FORUMS
Damien

Frost Death Knight 7.3

12 hours ago, Guest Rave said:

Thank you for your help!

No problem. Keep an eye out for future updates and comments here. If you have any other questions, just ask and I'll do my best :)

Guest machine gun build

I feel for you there.  I would usually use obliterate at opening to consume my runes asap and maximize the triggers of Frozen Pulse (incoming 7.1 change is a good buff for it too).  then just leave it with the usual rotation seen here afterwards.  At least that is how I envision the machine gun build would be (go gcd capped  and keep your runes consumed always and avoid Icy talons from falling off for the fun of it)

As for the Icecap vs Avalanche, its still the quantity vs quality debate.  Would still prefer icecap for quantity on this one for more uptime of str/frost damage bonus is hard to resist.

Closing note perhaps you can also add to wait for full stacks of razorice before popping Sindragosa's Fury

Anyway looking forward very much to the changes whether if it will overtake UH this time around hopefully.  Judgement day is coming Terminator: Rise of the machine gun build will hopefully a hit... pun intended

7 minutes ago, Guest machine gun build said:

Anyway looking forward very much to the changes whether if it will overtake UH this time around hopefully.  Judgement day is coming Terminator: Rise of the machine gun build will hopefully a hit... pun intended

It's still very early and we'll see how things pan out with actual raid performance, but currently, UH is still beating Frost in ST early sims.

I think the frost spe spe exceed the unholy dk come with Wednesday's maj. 
Great potential in multi who will complete a single non negligible up after 
I'm wrong and can be spe unholy dk remain ahead as always ^^

9 minutes ago, athe said:

I think the frost spe spe exceed the unholy dk come with Wednesday's maj. 
Great potential in multi who will complete a single non negligible up after 
I'm wrong and can be spe unholy dk remain ahead as always ^^

Currently, the first sims released show Frost losing to UH again. This might change in the logs after the patch however, so keep an eye on it all.

I currently use the spe unholy dk cert which is more powerful than the frost burst in but 
I could test the spe spe currently frost frost is really powerful on the target multi 
but did not further on between mono 50k and 80k of gap. 
Having also bring up the look by Maj mercredie I could see a big increase in multi damage 
but also with mono and obliterate frost hits. After it did on paper.

Guest Svenrad

I don't get why the guide says that you need to watch out for Rime Procs but the rotation soed only include Frostscythe.. there is no obliterate so there are no Rime Procs

14 minutes ago, Guest Svenrad said:

I don't get why the guide says that you need to watch out for Rime Procs but the rotation soed only include Frostscythe.. there is no obliterate so there are no Rime Procs

I believe it is there due to the chance of people taking the Obliteration talent, if they wish.

The guide will most likely see an update shortly to reflect all the possible class changes. I have already reported the problem with Obliterate, it has been noted and hence why we have added the note about renewing Frozen Fever.

Obliterate has now been added to the rotation, further to reports of it being missing. Thanks for letting us know everyone!

Guest Nakuii

Now u missed the rime procc in the rotation :-D

I hope i didnt create a double post.

Greetz Nakuii

17 minutes ago, Guest Nakuii said:

Now u missed the rime procc in the rotation :-D

This is intentional. Currently, you should ignore the Rime procs.

Please note, the entirety of this build is still VERY new. It was already undergoing testing to see what performs best and the latest changes have only added to the work required.

As of right now, ignore Rime and follow the priority. Please keep an eye out for future updates in case things do change again.

5 minutes ago, Guest Nakuii said:

ah good to know and thanks for your fast answers! :-)

No problem! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Guest ProdigyLoy

Just wanted some clarification. Since obliterate is on a higher priority than frostscythe, if we have 1 full rune and we took frozen pulse, should we wait for another rune to do obliterate or frostscythe so all runes are on CD assuming theres no km proc? Or is obliterate there simply because it uses 2 runes so we can empty our runes as quickly as possibly?

Guest Pretzel

I love the build, this is what I was using before the hotfix as well, it just seemed to hit harder after spending some time on the dummy. I think this plus the buffs are going to at least put frost in a usable state again =)

11 hours ago, Guest ProdigyLoy said:

Just wanted some clarification. Since obliterate is on a higher priority than frostscythe, if we have 1 full rune and we took frozen pulse, should we wait for another rune to do obliterate or frostscythe so all runes are on CD assuming theres no km proc? Or is obliterate there simply because it uses 2 runes so we can empty our runes as quickly as possibly?

You spend the rune immediately on Scythe due to Frozen Pulse. 

6 hours ago, Guest Pretzel said:

I love the build, this is what I was using before the hotfix as well, it just seemed to hit harder after spending some time on the dummy. I think this plus the buffs are going to at least put frost in a usable state again =)

Fingers crossed that it can perform in the raid. The initial sims were slightly depressing!

Guest Solidus

Frostscythe and Glacial Advance? Are you guys serious? I would suggest my fellow frost dks to find another guide, or better yet find the best comb themselves.

You know, i followed this post more like a guideline when legion launched, about stats and talents. When around 840 i started noticing that the "rotation" was messy and extremelly weak, going for 230-50k single target. Changed a few key talents, rearranged my stats and rotation, and a bam. A burst of 500-600k and 320k end, maybe a bit more on non-moving bosses.(Numbers are from EN normal) And that was before the boost.

Guest NeoCG
6 hours ago, Guest Solidus said:

Frostscythe and Glacial Advance? Are you guys serious? I would suggest my fellow frost dks to find another guide, or better yet find the best comb themselves.

You know, i followed this post more like a guideline when legion launched, about stats and talents. When around 840 i started noticing that the "rotation" was messy and extremelly weak, going for 230-50k single target. Changed a few key talents, rearranged my stats and rotation, and a bam. A burst of 500-600k and 320k end, maybe a bit more on non-moving bosses.(Numbers are from EN normal) And that was before the boost.

Would be nice of you to tell us about your keytalents and rotation so we can try it out =)

Guest arthasmenethil
6 hours ago, Guest Solidus said:

logs or it didnt happen

9 hours ago, Guest Solidus said:

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. I'd love to see your superior build demonstrated in a few logs, please feel free to post them here so that myself, our writers and our moderators can take a look.

I look forward to seeing this excellent build, it sounds like it's going to be game changing for Frost DKs everywhere!

7 hours ago, Guest Andjoh said:

Will the machingun rotation still be the way to go?

Yes, I believe so. 

8 hours ago, athe said:
the update is effective or not yet I have seen no change on spells of frost dk

Yes, it is. The rotation is now updated to perform as an MG build.