Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hardluck57

New to Arcane; I Need Newb Help

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently came back into WoW during WoD having been absent since WotLK. I played Arcane in WotLK but switched to Frost because it was easier to understand in WoD. Just as I had gathered the appropriate gear and was working up my courage to play Arcane again the pre-Legion patch came out and I am lost.

I have read the guide on this site (why I knew to ask for help here) and I have my bar setup, but I am just not getting the results. I don't mean "my DPS should be higher" I mean, "It takes me forever to kill one thing." I feel like I'm pushing buttons at random and would like a little more description that the guide gives.

Below are some more specific points that would help, but anyone willing to elaborate on the guide would be very helpful.

1. I don't know what order to use the powers in. I know to wait for 4 charges, but I'm not sure how to get them without spending them or what moves to use while waiting to build before a burn.

2. I don't know how to setup my keybindings in order to make the most of my order. I play on a standard sized keyboard and use a gaming mouse with left click, right click, and six extra buttons I can bind.

If you need more info to help, tell me what you need and I'll post it as soon as I am able. This isn't a troll post or someone who hasn't read anything; I've been playing everyday since the new patch and have gone from mythic dungeons and normal raids to being afraid to do heroic dungeons. Please help me.

Hello!

I haven't played the pre-patch yet since I am on vacation, but I have been keeping track of all things Mage.

What I can tell you (and others can probably back me up) is that Arcane isn't a good option at the moment. Even in our guide, it is described as 'weak' by Furty. The only decent pre-patch Mage spec seems to be Fire.

Generally, all Mage specs might feel a bit weaker at the moment but remember this is just the pre-patch. Everything is going to change again once Legion goes live and we get our hands on our Artifacts.

Thanks so much for the reply!

So is Fire the way to go Pre-Legion then? I was Frost before, should I just switch back to that until Legion?

The big problem with arcane at the moment is, that your manareg isn't doing really well, so the conserve phase is horrible... Burst DMG on singletarget is still huge for arcane mages.

But as Zadina said, you should switch to fire for now to be competitive.

To answer your question anyways (hopefully I got it right) :

While conserving you should use your RoP if you got 2 stacks. If you got 3 missiles, use them to get to 4 stacks. If you're at 100% mana use AB, then missiles again. Whenever you got your CDs ready again switch to burstphase and kill your mana to 0%!

Greetings :)

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Alastor
      <Sargeras Rage> @ [EU][Kazzak][Horde] EN 7/7HC
      About us:
      We are a social horde guild on Kazzak. We are planning to clear all raid content on mythic difficulty, and do mythic keystone dungeons weekly. We also have some plans for PvP activities (will be announced later). We want to create a friendly atmosphere for everyone to progress, gear up, explore the content and have fun. There will be some weekend guild events too, for example: world bosses, mythic dungeons, old raids for transmog/achievements.
      Currently we are actively recruiting for two activities: Raids and Mythic+ Dungeons. All classes and specializations are welcome for Dungeon groups. 
      For Raids we mainly need tank, healers (high demand on priest / resto dru) and ranged dps, though we will review all applications. 
      Our doors are, nonetheless, always open for all social players that will be actively exploring the Broken Isles and they will have a voice in our guild chat. We use Discord as our main voice chat (it works from both app or web browser).
      Our Guild goals:
      * Create an enjoyable atmosphere for progression throughout Legion content
      * Finish Legion raiding content on Mythic difficulty (we've finished with heroic EN already)
      * Have few teams for weekly Mythic+ and Kara dungeons with steady results
      Our Raid Schedule:
      Wednesday/Thursday from 6 to 9 pm (server time)
      Recruitment priority for Raiding:
      * Tank - medium
      * Healer - medium
      * Melee damage dealers - low
      * Range damage dealers - high
      We are looking for following type of persons for Raiding:
      * motivated. No one is going to motivate you to visit our raids. If you want to progress with us, we are happy to bring you along. If you need someone to lead you by the hand, you probably won't find it here.
      * efficient. The raid time is very limited and you have to make most of it. In fact we will strive not to waste it at all and fill these 3 hours with solid progress. If you are going to raid, it means you are ready to be summoned/at the instance 5:45 with food/flask/pots and in voice comms.
      * mature. If you are going to kid all around during boss fights (although we do enjoy good humor anywhere else), you probably do not fit well in group. Though we enjoy good humor, there is a time and a place for that and since raid time is quite limited you better put that aside for the duration.
      Contact info
      If you are interested to join us then whisper in game me - Nayati (Alastor#2907) or our officers: Sin (Sin#2880), Galbi (Moe#2519)
    • By Khayman
      Hey guys! Just want to share my experience as survival hunter so far! I used icy veins giude for long time, assuming that versaility is best stat choice for surv, but after some tests i tried to drop versatility to pump mastery. Well as result i'v raised my dps (874 ilvl) from 235k to 307k on boss dummy and 280k-290k in raid (tested on Odyn, and Emerald nightmare). I'm currently running 29% crit, 25% haste, 14% mastery, 1% versatility. Pumping mastery gave me a huuuuge dmg increase cause basically i always have 2-3 moongose bite on. I tried to switch back to versatility gear since i got a lucky trinket drop (885 agi-haste wq trinket), but i had too many dead times w/o focus and it was a great dps lost!
      Of course in some fights i have to switch in BM or MM just to help our healers cause we have too many melee in guild XD, but i'd like to know if there are some hunters currently using  surv spec in hero/mithycs raid or 8+ mithycs dungeons.
      Here is my armory link just in case you wanna give it a check! http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Khâyman/advanced

• By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Fenodoree
      Hi everyone. I've a question, What spect should we roll for 7.1.5?
      So patch notes for 7.1.5 (November the 29th) are out.
      And I have 2 things to remark
      1.Strong buff to Arcane Mana cost for Arcane Blast has been reduced from 125% to 60% per Arcane Charge, since they are mana dependent. This does not apply It Was a tooltip bug.
      2.Almost all fire skills were buffed in damage, Fireball,Flame Blast, PyroBlast, Scorch, FlameStrike, CinderStorm,Meteor,Conflag and Phoenix's Flames. BUT Critical Mass % was reduced from 15% to 10% and Pyretic Incantation was nerfed from 5% per stack  to 2% per stack = 15%  less damage from consecutive Critical Strikes.
      I haven't done the math yet, but since Arcane has gotten a lot of buffs lately, and Fire is getting "balanced" (Since i've no idea how the patch will afect fire dps), and Frost Topping dps in rankings, and with no significant buffs or nerfs in the patch notes i suppose they will stay in tops.
      So if anyone would be so kind to enlighten me what spect you guys think it would be the best for 7.1.5 and why.

• By Moonfly
      Hello everyone,

SALT, is a guild formed in the start of Legion, and we are recruiting additional members for our main team to build a mythic roster. And also for our more relaxed heroic/social-raid team.

The guild was formed by bringing together friends from different guilds to make a fresh start, with our goal being to provide a fun but progressive raiding environment, with a focus on clearing heroic and mythic content.

We are looking to expand our roster, and have open raid spots for:

Main team:
      Healers Cloth dps (High prio on spriest and warlock) 2 Hunters 1 Holy paladin 1 Resto druid 1 Resto shaman 1 Ret paladin 1 Warrior 1 DK
      Social team:
      All classes
      We have open spots for more classes, check our website for updated info.

Even if we are not currently recruiting your class/spec we are always open to take a look at exceptional players/applications.

Your previous raiding experience is not the be all and end all, however we do ask for individuals who can demonstrate maturity (18+), commitment and a strong understanding of their class and spec.

Website: www.SALT.guildlaunch.com. You can also find us on the EU Twisting Nether forum if you search there.

Progress

Emerald Nightmare:
      7/7 Heroic
      1/7 Mythic
      Trial of Valor:
      3/3 Normal

Raid Days:
      Wednesday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Thursday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Sunday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit our website for more information. Alternatively, please speak to one of our officers in game: Zherin or Moonfly.

Casual/social players are always welcome

We look forward to hearing from you.