Damien

Destruction Warlock 7.1

149 posts in this topic

Nice guide, boss.  Looking forward to seeing the developments come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: Rotation, Cooldowns and Abilities page, section 2.1, fire mage's Conflagration is linked instead of Conflagrate.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Havoc is actually affected by LoS now. Unsure about range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sabriah said:

Note: Rotation, Cooldowns and Abilities page, section 2.1, fire mage's Conflagration is linked instead of Conflagrate.

I'll slap a fix, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great guide.  I believe Blizzard stated that they will be nerfing all WoD trinkets in the pre-patch notes, so those trinket rankings may change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice guide! But I`ve one  question respetice the opening sequence: How  should it  be  possible  to  pre-cast incinerate an immolate ahead pull?

Thanks for answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can we find the WoD guide? As Legion isn't out yet...this isn't really helping me as I'm currently levelling a Warlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Guest Jetrel said:

How can we find the WoD guide? As Legion isn't out yet...this isn't really helping me as I'm currently levelling a Warlock

It's gone :( The pre-patch is live in the US and will be live in Europe tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if you can clear something up quick. On the 'Sat Priority' section you list Mastery as last, yet under the trinket recommendation you say to look for Haste and Mastery on gear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Guest Piphion said:

Just wondering if you can clear something up quick. On the 'Sat Priority' section you list Mastery as last, yet under the trinket recommendation you say to look for Haste and Mastery on gear?

Heya, this is basically just because Haste and Mastery are the best stats if you plan on trying out multiple specs on the prepatch. If you plan on purely playing Destruction alone, focus on Haste and Crit only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you precast those spells?  I don't understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Guest Steve said:

How do you precast those spells?  I don't understand

The same way you cast normally. Pre-cast simply means to cast before engaging in boss combat - the incineration spell, for example, has a long enough travel time that if you stand at max range from the boss it won't impact until the boss is pulled (assuming you follow the timings in the opening sequence correctly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is mastery so bad? If you compare it to crit you get 1,5%dmg (for your spells only) out of mastery and some dmg reduce where you get 1%crit (you and your pet) and more dmg through chaos bolt. But at my test my pet only does ~15% from my total damage, so could at be that important? And event versatility should be better than mastery? What do i miss on my thoughts at mastery compared to crit and vers??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is rain of fire good again? played a few dungeons and lfrs to check patch but rain of fire doesnt seem to be any better (or i just suck :D )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tassa said:

Why is mastery so bad? If you compare it to crit you get 1,5%dmg (for your spells only) out of mastery and some dmg reduce where you get 1%crit (you and your pet) and more dmg through chaos bolt. But at my test my pet only does ~15% from my total damage, so could at be that important? And event versatility should be better than mastery? What do i miss on my thoughts at mastery compared to crit and vers??

It's extremely inconsistent, doesn't do as much for your Immolate, and doesn't scale with pets.

 

1 hour ago, Guest dr anonymus said:

is rain of fire good again? played a few dungeons and lfrs to check patch but rain of fire doesnt seem to be any better (or i just suck :D )

It's slightly better but you need a large stack of mobs for it to be worth the shard cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about using Channel Demonfire as a single target ability how is its viability changed then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I read here that top stat is haste now? but on mr robot it says mastery now..so what is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guest Emptor said:

What about using Channel Demonfire as a single target ability how is its viability changed then?

Not at all, heavily outperformed by Conduit.

10 hours ago, Guest haste or mastery said:

so I read here that top stat is haste now? but on mr robot it says mastery now..so what is it?

Haste, as it says in the guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I use Drain Life in Destro make only dmg I don't understand why Drain Life doesn't heal me... Its any bug, or this spell is useless in Destro ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, all work...my mistake I tested DR to target dummy with 1/1 hp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about servitude and sacrifice. Do we know which is better yet? In addition if using servitude is doomguard worth bringing out every 3 minutes or is spamming as many chaos bolts as possible a better idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Grido said:

When I use Drain Life in Destro make only dmg I don't understand why Drain Life doesn't heal me... Its any bug, or this spell is useless in Destro ?

This spell is pretty useless other than just for healing while questing, or if you're about to die.

2 hours ago, Guest Jennifer said:

I have a question about servitude and sacrifice. Do we know which is better yet? In addition if using servitude is doomguard worth bringing out every 3 minutes or is spamming as many chaos bolts as possible a better idea?

Can you clarify? If you're using Servitude, Doomguard is your permanent pet, so I'm confused what "every 3 minutes" has anything to do with your rotation. Generally speaking though, Sacrifice and Service are even in the prepatch depending on the encounter, while Servitude trails noticeably behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much haste and crit value should one aim for. Example I switch between gears before pre-patch for affl/destro. I tried to play with haste gear (10℅ crit, 32℅ haste, 98℅ Mastery) on mythic gorefeind. Looking at the logs I am thinking I was worse decision. Just need a ball park estimate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Affides said:

How much haste and crit value should one aim for. Example I switch between gears before pre-patch for affl/destro. I tried to play with haste gear (10℅ crit, 32℅ haste, 98℅ Mastery) on mythic gorefeind. Looking at the logs I am thinking I was worse decision. Just need a ball park estimate

As much as you can, as Haste is the best stat for all three Warlock specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • Guest Daniel
      By Guest Daniel
      This thread is for comments about our Legendary Malygos Dragon Warlock Deck for TGT.
    • By Stan
      The latest build brings additional class changes and tuning, but they are not as big as those made in Patch 7.1.5's Build 23109.
      PTR Patch 7.1.5 Build 23178: Class Changes
      DEATH KNIGHT
      Sweeping Claws Vampiric Blood DEMON HUNTER
      Demon's Bite Mastery: Demonic Presence Talent Changes
      Chaos Blades Soul Barrier DRUID
      Moonkin Form Moonkin Form (Balance) Survival Instincts PvP Talent Changes
      Celestial Guardian Focused Growth Malorne's Swiftness HUNTER
      Bursting Shot Explosive Trap Flanking Strike Freezing Trap Harpoon Lacerate Tar Trap Waylay Talent Changes
      Butchery Caltrops Disengage Expert Trapper Guerilla Tactics Guerilla Tactics (Survival) Serpent Sting Snake Hunter Spitting Cobra Steady Focus Sticky Bomb MAGE
      Arcane Blast Arcane Explosion Talent Changes
      Arcane Explosion PvP Talent Changes
      Frozen Touch MONK
      Refreshing Breeze Talent Changes
      Dampen Harm Elusive Dance Gift of the Mists Mystic Vitality Ring of Peace Rushing Jade Wind Summon Black Ox Statue PvP Talent Changes
      Refreshing Breeze PALADIN
      Talent Changes
      Hand of the Protector PRIEST
      Mind Sear Vampiric Touch Shadow Word: Pain The situation of Shadow Priests in 7.1.5 is discussed in the Shadow Priest Changes Feedback on the official forums. It's an interesting read. Here's the latest post.
      Lore
      To clarify on the 18 seconds thing: The changes to Insanity drain are obviously an overall nerf to Surrender to Madness. That's intentional. We just disagree that it is proportionately more of a problem for lower-skilled players. If you weren't pushing Surrender past 100 stacks already anyway, the difference for you won't be as substantial. If anything, those players are likely to see an increase in duration of their non-Surrender Voidforms.

      That said, there's obviously a lot changing for Shadow in 7.1.5, and once things stabilize, we intend to take another look at the rate of Insanity drain to make sure things end up where they should be.

      Couple other notes for you: We're planning to increase Void Bolt's DoT extension to 3 seconds, up from 2. We're also increasing Shadow's damage across the board in the next build. (Source)
      Talent Changes
      Mind Bomb PvP Talent Changes
      Greater Fade Premonition Trinity ROGUE
      Feint Blind Talent Changes
      Gloomblade Prey on the Weak PvP Talent Changes
      Thick as Thieves SHAMAN
      Earthbind Totem PvP Talent Changes
      Control of Lava Spirit Link Thundercharge WARLOCK
      Seed of Corruption Pet Changes
      Firebolt Lash of Pain Shadow Bite Talent Changes
      Channel Demonfire Contagion Empowered Life Tap Grimoire of Synergy Haunt Malefic Grasp Sow the Seeds PvP Talent Changes
      Curse of Shadows WARRIOR
      Charge Intercept Revenge Shield Block Talent Changes
      Warbringer PvP Talent Changes
      War Banner
    • By Starym
      As you may know, one of the artifact appearance recolors is locked behind the final Legion archaeology achievement, This Side Up, which takes 16 weeks to finish and until yesterday it was not account-wide. As players finally unlocked the achievement and then went to alts to make use of it there as well, you can imagine the less-than-great revelation provoking quite an outcry.
      But luckily, within a day of complaints over it reaching reddit's frontpage a fix has appeared and the artifact appearance is now indeed account-wide! Hopefully when we finally finish Improving on History aka Balance of Power that appearance will also be available for alts.
      Thanks to Feywhelps for noticing, both when it wasn't and was working!       
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a semi-casual raiding guild.
      At this point in time we are trying to round out our roster and eventually attempt Mythic raids once we feel comfortable with our raid composition.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS.
      Legion Progression:
      [EN]    7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      [ToV]  3/3 Normal - 1/3 Heroic
      Contacts:
      Sodium#11394