FORUMS
Damien

Protection Warrior 7.3

On 11/2/2016 at 3:27 AM, Guest madhausk said:

Could anyone post stat weight? Really confusing with all the changes. Thank you :)

As I said above, the only way to get reliable stat weights is to sim yourself using ETMI/TMI/Dummy sims and then average the weights, essentially.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:21 PM, Ballharder said:

The misinformation provided is appalling.  Healing for 6% of your max health every few seconds is not "way too low to be useful for raids."  Some numbers for perspective: in our last mythic Ursoc kill, my IP absorbed ~49m damage and my bracers healed me for ~18.5m.  The bracers are insanely good.

Can you link to the log, if you have it? It helps me when relaying information to the writers/reviewers to have as much information as possible.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:20 AM, Guest guest prot said:

Hello guyz are you agree with the Noxxis Weight ?

Stamina [12.07] > Strength [9.07] > Haste [7.57] > Versatility [6.82] > Mastery [6.07] > Crit [4.57]

They look ok for me except the stamina quite huge. What do you think ?

I don't want to say yes or no to this, because, essentially I have no idea how they calculated this. It's also worth noting that general weights will never be perfectly correct for your character. For example, if you look at our priority, Haste is top until 25-30%. Let's say your character has 32% Haste, the weight from Noxxic will be completely wrong for you, since it tells you to continue stacking Haste.

6 hours ago, Guest Buzzbrah said:

I also have this complication with legendaries where I have the wrists, which I love and entirely underrated, the ring and boots. 

Do you by any chance have a log of yourself raiding with the bracers? I'm trying to collect data for feedback on them and I need logs from anyone that has them!

Guest Mucuroz
On 11/11/2016 at 10:14 PM, Blainie said:

Do you by any chance have a log of yourself raiding with the bracers? I'm trying to collect data for feedback on them and I need logs from anyone that has them!

This isn't the best representation since they were wipes, but i have the bracers with the gloves in these logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PtmwfbLNAKyqagkp/#type=healing&fight=2

I do have a question,

this guide suggests the following: 

The stat priority for a Protection Warrior is:

1. Strength;
  2. Haste (up to 25-30%);
  3. Versatility >= Mastery;
  4. Critical Strike.

but I found that Simcraft suggests a totally different stat distribution.

My stats right now are:

• Strength: 25.446
  • Stamina: 58.850
  • Armor: 6526
  • Mastery ---> 59%
  • Haste ----------> 19%
  • Crit ---------------> 10%
  • Versatility ---------> 4%

and my Pawn String still looks like this:

Armor > Mastery > Vers > Haste ~= Str > Crit > Sta

(Strength=4.35, Stamina=-0.18, CritRating=1.69, HasteRating=4.36, MasteryRating=5.88, Versatility=5.07, Armor=13.70)

My Simcraft settings are fairly standard, the only thing I changed is my "enemy"

-> 1 Enemy TMI Standard Boss (T19N)

The other thing thats kind of weird is that Treckie/Trecktor 

This guide has been reviewed and approved by Treckie, one of the best tanks in the world, who raids in Nihilum. You can watch his stream on Twitch and you can follow him on Twitter.

doesnt seem to follow this guide as his setup is faily equal to mine (except he does have the big versatility enchants and stones and thus more versatility overall)

So the big question now is: Why is this the case? Is it now Haste or Mastery to go for first because I'm really confused by now.

Or is there a different Simcraft Setting (enemy type) that I should simulate (although a standard T19 boss seems pretty ok to me)??

On 11/21/2016 at 7:09 PM, Guest madjay said:

are you going to update gear for kara and tov?

You will most likely see an update in the very near future for the release of 7.1.5! :)

On 12/22/2016 at 10:46 PM, Alkahna said:

So the big question now is: Why is this the case? Is it now Haste or Mastery to go for first because I'm really confused by now.

What are you weighting your stats over? That could be the issue. If it is weighted over DPS, it will be trying to give you stat weights on what will give you the biggest DPS output boost. 

On 27.12.2016 at 7:38 PM, Blainie said:

What are you weighting your stats over? That could be the issue. If it is weighted over DPS, it will be trying to give you stat weights on what will give you the biggest DPS output boost. 

Im weighting over DTPS not DPS thats the correct setting isn't it?

On 1/1/2017 at 9:55 PM, Alkahna said:

Im weighting over DTPS not DPS thats the correct setting isn't it?

That's correct, yeah. The only other thing I can imagine is that SimC isn't treating 25-30% as a solid "breakpoint". It is instead seeing a small amount of Haste as a barely needed increase, if that makes sense? Stat weights are what is most required if you add 1 point of that stat. As soon as you add 1 point, it changes. So currently, it might be that 1 point of Haste isn't as important. If you could add enough to hit 25%, it might start prioritising it more. 

Guest Yambo

Okay, I am completely new to wow.

Can anyone explain to me (for dummies) what " Versatility >= Mastery " means?

20 hours ago, Guest Yambo said:

Okay, I am completely new to wow.

Can anyone explain to me (for dummies) what " Versatility >= Mastery " means?

It essentially means that the two stats are interchangeable. There is so little difference between the two that you can effectively take either in an upgrade, but technically, Versatility is better.

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Guest Badjer

So for a customized stats and worth for the pawn addon what would you put in for worth for stength, Haste, mastery,versatility, crit??

Guest TheDust

In the plain text of the BIS Page Prydaz is stated to give a 15% lifepool based absorb shield. This is no longer the case as of 7.1.5.

Also the passage about "knowing when it will come up..." sounds much like its a leftover from the 7.1 effect and maybe could need a rephrase, since that totally confushizzled me.

Thanks for reading.

On 1/28/2017 at 8:31 AM, Guest Badjer said:

So for a customized stats and worth for the pawn addon what would you put in for worth for stength, Haste, mastery,versatility, crit??

In honesty, I can't really give general weights that will definitely work for you. The issue is, you can't really 100% prove that a stat weight is correct for tanks. It's often better to just follow the priority and, most of the time, take higher item level gear unless you are swapping BiS stats to your lowest possible stats.

Also, don't stack Haste over 100% SB uptime (unlikely to do so anyway).

On 1/30/2017 at 8:27 AM, Guest TheDust said:

In the plain text of the BIS Page Prydaz is stated to give a 15% lifepool based absorb shield. This is no longer the case as of 7.1.5.

Will pass both points on, thanks!

Guest Bamaslamma

The haste versus versatility discussion is maddening.  MMO-Champ and Icy do not agree and there's not an addon out there (that I've found) that weighs haste over versatility.  Versatility is the overwhelming primary stat; while mentioning to work to bring haste to a 30% cap.  So which is it?  Versatility or Haste?  Are all addons being built incorrectly?

19 hours ago, Guest Bamaslamma said:

The haste versus versatility discussion is maddening.  MMO-Champ and Icy do not agree and there's not an addon out there (that I've found) that weighs haste over versatility.  Versatility is the overwhelming primary stat; while mentioning to work to bring haste to a 30% cap.  So which is it?  Versatility or Haste?  Are all addons being built incorrectly?

As far as I am aware, the guide on MMO that is run by the Discord mods agrees with us on H > M > V, so I'm not sure why you think MMO and Icy don't agree? 

Guest Andersonn

When are you going to add the new BiS items from Nighthold etc?

2 hours ago, Guest Andersonn said:

When are you going to add the new BiS items from Nighthold etc?

I've put in a note, hopefully we can get it updated in the near future! :) 

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

I got a short proposal to improve the guide for casual players:

The builds & talents section is quite well explained. But a casual is not interested in reading and deciding which combinaition of talents to pick. Is there a way to suggest two builds (dungeons and raid)? I think there are two save builds to go for. It's important to write, that this is not a general recommendation for experienced prot warriors.

Dungeons: 1 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 1 - 3 - 1

Dungeon-Build is DPS-oriented. Basically there is simply no need for high survivability. You don't have to pay attention to the devestator-behavior, it will be a good and clean choice.

Raid: 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 1/3 - 1 - 2

In my opinion this build is quite save for most raid-fights. You can choose between devestator and indom. If you can handle devestator, it will be generaly the better choice.