FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dshiryu

Stat scaling changes?

Hey guys, I play a Prot Warrior and I'm having some troubles surviving the Proving Grounds on Endless (I previously reached wave 50+), namely the wave where 3 big klaxxi come in. With the Indomitable talent I was able to survive and died shortly after (when another wave with 3 of them and other mobs appeared), then I tested Never Surrender and was imediatly one-shot, tried using a couple Ignore Pain for no avail.

Then I noticed something, I was pretty much sure mastery = block, so I had 50% passive block chance and about 30% parry. But after the patch hit in, my chances changed to 30% and 18%. What the heck? Am I crazy and suddenly it is harder to survive or the numbers really did change (regarding scaling and soft/hard caps)?

My armory for reference http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/goldrinn/schlag/simple

I won't even get started on how I used to make 28k dps single target (not the best, I know) on the dps specs and now can only manage 18k (I didn't read the guides yet, even though they didn't seem to change so drastically).

2 minutes ago, dshiryu said:

Hey guys, I play a Prot Warrior and I'm having some troubles surviving the Proving Grounds on Endless (I previously reached wave 50+), namely the wave where 3 big klaxxi come in. With the Indomitable talent I was able to survive and died shortly after (when another wave with 3 of them and other mobs appeared), then I tested Never Surrender and was imediatly one-shot, tried using a couple Ignore Pain for no avail.

Then I noticed something, I was pretty much sure mastery = block, so I had 50% passive block chance and about 30% parry. But after the patch hit in, my chances changed to 30% and 18%. What the heck? Am I crazy and suddenly it is harder to survive or the numbers really did change (regarding scaling and soft/hard caps)?

My armory for reference http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/goldrinn/schlag/simple

I won't even get started on how I used to make 28k dps single target (not the best, I know) on the dps specs and now can only manage 18k (I didn't read the guides yet, even though they didn't seem to change so drastically).

Stat attunements and Draenor Perks are gone now. Some Masteries have been redesigned or their values per 1% have been adjusted. But I imagine between the loss of improved block (+10% block) and the Mastery attunement that covered the loss of stats.

Hmm, that explains a lot. I also just happened to see what the description on "armor" says on my armory: before it was 50% damage reduction, now it is 11%. I guess the artifact will smooth things somehow or the stats scale better on lv110? Well, thanks anyway =)

Mastery gives roughly the same critical block chance with far less static block chance. Try swapping some of your mastery to haste and get rid of as much crit as you can.

Oh and check your in game armor. Mine is still showing 48.53% armor. Keep in mind as well that we used to have a 20% damage reduction from defensive stance and that is now entirely gone.