Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hardluck57

New to Arcane; I Need Newb Help

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently came back into WoW during WoD having been absent since WotLK. I played Arcane in WotLK but switched to Frost because it was easier to understand in WoD. Just as I had gathered the appropriate gear and was working up my courage to play Arcane again the pre-Legion patch came out and I am lost.

I have read the guide on this site (why I knew to ask for help here) and I have my bar setup, but I am just not getting the results. I don't mean "my DPS should be higher" I mean, "It takes me forever to kill one thing." I feel like I'm pushing buttons at random and would like a little more description that the guide gives.

Below are some more specific points that would help, but anyone willing to elaborate on the guide would be very helpful.

1. I don't know what order to use the powers in. I know to wait for 4 charges, but I'm not sure how to get them without spending them or what moves to use while waiting to build before a burn.

2. I don't know how to setup my keybindings in order to make the most of my order. I play on a standard sized keyboard and use a gaming mouse with left click, right click, and six extra buttons I can bind.

If you need more info to help, tell me what you need and I'll post it as soon as I am able. This isn't a troll post or someone who hasn't read anything; I've been playing everyday since the new patch and have gone from mythic dungeons and normal raids to being afraid to do heroic dungeons. Please help me.

Hello!

I haven't played the pre-patch yet since I am on vacation, but I have been keeping track of all things Mage.

What I can tell you (and others can probably back me up) is that Arcane isn't a good option at the moment. Even in our guide, it is described as 'weak' by Furty. The only decent pre-patch Mage spec seems to be Fire.

Generally, all Mage specs might feel a bit weaker at the moment but remember this is just the pre-patch. Everything is going to change again once Legion goes live and we get our hands on our Artifacts.

Thanks so much for the reply!

So is Fire the way to go Pre-Legion then? I was Frost before, should I just switch back to that until Legion?

The big problem with arcane at the moment is, that your manareg isn't doing really well, so the conserve phase is horrible... Burst DMG on singletarget is still huge for arcane mages.

But as Zadina said, you should switch to fire for now to be competitive.

To answer your question anyways (hopefully I got it right) :

While conserving you should use your RoP if you got 2 stacks. If you got 3 missiles, use them to get to 4 stacks. If you're at 100% mana use AB, then missiles again. Whenever you got your CDs ready again switch to burstphase and kill your mana to 0%!

Greetings :)

1 person likes this