Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snappel

Rogue macros for patch 7.0

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I thought it would be useful to post any macros people may find useful in this thread.

 

For instance, has anyone found a new macro for Backstab/Shadowstrike? With the changes to Shadow Dance, it's no longer considered a "stance", so this macro no longer works:

 

/cast [stance:3] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:2] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:1] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:0] Backstab

 

 

Does anyone know a way to make this work with the new version of Shadow Dance? As it stands currently, this macro makes me Shadowstrike while stealthed, but Backstab while not in stealth and during Shadow Dance as well. Obviously, I'd like this macro fixed so that I will start Shadowstriking during Shadow Dance.

 

Additionally, are there any other macros you've found useful for the post-7.0 rogue?

Edited by Snappel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it's now a buff that you apply to yourself I don't think that you can.

My recommendation would be to just use 2 separate buttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just adaptate your binds. Blizz already stated they won't be making amends on the bars regarding stances... They want you pressing more buttons (even after they chopped about 50% of them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lipsinch said:

Just adaptate your binds. Blizz already stated they won't be making amends on the bars regarding stances... They want you pressing more buttons (even after they chopped about 50% of them).

I do find that funny, like you said they've gutted most specs. I have, however, found it is easy to just keep Shadowstrike on my bars, since I've lost both Hemo and Gouge I have the extra room now.

I have found that macroing in Symbols of Death into Shadowstrike guarantees I always keep that buff running when Shadow Dancing. Basically, just use your old Prep/Ambush macro and rewrite it to say...

/cast Symbols of Death

/cast Shadowstrike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can do that, or you can try and manage it a little better manually.

Not keeping them macro'd together means that you can skip casting SoD if you're low on energy but you're trying to squeeze a last second SS into a burst window, either with Ring or Blades or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I made for shadowstrike/backstab:

 

/cast Shadow Dance
/use [form:3]ShadowStrike;[form:2]ShadowStrike;[stealth]ShadowStrike;Backstab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2016 at 10:19 PM, Snappel said:

I thought it would be useful to post any macros people may find useful in this thread.

 

For instance, has anyone found a new macro for Backstab/Shadowstrike? With the changes to Shadow Dance, it's no longer considered a "stance", so this macro no longer works:

 

/cast [stance:3] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:2] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:1] Shadowstrike
/cast [stance:0] Backstab

 

 

Does anyone know a way to make this work with the new version of Shadow Dance? As it stands currently, this macro makes me Shadowstrike while stealthed, but Backstab while not in stealth and during Shadow Dance as well. Obviously, I'd like this macro fixed so that I will start Shadowstriking during Shadow Dance.

 

Additionally, are there any other macros you've found useful for the post-7.0 rogue?

Try this:

/use [nostance]Backstab;[bonusbar:1]Shadowstrike;[stance:2]Shadowstrike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#showtooltip Marked for Death
/target [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Marked for Death
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Marked for Death

 

This is a macro I've just started using and it works well but has one flaw, when I want to cast it on a target I MUST have my mouse over that target which can be fiddly. What I am wondering is if I can maintain the mouseover target switching whilst also being able to still cast it on my current target without mousing over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xenon said:

#showtooltip Marked for Death
/target [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Marked for Death
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Marked for Death

 

This is a macro I've just started using and it works well but has one flaw, when I want to cast it on a target I MUST have my mouse over that target which can be fiddly. What I am wondering is if I can maintain the mouseover target switching whilst also being able to still cast it on my current target without mousing over.

Theoretically, if you're already targetting someone/something (you don't target a skill, you target an avatar - be a NPC or a player), you don't need to "re-aim" to cast MfD.

It's like FPS, you aim only once and then "cast" the bullets. If you /target someone, means it'll already be marked as a target when you do your next action, which is /cast. Try just pulling out that @mouseover from your /cast and delete the "Marked for Death" text on /target, it is useless for the command.

A good place to test your macros is Fitzcairn's Macro Explain. Gives a good explanation of how the instructions given to the game will be interpreted and the possible errors.

=)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lipsinch said:

 

Haha thanks I appreciate it, the timing of this reply was impeccable I was just about to edit my post because I figured it out! Anyhow still appreciate the reply and it works perfectly now.

Edited by Xenon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I have another question about this macro:

#showtooltip Kick
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Kick

 

So this works fine but it would be better if I could make it so it will only kick targets that are spell casting is there a function that does this so that you can avoid interrupting targets that are not spell casting when AoEing trash that are heavily stacked for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Xenon said:

Alright I have another question about this macro:

#showtooltip Kick
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Kick

 

So this works fine but it would be better if I could make it so it will only kick targets that are spell casting is there a function that does this so that you can avoid interrupting targets that are not spell casting when AoEing trash that are heavily stacked for example?

No, there isn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Xenon said:

Alright I have another question about this macro:

#showtooltip Kick
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Kick

 

So this works fine but it would be better if I could make it so it will only kick targets that are spell casting is there a function that does this so that you can avoid interrupting targets that are not spell casting when AoEing trash that are heavily stacked for example?

That'd be making the game play for you xD

To be sincere, this kind of mouseover macros are unreliable - especially on Kick. Kick is a fast response skill, sometimes your body just won't follow your brain and you end up missing the mouse spot or not react in time, and boom - there goes your Kick on any other random mob/nowhere - worse if they're clumped together while AoEing. The chance of missing is huge, and there are few mobs that truly NEED to be interrupted or it'll be a major hindrance for your group (if you're under the kick duty).

Also, AFAIK usually the majority of skills aren't able to be cast on dead targets. Kick is one of them xP (although would be funny -and perhaps cruel depending on the target - to kick a dead body).

I'm not sure if you're a PvPer or PvE'r, but either way if you need to kick some specific mob/player it's better to tie such macros with /target commands. It's a little bit more work to tailor specific kicks, but in the end will be guaranteed to work 100% of time.

Here's a simple example of it for the Seacursed Mistmender (which should be interrupted) in Maw of Souls:

#showtooltip Kick

/target [nodead] Seacursed Mistmender <so it won't target dead mobs with that name

/cast Kick

--

One last advice: having macros are nice, helpful and fun, but making it too elaborated sometimes have the opposite effect on your gameplay. Remember the KISS Principle. ^_^

 

Edit:

A warning for the Sub Rogues out there - you don't need Shadowstrike macros for Shadow Dance, the stealth bar is switching properly. Although seems like if you cast the spell right before the SD ends, it'll do the animation but won't hit nor produce CPs.

Edited by lipsinch
Shadow Dance macro clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2016 at 4:25 PM, lipsinch said:

 

 

On 9/15/2016 at 2:09 PM, Carrn said:

 

Thanks for your replies guys! I've thought about using target specific macros but there is flaw with it in some cases where multiple of the same enemy appear in a group, I think I'll just try to get better with using tab and kick for now and might bind mouseover kick to shift or ctrl. Might use it in future if I feel like theres a perfect spot for it.

Gotta keep KISS in mind though ey.

 

Edited by Xenon
Deleted quotes to reduce space taken up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.