FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Don't use Dreadstalkers in the pre-patch

3 hours ago, Roblinz said:

So demonbolt or soul conduit? seems to be some confusion.

I think in terms of damage they are pretty close. Demonbolt might be better for target switching?

I've heard from a couple people in pug runs I've been doing that talents 1/1/1/1/x/2/3  combined with a singe shard HoG rather than getting to 4 shards, is working out to be best DPS in 7.0.3.  Basically HoG, Empower, Free cast Shadowbolt, repeat.  Looking at a few top parses on M Archimonde it looks like the demo locks have close to equal numbers of casts of each spell, so maybe they're on to something.

On 20. Juli 2016 at 5:48 AM, Zagam said:

Seriously.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KnDgWpXQL8rRJHGY#fight=21&type=damage-done&source=6 top parses from the first night.  Dreadstalkers not on the list of the top players because the DPET of Imps > Dreadstalkers.  Going to be tailoring my gameplay for the pre-patch.  

THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL PLAY LIKE THIS IN LEGION.  Just for now.  If you feel like you can't change your habit, don't.  

Do you think this is still the best playstyle after the 4 piece bonus of T18 is lowered to 2%?

FWIW Ghaddo's saying Demo's still on top for pre-patch.  Talents 1/1/1/2/2/1/3 and no Dreadstalkers.  Still using trinket and 4pc, Sbolt/HoG/Repeat, DE every 2-3 HoGs to keep buff up.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, taliesin52 said:

FWIW Ghaddo's saying Demo's still on top for pre-patch.  Talents 1/1/1/2/2/1/3 and no Dreadstalkers.  Still using trinket and 4pc, Sbolt/HoG/Repeat, DE every 2-3 HoGs to keep buff up.  

So he has supremacy over felguard/ service?  Also don't forget to toss in your doom on that 2-3 button rotation mentioned if using power trip as shown on that break down.  

Playstyle remains.  You just want more Imps.  Overall DPS cut looks to be 75% of what used to be 15% of your damage, so around 11.5%.  

And Demonbolt and Soul Conduit are close but SC wins with good RNG.  DB also took a hit since we will have less demons out.  

I want to preface this that this is NOT how you'll play in Legion.  Min maxing for prepatch should be for fun but do NOT get into bad habits if you're new to the spec/class.  You WILL use dreadstalkers at 110.  The trinket creating Imps is still overstating DPS right now. 

On 7/23/2016 at 1:03 AM, Roblinz said:

So demonbolt or soul conduit? seems to be some confusion.

They're within an infinitesimally small margin of each other. Conduit has a slightly higher top end, while Demonbolt is slightly more consistent. Take your pick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cedrin said:

So he has supremacy over felguard/ service?  Also don't forget to toss in your doom on that 2-3 button rotation mentioned if using power trip as shown on that break down.  

That's what the link he's providing says.  I'm personally sticking with Service though.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warlock/demonology/MGpM

Power trip adds the necessity to apply Doom.  Its what I'd call an elite talent in that you should be of an elite level to utilize it properly.  Hand of Doom is safer and more reliable and removes a button from your rotation outside of your opener.  This means results will vary and there is no "right" answer from anyone but yourself.

Echoing Furty - Soul Conduit v DB is a situational one and has no "correct" answer.  The difference is small and relatively negligible.  

7 hours ago, Furty said:

They're within an infinitesimally small margin of each other. Conduit has a slightly higher top end, while Demonbolt is slightly more consistent. Take your pick. 

Hmm I've tried the rotation on dummies and got slightly higher dps with DB [no I did not let doom fall off any of the targets, and did not life tap after HoG/before DE :d]

I used mythic class trinet + mythic DSI

2 Targets, 3 min, No Ring, no food buff, and no pots

Demonbolt = 16.4M dmg, 90k dps

Soul conduit  = 15.6M dmg, 85k dps

Do you think SC > DB for high end players coz the fight doesn't last as long for other players?

How many iterations did you do?  A single iteration with two independent variables isn't a measurable evaluation.  

9 hours ago, Scathbais said:

Can you provide the link to where Ghaddo made that statement? 

The link above this post is to the Discord channel, its in the pinned posts.  I recommend hanging out in there too.  You can get a lot of good information.

Hello everyone,

I'm totally new to the demo spec and I'm not sure if I got it right for the pre patch. Since we don't have to use the dreadstalkers in the pre patch, is there really nothing to do but apply doom, (summon doomguard + grimoire felguard + empower both) and then rotate between instant SB and (hand of guldan [1-2 shards] + empower)? Somehow it doesn't feel right to only use hand of guldan (1-2 shards), immediately empower the imps, use instant SB and start the same rotation of those 3 spells with hand of guldan again.... Did I get it totally wrong? Thanks :)

P.S. Using 4-Tier bonus + Class trinket

9 hours ago, StarterWL said:

Somehow it doesn't feel right

Agreed. Unfortunately it is literally a 3-button main rotation while maintaining Doom (if it will tick) and using your greater demons on cooldown. One small correction; it is best to empower every 2 casts of 1-Shard Hand of Gul'dan generally, rather than alternating Empower every cast. 

21 hours ago, Furty said:

it is best to empower every 2 casts of 1-Shard Hand of Gul'dan generally, rather than alternating Empower every cast. 

Thank you for your answer, very helpful!

So if I have 0 shards (after a hand of guldan) it's better to cast a SB with cast time instead of getting an instant SB with empower?

(Instead of alternating empower every cast as you said)

Thanks again :)

Edited by StarterWL

I'm just getting back into the swing of things after a break of a few months.  I saw on MMO-C that a recent hotfix nerfed the 4 set bonus. Is it still the case that people should be ignoring Dreadstalkers and just focus on getting as many imps as possible?

On 7/27/2016 at 6:33 PM, Zagam said:

How many iterations did you do?  A single iteration with two independent variables isn't a measurable evaluation.  

I did 5 tries for each SC & DB , and DB did beat SC by a small margin.

It also seems that the alot of top players recently [after the nerf] going for Implosion & demonbolt even on ST bosses like Iron Reaver/Zakuun.. which I found at first kinda odd, but it seems that using implosion before the ring buff goes off gives quite the boost for your dps.

I know this is kinda off topic & Im not sure if this is actually worth mentioning since Legion is few weeks away, but I have noticed that Versatility pot > Int pot.. the difference is quite small though.