Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Idols of Azeroth Replaces Battle of the Builds

2 posts in this topic

BUUhHZd.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl is Idols of Azeroth. It replaces Battle of the Builds, which was launched briefly on the Americas server.

Idols of Azeroth first appeared as the 45th Tavern Brawl. In this Brawl, every card in your deck is a Raven Idol. I mentioned last time around that the Brawl is a slow paced one than most, due to the amount of thought that goes into many of the turns. This meant that it turned out to not be popular with everyone. 

I still feel it meets the dual criteria of a skillful Brawl, where you don't have to provide cards. As regular readers will know, these are the Brawls I feel are the best for the game. In my opinion, playing a lot of this Brawl will be very good for players looking to improve their Hearthstone. You have to learn to compare the value of the cards, with the immediate need for an answer.

Placeholder for tweet 755832945211019264

The Brawl that was taken down was Battle of the Builds. It was the Brawl that gave a choice of bonuses at the start of the game that impacted the board for the entire game. It is strange that this Brawl was misbehaving as it was a repeat.

This is the 58th Tavern Brawl.

1 person likes this

I got to play both brawls: and I witnessed the bug and was left suitably bewildered.  My opponent was playing "Battlecry minions have +1/+1", and one of his creatures was wounded down to 1 health, so I hit it with a 1/1.  My 1/1 died and the wounded creature on the opponent's side now had 2 health!  I was wondering if I'd just counted something wrong in the heat of battle, so I hit it with another 1/1 to experiment, and watched its health go from 2 to 1, then back to 2 again.

At that point, I surrendered.  The universe was not on my side.

1 person likes this