FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Don't use Dreadstalkers in the pre-patch

Seriously.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KnDgWpXQL8rRJHGY#fight=21&type=damage-done&source=6 top parses from the first night.  Dreadstalkers not on the list of the top players because the DPET of Imps > Dreadstalkers.  Going to be tailoring my gameplay for the pre-patch.  

THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL PLAY LIKE THIS IN LEGION.  Just for now.  If you feel like you can't change your habit, don't.  

• Like 1

Nice work.  You have to go down the rankings pretty far to see any Dreadstalkers.  I find that humorous.  

Looking to start playing lock in legion (specifically demo due to playstyle) so I boosted one today.  I'm wondering if this same advice is true for someone without t18 or class trinket?

At the risk of asking this in the wrong place as well, would I better off playing as aff or destro while I'm still undergeared? I plan to learn all three eventually anyway, and it seems like I'm not doing any damage as demo (compared to my friends that also boosted new characters today).

Appreciate the work you guys have been putting into these prepatch guides!

You won't be able to do any of this without 4pc T18 and the class trinket.  They're what's breaking the meters right now.

Since you're new to Warlock, I recommend that you try all the specs out since they are brand new.  It's far more important to enjoy playing something right now with the high probability that things will be tuned number wise.  Don't roll something for the numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zagam said:

You won't be able to do any of this without 4pc T18 and the class trinket.  They're what's breaking the meters right now.

Since you're new to Warlock, I recommend that you try all the specs out since they are brand new.  It's far more important to enjoy playing something right now with the high probability that things will be tuned number wise.  Don't roll something for the numbers.

Thanks!  I plan to try em all out and see what fits, but I have a feeling summoning hordes of demons will be it.  

18 minutes ago, Twinkielock said:

So do we take Implosion now I'm assuming?

I believe in the parse above, he was using Impending Doom, but I could potentially see Implosion being even more desirable for AoE heavy fights now.. That said though, it could be possible that the sheer number of wild imps summoned through Impending Doom + Hand of Doom in AoE outweighs the damage from Implosion but it would probably take someone with better gear and more experience than me to tell you for sure :)

1111322.  You don't use Improved Dreadstalkers since you don't use Dreadstalkers.  Everything else is self-explanatory.

I am pretty sure I was reading somewhere else on these forums that destro is the best spec overall now or is that just with the artifact weapon at level 110? because on single target at item level 739 it really sucks, below 60k on target dummies (unbuffed)

Edited by Cazerus
typo

Destro is not better than Demonology currently.  You will see abusive logs where someone used other Warlocks to stack Roaring Blaze inflating Immolate damage to asinine levels, but that has been fixed.  Demonology is the spec to go during pre-patch so long as the 4pc remains unchanged.

17 hours ago, Zagam said:

So, pretty much this is a flash in the pan for locks as usual, and don't hang your hat on this come 8/30? I stopped playing in early October when we gave up on mythic GF as a guild and half of us unsubbed. I'm looking for any reason to start playing again but I'm skeptical to come back to reading frustrating raid logs and simply not having fun because it's too much like a job to compete in raids. (Literally, a boomkin can sneeze and win. Yay free loot.... /yawn /camp) I have my 4p T18 and luckily I never destroyed my class trinket back when it was infinitely worthless for locks but like I said... skeptical from the last expansion's turnout of most classes and their horrendous output.

Edited by Vomitory
Horrible grammar! Lol

8 hours ago, Zagam said:

1111322.  You don't use Improved Dreadstalkers since you don't use Dreadstalkers.  Everything else is self-explanatory.

Doesn't look like demonbolt is being taken by these locks topping meters. Think it's Soul Conduit.

Edit: I mean in the linked logs.

Edited by Liarparadox

8 hours ago, Liarparadox said:

Doesn't look like demonbolt is being taken by these locks topping meters. Think it's Soul Conduit.

Yeah they're def going with Soul Conduit.  I gave this a run last night and without 4pc it's not quite so potent, but if you stack to 4 shards like you should for HoG it's still worth it to ignore stalkers.

so as we all know demo with 4p is the bom but for now as we remain in pre patch is it better to go on full haste with decent mastery ?

or stack more mastery and have decent haste as imps get buffed ? 

12 hours ago, Vomitory said:

So, pretty much this is a flash in the pan for locks as usual, and don't hang your hat on this come 8/30? I stopped playing in early October when we gave up on mythic GF as a guild and half of us unsubbed. I'm looking for any reason to start playing again but I'm skeptical to come back to reading frustrating raid logs and simply not having fun because it's too much like a job to compete in raids. (Literally, a boomkin can sneeze and win. Yay free loot.... /yawn /camp) I have my 4p T18 and luckily I never destroyed my class trinket back when it was infinitely worthless for locks but like I said... skeptical from the last expansion's turnout of most classes and their horrendous output.

Well I have been affliction since around January and have been pretty happy with the results, only outdps'd by the odd mage or rogue depending on the fight. I dont mind being around top five, as long as I am not working my buns off to be 14th on damage.

Locks are still the best class in the game for me and now demo is quite fun again, so get back in the mix.

Hey guys. I had a question about demonic empowerment.  Does it need to be cast after each demon summoned as showed in the write up on icy-veins? https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/demonology-warlock-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

2.3.1 Mentions casting between each demon if they are back to back summons.   I had been precasting it sometimes and just overall trying to keep it up 100%  Have I been doing this wrong?

Thanks guys.

Absolutely no point in precasting it Cedrin, pretty sure the tooltip says empowers active demons, not those about to be summoned.

Also seems a waste to use it if you have less than four demons actually summoned, unless they are doomguard, or Gosup pet. There are other things you can use the global for instead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cazerus said:

Absolutely no point in precasting it Cedrin, pretty sure the tooltip says empowers active demons, not those about to be summoned.

Also seems a waste to use it if you have less than four demons actually summoned, unless they are doomguard, or Gosup pet. There are other things you can use the global for instead.

Thanks for the reply. I was in the habit of precasting before the pull for the instant cast at pull and getting out of sync from there.  I was used to thinks automatically updating based on procs and things and didn't pay that much attention to the tool tip

On 7/21/2016 at 4:34 AM, Zagam said:

hmm shouldn't that be 1111323 or does T18 work with demonbolt?

7 hours ago, Cazerus said:

This is wrong I believe. The precast is for your permanent felguard. Then you should buff each and every time you summon a new demon for instance, after grimoire, after doomguard, if you summon dread stalkers, and after hand of guldan. Always empower all demons.

38 minutes ago, Roblinz said:

This is wrong I believe. The precast is for your permanent felguard. Then you should buff each and every time you summon a new demon for instance, after grimoire, after doomguard, if you summon dread stalkers, and after hand of guldan. Always empower all demons.

It's best to summon Grimoire and Doomguard consecutively then empower rather than alternating, but otherwise you're absolutely right. The only other situation I don't immediately empower is if I cast a low shard Hand of Gul'dan (1-2) and my class trinket does not proc an additional summon. 

• Like 1