FORUMS
Damien

Frost Death Knight 7.3

5 hours ago, Guest Spektro said:

I don't understand what you put on "stats priority" innp obliveration, can you be more specific? Really nice guide btw, greetings!

Where are you seeing this?

On 19.1.2017 at 0:00 PM, Guest Icyveins said:

Any chance we can get a BIS list of nighthold trinkets, or at least a paragraph about which trinkets we should be going after?

Guest abr

The Tier 19 Set Bonuses (both 2 and 4-piece) are valuable for Frost Death Knights (especially if using the Breath of Sindragosa Icon Breath of Sindragosa tier 7 talent).

So our T19 Set bonuses are useful, wow, what insight.

@Sylvannah1990 This should be coming very soon! I can't do much more than just apologise about the delay, I'm sorry! I've already put in a note about it to the writer/reviewer. 

5 hours ago, Stopitdad said:

Both BoS and Obliteration builds have the same stat weights?

2 hours ago, Guest abr said:

So our T19 Set bonuses are useful, wow, what insight.

I mean, there are classes that the set bonuses aren't worth gearing for. Regardless, there should be more information coming soon. Sorry for the delay!

14 hours ago, Blainie said:

Totally skipped over the separate sections, apologies!

Also, it seems to be an oversight but Chains of the Valorous (Odyn) seemed to not make the cut for the trinket list. I have an 880 with Versa and it sims far and away above any other trinkets I have.

Can you post the full image (or source for it) for the trinket simulation ? wanna see the low level ones ! IS the table for BoS and MG build ?

Hello.

I have 2 Questions regarding the BOS specc:

First is it viable to use Remorseless Winter even when fighting ST? I find it very hard if not sometimes impossible to keep the 10 stacks up into my next RW even while my breath is up. 

Second, are you sure about those Stat Priorities? If I Sim for 1 or 2 Targets Versatility is the highest (I do have to admit I do not have any vers on my DK but that should not matter?) and looking at DKs with high logs they dont seem to go above 30% Crit (plus EoC) and then stack Haste... it is a little hard to figure out with the buggy armory. What is your opinion on that?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Däzzle/advanced

Haha, I told you Freezing Fog might be useful, @Blainie :D

Anyway, I'm having a real hard time believing those trinket sims, unless they were done for the Obli build. There is no way on Earth CoF is worse than Horn of Valor. Even after the nerf. 

Also, does Perseverance become the strongest legendary after T19 2P? Or even before that? I've noticed that Howling Blast does a very hefty amount of my damage, being beaten only by Breath but is it really stronger than Torvaron's for Obli or Koltira's for BoS build?

First is it viable to use Remorseless Winter even when fighting ST? I find it very hard if not sometimes impossible to keep the 10 stacks up into my next RW even while my breath is up. 

Yes, even without the legendary helm. Try to time your RW usage with about 3 runes off cd. Rime procs count as 1 rune, interestingly enough.

Edited by Draylock
Expanding
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2017 at 3:56 AM, Blainie said:

I'm actually not sure. Will double check with the writer/reviewer.

Maybe because of Rime procs?

On 1/21/2017 at 9:29 PM, Stopitdad said:

Totally skipped over the separate sections, apologies!

Also, it seems to be an oversight but Chains of the Valorous (Odyn) seemed to not make the cut for the trinket list. I have an 880 with Versa and it sims far and away above any other trinkets I have.

No worries, glad that you found what you needed :) As for the trinket list, I'll put in a request concerning them. 

On 1/21/2017 at 9:33 PM, Nique said:

The T19 Setbonuses, the new artetraits everything for the sake of BoS.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

On 1/22/2017 at 5:26 AM, Kulnazz said:

Can you post the full image (or source for it) for the trinket simulation ? wanna see the low level ones ! IS the table for BoS and MG build ?

I don't think the low item level trinkets are going to change much for you - you can see the comparison between trinkets here on the same item level. Nothing will change if they are 850, 870 or 900, as long as they are the same ilvl.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:53 PM, Draylock said:

Anyway, I'm having a real hard time believing those trinket sims, unless they were done for the Obli build. There is no way on Earth CoF is worse than Horn of Valor. Even after the nerf. 

It does seem like the sims are Obli-specific, but I'll double check!

On 1/24/2017 at 9:53 PM, Draylock said:

Also, does Perseverance become the strongest legendary after T19 2P? Or even before that? I've noticed that Howling Blast does a very hefty amount of my damage, being beaten only by Breath but is it really stronger than Torvaron's for Obli or Koltira's for BoS build?

It is, for sure, regardless of tier bonus.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:30 PM, NeoCG said:

Yep, it is.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:30 PM, NeoCG said:

Second, are you sure about those Stat Priorities? If I Sim for 1 or 2 Targets Versatility is the highest (I do have to admit I do not have any vers on my DK but that should not matter?) and looking at DKs with high logs they dont seem to go above 30% Crit (plus EoC) and then stack Haste... it is a little hard to figure out with the buggy armory. What is your opinion on that?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Däzzle/advanced

Stat priorities change for different people. Your sims will always show something different than the priority because you have your own personal gear set. Keep in mind also that specific weights can constantly change - for example, you could sim yourself, get results, then change one gem and get completely different results after another sim. They are incredibly fluid, while we are trying to provide a general setup that anyone can aim for stat-wise.

19 hours ago, IVaccount said:

Maybe because of Rime procs?

That does make sense, actually. Will get a confirmation.

9 hours ago, Norumu said:

Hey there! Small note - the description of the Icecap talent on builds and talent guide page is missing the fact that it applies to Frost Strike critical strikes as well, alongside Frostscythe and Obliterate. :)

Will get it fixed, thanks!

Macro related question:

How can I combine BoS and Arcane Torrent into 1 button? Specifically, so that I don't turn off BoS by spamming the button or cannot use Arcane Torrent until BoS is up? So far I've tried the following: 

1) /castsequence reset=120 Breath of Sindragosa, Arcane Torrent

2) /castsequence reset=120 Arcane Torrent, Breath of Sindragosa

3) /castsequence reset=120 Breath of Sindragosa
   /castsequence reset=120 Arcane Torrent

So far none of the above has given me the result I want. Either Arcane Torrent can be cast prematurely or BoS turns off.

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, Draylock said:

Macro related question:

I'll be honest, I'm pretty terrible with the macro-side of things, so I'm hoping someone else might be able to help you. If not, you could try asking on the UI forum?

On 2/9/2017 at 3:37 AM, Draylock said:

Macro related question:

How can I combine BoS and Arcane Torrent into 1 button? Specifically, so that I don't turn off BoS by spamming the button or cannot use Arcane Torrent until BoS is up? So far I've tried the following: 

1) /castsequence reset=120 Breath of Sindragosa, Arcane Torrent

2) /castsequence reset=120 Arcane Torrent, Breath of Sindragosa

3) /castsequence reset=120 Breath of Sindragosa
   /castsequence reset=120 Arcane Torrent

So far none of the above has given me the result I want. Either Arcane Torrent can be cast prematurely or BoS turns off.

Thanks!

You'll want to add [nochanneling] in some moves that break BoS. (If you have them macro bound), otherwise I've found that /cast [combat] !Breath of Sindragosa to work also.

In the case of arcane torrent, /cast [nochanneling] arcane torrent should work on a second line, that is if arcane torrent is off the GCD.

Have a play with it and you'll be able to deduce what's breaking it. (Remember pressing it a second time does cancel BoS)

4 hours ago, backflipko said:

You'll want to add [nochanneling] in some moves that break BoS. (If you have them macro bound), otherwise I've found that /cast [combat] !Breath of Sindragosa to work also.

Thanks for helping with that backflip!