FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vexosis

Backdraft Question

Hello, I just recently started playing a Destro Warlock and I had a question about Backdraft. I need some kind of visual as to know when its up and possibly how many charges it has without having to look at my buff window. I use ElvUI and I really dont want to download a big aura manager just for one ability but its not out of the question.

Mostly, I just want something along the lines of backlash with the flame above my avatar but possibly to the side or the bottom. Anyone happen to know of any good addons or tricks to help with that?

Weakauras is a very powerful add-on for creating custom icons and visuals. Check it out. There are good tutorials on YouTube and we can help you if you need further help. What you're asking for can all be done fairly easily!

Weakauras is a very powerful add-on for creating custom icons and visuals. Check it out. There are good tutorials on YouTube and we can help you if you need further help. What you're asking for can all be done fairly easily!

Thanks for the reply! I just happened upon it after posting this thread and ive been messing with it. I created an icon to pop up while its active, im trying to work on a visual that cascades as stacks disappear but so far i'm happy with what it does.

Ya I was happy with a 50x50 icon that popped up with the stack count in the middle of the icon. Got the job done for me. If you want different sized icons or whatever (not sure what you mean by cascading) you'll probably need 3 different icons that trigger at different stacks. It could be useful to have one icon that shows 3+ stacks of backdraft that is fairly large/obnoxious so that you're sure not to be casting chaos bolts while you see it and have another smaller, less obtrusive icon for when you're under 3 stacks.

Good luck! I love customizing things with weakauras Posted Image

Thanks for the reply! I just happened upon it after posting this thread and ive been messing with it. I created an icon to pop up while its active, im trying to work on a visual that cascades as stacks disappear but so far i'm happy with what it does.

I've been using weakauras to track backdraft by placing a simple count next to my cast bar. It's clean and efficient without some extra icon cluttering up the screen. It's become second nature just to see the number and know how many casts I have to use up before CB.