FORUMS
Damien

Fury Warrior 7.3

On 10/26/2016 at 2:07 PM, Guest Guest Galahedron said:

Do you have a recommended 13-trait path for Fury as an alt spec? I main as a prot warrior but I'd like to have a DPS spec as backup.

I would recommend just following the path listed, especially since you will reach a point where Artifact Knowledge allows you to plough through a full trait in 1 AP item.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2016 at 11:51 AM, Rancour said:

1. Is Raging Blow used over every other spell no matter what, I've notice through logs that my usage is down from other Fury warriors,      but I've been casting Rampage on CD when not already Enraged over Raging Blow. Is this correct, or should I Raging Blow then Rampage so that Raging Blow comes off CD during the Enraged created by Rampage.

You will prioritise using Rampage over RB. You are correct.

On 10/28/2016 at 11:51 AM, Rancour said:

2 . There has been a few time when Bloodthirst has proc Enrage about 4 times in a row which keeps my rage bar at 100% all the time through Enraged. Should I cast a rampage at 100% no matter what to start building rage again or let it sit  until Enraged has finished so I can then go straight back into an Enraged State.

If you are at 100 rage, you pop Rampage immediately. Wasted rage is a big issue for DPS.

On 10/28/2016 at 3:18 PM, Guest Mizote said:

I seek weakauras for the warrior fury 7.1

If you need WAs, I would recommend going to wago.io. It has a huge amount of WAs that you can use.

13 hours ago, Guest Hellsclaw said:

Is there any change to get a Trinket BiS list which is much more detailed than this list. Last addon the list was much more better, because the linked function?

What do you mean? The list that we have currently shows a comparison between every trinket at 860, as well as giving an idea on numerical differences rather than a simple list of 1,2,3,4.

Guest Buzzbrah

So I recently came across a Mythic 7 Titanforge Hunger of the Pack 870, my current alternative trinkets are 850 chrono shard and 855 Momento of Angerboda. I do have the Eye of command at 865 that I believe is currently not in the rotation to be swapped given my 3 examples. I ran a few dummy tests and the 870 came out on top with a much higher crit rating across he board, obviously. I know there is a trinket sim list, due to drastic ilvl difference is there anyway to tell which is better. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Buzzbrah/simple

im also currently using Noxxic Pawn, I probably should change it. Any advice is welcome. 

On 11/4/2016 at 2:34 PM, Guest Buzzbrah said:

im also currently using Noxxic Pawn, I probably should change it. Any advice is welcome. 

Bit late here, but Pawn sucks for trinkets. SimulationCraft is the most reliable way to compare them, honestly. Just swap the trinkets in different sims and find the best combo.

Hello, so i have a question about the Fury Warrior rotation.

If Bloodthirst has a 1 second cd and Raging blow is up should i use it or wait to cast Bloodthirst first ? ( and if it has 2 sec cd and Raging blow is up should i still wait ?)

And if Odyn's Fury is up and Battle cry is on a 10 seconds cd should i also use it or wait to cast Battle cry first ? ( and if it has 20 sec cd should i also wait? )

And what about if Dragon roar is on cd and Odyn's fury is up how many seconds should i wait ?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, HellTraveler said:

Hello, so i have a question about the Fury Warrior rotation.

If Bloodthirst has a 1 second cd and Raging blow is up should i use it or wait to cast Bloodthirst first ? ( and if it has 2 sec cd and Raging blow is up should i still wait ?)

And if Odyn's Fury is up and Battle cry is on a 10 seconds cd should i also use it or wait to cast Battle cry first ? ( and if it has 20 sec cd should i also wait? )

And what about if Dragon roar is on cd and Odyn's fury is up how many seconds should i wait ?

Thanks.

You should be using Raging Blow on CD regardless, you will get a cast if Bloodthirst triggers Enrage regardless, but if you wait could potentially delay a cast.

Odyn's Fury should always be synced with Battle Cry due to the crit and the additional damage dealt during Battle Cry from the artifact, so delaying is ideal.

Dragon's Roar should ideally be delayed slightly if it will not be ready for the next BC/OF combo to stop the situation you mentioned happening, as you do not want to delay either BC or OF.

• Like 1

Guest Daruk85

I hate to be nag but  .........

3. Stat Choice

The current Havoc stat priority is as follows when using this build:

1. Haste;
  2. Mastery;
  3. Strength;
  4. Versatility;
  5. Critical Strike.

Um... Why is this in Fury Easy Mode guide???

16 hours ago, Guest Daruk85 said:

I hate to be nag but  .........

3. Stat Choice

The current Havoc stat priority is as follows when using this build:

1. Haste;
  2. Mastery;
  3. Strength;
  4. Versatility;
  5. Critical Strike.

Um... Why is this in Fury Easy Mode guide???

The stat priority is correct, it was a typo on my part when importing the template for the page layout, I've corrected this and should hopefully be changed asap, just the intro lingering, so my apologies.

Guest Diosbejgli

Hey, this is a great guide. It helped me a lot. Thank you for your time putting it together.
I have two questions:

1. Is this guide still relevant in the current patch? There weren't any big changes, just wanted to double check.

2. When I cast Rampage and get Enrage, should I wait casting Bloodthirst until after the Enrage expires? This way the potential crit from BT doesn't overwrite the Enrage from Rampage. However, wouldn't that be loss of rage that I could get out of keeping BT on cooldown?

Thank you again for this guide, it is very well put together and organized. 

2 hours ago, Guest Diosbejgli said:

1. Is this guide still relevant in the current patch? There weren't any big changes, just wanted to double check.

It should be, yes! Wordup does a great job keeping things up to date, so I would say you can rely on everything here :)

2 hours ago, Guest Diosbejgli said:

2. When I cast Rampage and get Enrage, should I wait casting Bloodthirst until after the Enrage expires? This way the potential crit from BT doesn't overwrite the Enrage from Rampage. However, wouldn't that be loss of rage that I could get out of keeping BT on cooldown?

This is covered in the ST-Rotation list. Take a look at where points 3 and 8 are.

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Guest Tabernackle

Good morning and happy Patch Day!

I was hoping to get some opinions/reasoning behind a couple of the changes to the Talent Guide. Specifically the promotion of Frothing Berserker/Reckless Abandon as the preferred talents in their respective tiers. 

The combination does synergize well. I get that. But here are the benefits for this combo: 15% increased damage for 6 sec and 100% crit chance for 7 sec every 60 seconds (that's a little less than 12% uptime on this burst window). Aside from stats, it's an instant burst window without any effort of lining things up (just have to use Battle Cry).

The opposing choice, keeping Dragon Roar and Massacre/Carnage. This results in: 16% increased damage for 6 sec (essentially the same buff as Frothing Berserker) but occurs every 25 sec (24% uptime), and back down to 5 sec Battle Cry window (8.5% uptime on 60 sec CD). And the benefits of either Carnage or Massacre, depending on your build preference.

Just on paper, Dragon Roar still seems a significantly better burst option than Frothing Berserker due to it's drastically higher uptime. Lining up windows with Dragon Roar & Battle Cry is not difficult since it's off the GCD and can just be macroed with something. The additional 2 sec of Battle Cry does ensure 1 or 2 additional attacks, which would increase Enrage uptime if you get in an additional Bloodthirst. But I'm not seeing how that offsets the benefits of Massacre or Carnage.

That's assuming no specific legendaries or set bonuses. I think the gap becomes even greater with T19 bonuses. With the 4pc bumping Enrage to 5.5 sec, I would think Carnage becomes extremely powerful. Gaining 70 rage every 5.5-6 sec is not that difficult, which would result in near 100% Enrage uptime. Since maximizing Enrage uptime is the core purpose of the spec, I would imagine that would be the premier choice. 

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Guest Tabernackle said:

I was hoping to get some opinions/reasoning behind a couple of the changes to the Talent Guide. Specifically the promotion of Frothing Berserker/Reckless Abandon as the preferred talents in their respective tiers. 

The combination does synergize well. I get that. But here are the benefits for this combo: 15% increased damage for 6 sec and 100% crit chance for 7 sec every 60 seconds (that's a little less than 12% uptime on this burst window). Aside from stats, it's an instant burst window without any effort of lining things up (just have to use Battle Cry).

The opposing choice, keeping Dragon Roar and Massacre/Carnage. This results in: 16% increased damage for 6 sec (essentially the same buff as Frothing Berserker) but occurs every 25 sec (24% uptime), and back down to 5 sec Battle Cry window (8.5% uptime on 60 sec CD). And the benefits of either Carnage or Massacre, depending on your build preference.

Just on paper, Dragon Roar still seems a significantly better burst option than Frothing Berserker due to it's drastically higher uptime. Lining up windows with Dragon Roar & Battle Cry is not difficult since it's off the GCD and can just be macroed with something. The additional 2 sec of Battle Cry does ensure 1 or 2 additional attacks, which would increase Enrage uptime if you get in an additional Bloodthirst. But I'm not seeing how that offsets the benefits of Massacre or Carnage.

That's assuming no specific legendaries or set bonuses. I think the gap becomes even greater with T19 bonuses. With the 4pc bumping Enrage to 5.5 sec, I would think Carnage becomes extremely powerful. Gaining 70 rage every 5.5-6 sec is not that difficult, which would result in near 100% Enrage uptime. Since maximizing Enrage uptime is the core purpose of the spec, I would imagine that would be the premier choice. 

Tagging @wordup to take a look. 

2 hours ago, Guest Tabernackle said:

Frothing Berserker uptime is somewhere in the region of 50-60% depending on optimisation which puts it at a massive advantage over Massacre on top of being more consistent by not leaning too heavily into the Execute window. When it comes to Reckless Abandon vs. Dragon Roar, Reckless Abandon has no global cooldown commitment.

Comparing Dragon Roar to Frothing Berserker seems like a moot point given they are on separate tiers and as such have different things to compete against, but I assume here you meant to say Reckless Abandon. The benefit of the instant on demand Rage coupled with how strong Battle Cry is as a cooldown (also bearing in mind that Battle Cry is generally assumed at a 50 second cooldown and not 60 when discussing things here due to the artifact) and that it will guarantee Frothing Berserker to be active when going into a window can't be understanded.

Dragon Roar on the other hand doesn't do this, requires a Global Cooldown and prior Rage setup beforehand to capitalise upon whilst only really interacting with Battle Cry itself, the use in between is not really as valuable. Last but not least, remember as well that 2 additional seconds of Battle Cry is 2 additional seconds of Unrivaled Strength being active (15% more damage under Battle Cry) to go with those swings, that Dragon Roar will not have. The difference in simulations between both of these talents is somewhere in the region of 5-10% from what I can discern, which is a massive gap when considering these two talent choices.

When it comes to inserting the 4pc, Carnage again loses out because increasing the duration of Enrage increases the duration of time you are attacking faster, building up Rage generation and getting back to 100 to refresh Frothing Berserker, which again has a big impact comparative to Carnage.

Guest Weakends

Hi, I just have a question regarding the Fury rotation with the Frothing/Reckless Abandon build. Do you always cap 100 rage to proc FB and then spend to maximize the uptime? I just dont want to misunterstand they playstyle. Thank you for your reponse.

Guest Jakco

Hello, 

Very good guide, thanks for putting your time into it. 

In the stat priority list crit ranks lowest. You don't recommend some crit to prevent enrage downtime? 

And crit also increases the viability of the massacre talent, even though we get a bit of crit on execute through the artifact tree. 

Guest obanas

so with frosting berserker should i bother using execute even when enraged? it would delay reaching 100 rage faster and getting damage buff. also if i would try to keep juggernaut stacks up w/o masacre enrage uptime would be really low as well right?

Guest Silencio

Hey everyone and happy patch day,

does anyone know about new stats priority weight after reworking secondary stats? Is there any theory crafting avialable? It cant stay the same since we need more secondary stat to get 1 point of rating. Strength should be in charge. But i would like to know some approximate numbers. 

I dont speak about stat priority ofc. Its still the same. Previous item without haste was worse then 15ilvl lower item with haste on it.

Thank you in advance for your reply

9 hours ago, Guest Weakends said:

Hi, I just have a question regarding the Fury rotation with the Frothing/Reckless Abandon build. Do you always cap 100 rage to proc FB and then spend to maximize the uptime? I just dont want to misunterstand they playstyle. Thank you for your reponse.

Yeah, you will always push for 100 before spending.

8 hours ago, Guest Jakco said:

In the stat priority list crit ranks lowest. You don't recommend some crit to prevent enrage downtime? 

No, because Haste is basically just more reliable Crit. To put it into an example, you could have 30% crit and, technically, never crit Bloodthirst, ever. It's possible.

30% Haste on the other hand will benefit every second of your gameplay, since it is 100% reliable rage generation for every point you have. Crit just isn't worth it since the introduction of Rampage.

1 hour ago, Guest obanas said:

so with frosting berserker should i bother using execute even when enraged? it would delay reaching 100 rage faster and getting damage buff. also if i would try to keep juggernaut stacks up w/o masacre enrage uptime would be really low as well right?

You can execute when enraged during your "spend" phase, if you're not using Massacre. 

13 minutes ago, Guest Silencio said:

does anyone know about new stats priority weight after reworking secondary stats?

Basically the only way of knowing accurate numbers for this is to sim your own character.