoire of Synergy which are both a DPS bump over my standard original four demons.

c) Why is the  Grimoire of Supremacy described as good for leveling, partly at least due to it being passive? It is still "active" in that I have to call a demons. The true passive here is the Grimoire of Synergy which adds damage to me OR my demon as I go about leveling. And again, the Synergy offers a DPS boost that even for leveling is ignored in favour of the Supremacy. As a novice in Warlock, I feel I'm missing something here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Guest Alydar said:

If you take Hand of Doom, then every time you cast Hand of Gul'dan, you end up refreshing Doom...so it never hits. Am I missing something?

DoTs have a fixed tickrate regardless of how many times they are refreshed. For example, with my character's Haste level my Doom ticks after 14.8 seconds. It doesn't matter how many times I refresh it as it will still tick 14.8s after the original Doom is applied. As long as Doom doesn't fall of entirely, it will continue to tick every 14.8s regardless of how often Hand of Gul'dan refreshes the overall duration.

11 hours ago, Guest seePyou said:

As a completely new Warlock starting out on patch 3.0.7, I do not understand the Grimoire of Supremacy or why it is recommended (which may be because I do not understand it).

a) Does it offer TWO demons out, my standards and now the doomguard or infernal as well? that seems wrong, as that is neither passive, nor that close to the others (unless they are not doing that good of a DPS, but it's more a status symbol of "look at me I'm walking with two demons").

b) Does it mean I still control only one demon at a time, only that I can now choose between six demons? That would mean that they are so far better than the standard demons, to ignore taking the Grimoire of Service or the Grimoire of Synergy which are both a DPS bump over my standard original four demons.

c) Why is the  Grimoire of Supremacy described as good for leveling, partly at least due to it being passive? It is still "active" in that I have to call a demons. The true passive here is the Grimoire of Synergy which adds damage to me OR my demon as I go about leveling. And again, the Synergy offers a DPS boost that even for leveling is ignored in favour of the Supremacy. As a novice in Warlock, I feel I'm missing something here...

The guide only recommends Supremacy for leveling and quests. Your Doomguard or Infernal replaces your Felguard as your permanent demon. That's about as passive as it gets in World of Warcraft, so I'm a little confused as to how you perceive that as an active ability. It's the best choice for leveling because generally speaking sustained pack-to-pack damage is the most important thing while leveling, rather than burst damage (which is what Service and Synergy both provide in different forms). The infernal is also a very strong tanking pet which can be helpful while leveling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So regarding stats: Should we stack haste to a certain cap or just as much as possible? I read something about 30%? Sorry that I can't remember the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Asmaidos said:

So regarding stats: Should we stack haste to a certain cap or just as much as possible? I read something about 30%? Sorry that I can't remember the source.

Currently you stack as much as possible. In Legion it's possible that Haste will eventually hit a point where getting more does have as much immediate benefit as stacking more Mastery (this is with Legendaries as well), but we'll have to wait and see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Furty said:

Currently you stack as much as possible. In Legion it's possible that Haste will eventually hit a point where getting more does have as much immediate benefit as stacking more Mastery (this is with Legendaries as well), but we'll have to wait and see!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

so i found a way to cheese the rotation even more with the 4-piece and the trinket. set hand of doom for talent then go through demonic empowerment > instant shadow bolt > hand of guldan > repeat then mixing in grimoire, doomguard, and life tap as needed. this gets more imps per soul shard and manages to up my dps by about 5-10k on target dummy than just stacking 4 shards and then casting hand. Anyone else found this to be true?

Edited by manofthelaw3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Shadowflame a big dps boost with enough haste ? The first cast is a demonbolt with 10 demons, and each successive cast add almost adds 10 demons, and damage is increased by haste (if im not mistaken), while the instant shadow/demonbolt doesn't scale with haste that well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 4pc has been nerfed to 2%, down from 8%. It hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2016 at 8:59 PM, manofthelaw3 said:

so i found a way to cheese the rotation even more with the 4-piece and the trinket. set hand of doom for talent then go through demonic empowerment > instant shadow bolt > hand of guldan > repeat then mixing in grimoire, doomguard, and life tap as needed. this gets more imps per soul shard and manages to up my dps by about 5-10k on target dummy than just stacking 4 shards and then casting hand. Anyone else found this to be true?

This is in the guide :)

3 hours ago, Guest Nataku said:

The 4pc has been nerfed to 2%, down from 8%. It hurts.

Yep :( Doesn't change anything rotationally though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Furty said:

Yep :( Doesn't change anything rotationally though.

Are you sure? From my experience in todays raid single target dmg is better with Demonic Caling and Improved Dreadstalkers...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Bitterivy
      Praetorian Guard, established in early 2011, is a Horde guild on Khaz Modan - US looking to rebuild its ranks.  Looking for all classes/specs at the moment.  (Tanks, Healers, Melee DPS, and Ranged DPS.)  Plans for raiding after gearing up.  Raid times will be tailored to fit the core raiding team.
      Low level players welcome.  (Happy to help with content or questions.) 100 - 110 leveling help, gearing up, and world quest/daily gangs. Heroics, Mythics, and Raiding with enough geared players. PvP teams optional and separate from raiding. Guild bank with 7 tabs and guild repairs. Legacy raids, dungeons, and world events will be done for fun. Achievement runs, help with mount runs, and legendary quests will be available. Friendly environment and a no drama policy. Contact:
      GM: Bitterivy
      Battle.net: Bitterivy#1250
      Skype:  bitterfreakingivy
    • By Taveren
      Iron Genesis is recruiting Horde on Zul'jin for Mythic raiding. We are currently 4/7M EN. Rank 50 on Zul'jin.
       
      Openings: DPS (ranged preferred, melee considered); healers (resto shaman /disc priest preferred)
       
      We will clear mythic, and expect frequent attendance, flask/food/pots, knowledge of fights, etc. However, we are understanding, like to have a good time, and pretty laid back. We have weekly heroic EN clears for alts and clear ToV as well. We also run an excessive amount of mythic pluses all week long.
       
      If you are interested, please submit an application on our discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/jjaRJNM
       
      In your application include: battle tag/armory link/recent logs/prior guild info with reason for switch/bit of a bio and what you want from raiding. If you have any questions, feel free to include them in your application, or reach out to one of our recruiters:
       
      Taaveren - Taveren#1397
       
      Wildoer – Wildoer#1724
       
      Akeldama - Archon#1123
       
      Raid Times: 8:00PM EST - 11:30PM EST Raid Schedule: Tuesday/Thursday
       
      Here are our logs if you would like to take a
      look: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/reportslist/30922/
       
    • By mischievous
      Current Progression:
      T18 13/13M
      T19 7/7M, 3/3H
      Classes Needed:
      Shadow Priest
      Discipline Priest
      Hunter
      An Exceptional Tank
      Any Exceptional Healers
      Always looking for exceptional DPS of any class.
      Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      -9/hrs total
      -Tue/Wed/Thu - 8:45 to 11:45pm
      -Off night activities aplenty!
      -Note that we have an optional 4th raid day the first week of a new tier.
      Raid Info:
      -Loot Council (BDLC Addon)
      -1 alt Split Runs (first week or two of the tier)
      -Two to three week trial period
      -25 to 30 man roster w/ rotating bench
      -Competitive raid spots
      Who We Are:
      -Horde on Bleeding Hollow (Chicago Datacenter)
      -Progression Raiding
      -Emphasis on Efficiency
      -Sparkling Personalities
      -Adult Humor
      -Serious When It Counts
      What We Want:
      -Adults who raid simply because progression is fun
      -A history of raiding success with logs to back it up
      -Computer that doesn't choke in raids + reliable internet connection
      -A working mic and an owner who uses it appropriately
      -Skin thick enough to withstand our torture/commentary
      -Into post-raid cuddling on TS (social, does Mythic+ with us, etc.)
      Contacts:
      Esurient - GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Co-GM - amisti#1417
      Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      website to apply: shiftycasuals.wowlaunch.com
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Pirate Aggro Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Aggro Jade Shaman Gadgetzan Standard Deck.