FORUMS
Damien

Destruction Warlock 7.3

Nice guide, boss.  Looking forward to seeing the developments come.

Note: Rotation, Cooldowns and Abilities page, section 2.1, fire mage's Conflagration is linked instead of Conflagrate.

• Like 1

Guest Brusalk

I believe Havoc is actually affected by LoS now. Unsure about range.

7 hours ago, Sabriah said:

Note: Rotation, Cooldowns and Abilities page, section 2.1, fire mage's Conflagration is linked instead of Conflagrate.

I'll slap a fix, thanks.

Guest Scathbais

Great guide.  I believe Blizzard stated that they will be nerfing all WoD trinkets in the pre-patch notes, so those trinket rankings may change!

Guest Inferia

Really nice guide! But I`ve one  question respetice the opening sequence: How  should it  be  possible  to  pre-cast incinerate an immolate ahead pull?

Thanks for answers.

Guest Jetrel

How can we find the WoD guide? As Legion isn't out yet...this isn't really helping me as I'm currently levelling a Warlock

6 minutes ago, Guest Jetrel said:

How can we find the WoD guide? As Legion isn't out yet...this isn't really helping me as I'm currently levelling a Warlock

It's gone :( The pre-patch is live in the US and will be live in Europe tomorrow.

Guest Piphion

Just wondering if you can clear something up quick. On the 'Sat Priority' section you list Mastery as last, yet under the trinket recommendation you say to look for Haste and Mastery on gear?

27 minutes ago, Guest Piphion said:

Just wondering if you can clear something up quick. On the 'Sat Priority' section you list Mastery as last, yet under the trinket recommendation you say to look for Haste and Mastery on gear?

Heya, this is basically just because Haste and Mastery are the best stats if you plan on trying out multiple specs on the prepatch. If you plan on purely playing Destruction alone, focus on Haste and Crit only.

Guest Steve

How do you precast those spells?  I don't understand

37 minutes ago, Guest Steve said:

How do you precast those spells?  I don't understand

The same way you cast normally. Pre-cast simply means to cast before engaging in boss combat - the incineration spell, for example, has a long enough travel time that if you stand at max range from the boss it won't impact until the boss is pulled (assuming you follow the timings in the opening sequence correctly).

Why is mastery so bad? If you compare it to crit you get 1,5%dmg (for your spells only) out of mastery and some dmg reduce where you get 1%crit (you and your pet) and more dmg through chaos bolt. But at my test my pet only does ~15% from my total damage, so could at be that important? And event versatility should be better than mastery? What do i miss on my thoughts at mastery compared to crit and vers??

Guest dr anonymus

is rain of fire good again? played a few dungeons and lfrs to check patch but rain of fire doesnt seem to be any better (or i just suck :D )

7 hours ago, Tassa said:

Why is mastery so bad? If you compare it to crit you get 1,5%dmg (for your spells only) out of mastery and some dmg reduce where you get 1%crit (you and your pet) and more dmg through chaos bolt. But at my test my pet only does ~15% from my total damage, so could at be that important? And event versatility should be better than mastery? What do i miss on my thoughts at mastery compared to crit and vers??

It's extremely inconsistent, doesn't do as much for your Immolate, and doesn't scale with pets.

1 hour ago, Guest dr anonymus said:

is rain of fire good again? played a few dungeons and lfrs to check patch but rain of fire doesnt seem to be any better (or i just suck :D )

It's slightly better but you need a large stack of mobs for it to be worth the shard cost.

Guest Emptor

What about using Channel Demonfire as a single target ability how is its viability changed then?

Guest haste or mastery

so I read here that top stat is haste now? but on mr robot it says mastery now..so what is it?

12 hours ago, Guest Emptor said:

What about using Channel Demonfire as a single target ability how is its viability changed then?

Not at all, heavily outperformed by Conduit.

10 hours ago, Guest haste or mastery said:

so I read here that top stat is haste now? but on mr robot it says mastery now..so what is it?

Haste, as it says in the guide.

Guest Grido

When I use Drain Life in Destro make only dmg I don't understand why Drain Life doesn't heal me... Its any bug, or this spell is useless in Destro ?

Guest Grido

Sorry, all work...my mistake I tested DR to target dummy with 1/1 hp

Guest Jennifer

I have a question about servitude and sacrifice. Do we know which is better yet? In addition if using servitude is doomguard worth bringing out every 3 minutes or is spamming as many chaos bolts as possible a better idea?

3 hours ago, Guest Grido said:

When I use Drain Life in Destro make only dmg I don't understand why Drain Life doesn't heal me... Its any bug, or this spell is useless in Destro ?

This spell is pretty useless other than just for healing while questing, or if you're about to die.

2 hours ago, Guest Jennifer said:

I have a question about servitude and sacrifice. Do we know which is better yet? In addition if using servitude is doomguard worth bringing out every 3 minutes or is spamming as many chaos bolts as possible a better idea?

Can you clarify? If you're using Servitude, Doomguard is your permanent pet, so I'm confused what "every 3 minutes" has anything to do with your rotation. Generally speaking though, Sacrifice and Service are even in the prepatch depending on the encounter, while Servitude trails noticeably behind.

Guest Affides

How much haste and crit value should one aim for. Example I switch between gears before pre-patch for affl/destro. I tried to play with haste gear (10℅ crit, 32℅ haste, 98℅ Mastery) on mythic gorefeind. Looking at the logs I am thinking I was worse decision. Just need a ball park estimate

3 hours ago, Guest Affides said:

How much haste and crit value should one aim for. Example I switch between gears before pre-patch for affl/destro. I tried to play with haste gear (10℅ crit, 32℅ haste, 98℅ Mastery) on mythic gorefeind. Looking at the logs I am thinking I was worse decision. Just need a ball park estimate

As much as you can, as Haste is the best stat for all three Warlock specs.