Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MM rotation question

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Using the recommended talents but specifically Sidewinders in this case, I know with legion changes the new MM rotation will have downtime, due to being focus starved. My question is with this part of the guide regarding Sidewinders. "You should also keep it from ever reaching 2 charges, and you should be prepared to use it without Marking Targets active to keep this from happening. You should also not generally cast it until you have 60 focus.",  Assuming the previous is still correct, does this mean that we should not cast it until we have at least 60 focus(and less then 80 to prevent capping) to ensure we can get off maximum aimed shots during the vulnerable window, or at most 60 focus?

Secondary question, do we also prioritize barrage over aimed shot during the vulnerable window, after a Marking Target Sidewinder, for a single target situation. (Barrage would obviously come way ahead in a multi-target situation).

Edited by berict

1) Use Sidewinders when you have less than 60 focus in this situation.

2) Barrage > Vulnerable-buffed Aimed Shot, always.  However, do recognize when to save barrage for AoE.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 7/27/2016 at 8:30 PM, Orthios said:

2) Barrage > Vulnerable-buffed Aimed Shot, always.

What about Barrage vs Vulnerable-buffed Marked Shot? Should one to a) cast Barrage, interrupt it, cast Marked Shot, or b) cast Marked Shot (thus delaying Barrage), then cast Barrage?

Edited by withkittens

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Calcifer
      So I recently picked up a fire mage for the first time ever, I've been playing wow on and off for around 7 years but never picked up a mage till now.
      Anyway, I have been wondering of my rotation outside of Combustion? I have read the guide supplied here and tried to follow it as best as I can, the main scenario I have is.
      Whenever I am casting fireballs I wait till I have a heating up proc, as I've precasted my next fireball I get heating up, halfway through the fireball cast, I cast the fireblast converting my heating up to a hot streak. I then end the fireball cast with an instant pyroblast. Sometimes this results in another hot streak due to both critting, sometimes its a heating up proc and sometimes neither crit and I'm left starting over. I then usually tend to find myself running out of fireblasts fairly quickly and having to cast fireballs until they return off cooldown.
      I always cast a fireball before I cast my instant pyroblast to try pyroblast fish but this doesnt always result in a crit.
      I was wondering by casting the fireblast mid channel of my fireball then finishing my fireball cast with an instant pyroblast is this the most efficent way to be using my spells?
      I've tried a few other ways of casting such as casting fireball under a heating up then fireblast during the channel, then cast another fireball and end with an instant pyroblast to smooth out my rotation but im not sure which one is the better method or they are both wrong?
      I am 838 ilvl and can hold around 140-160k dps on bosses after my initial burst, my weapon is only 814 ilvl as im not finished my order hall and i have 42% crit. My stats arnt great but I was wondering is my weapon holding me back hugely and once I upgrade it will all my problems be solved?
      Sorry for essay, but I wanted to be clear on my question and get a clear response.
    • By Maraeil
      Hello there :)
      Currently I'm playing firemage with 59 % crit (with 300 bufffood). I'm raiding as well and we are 6/7 nhc (we're not going for progress ;)). Depending on the fights I'm able to maintain between 180k and 220k dps. But from everyone I'm just hearing that this dps is way too low and I have to change something. So this is why I'm asking you ;)
      I'm going to upload a dummy log, so you can see my complete rotation how I am going through it. This is the way I am doing it in raid as well, depending on mechanics and movement a bit different (maybe I can upload a Cenarius and Xavius Log tomorrow when were going to raid). So my question is: Is there a mistake in my rotation, am I doing it right? I know Im missing gems right now, but they are just way too expensive right now :)
      Armory Link:íría/advanced
      Dummy Log Link:
      I would really appreciate some help :) thanks in advance !
    • By Sibelius
      Concerning Fire Mage, after I burst and Fire Blast, Flame On, and Phoenix Flame's are on cooldown then what?
      Do I cast only Fireball until the 2 Fire Blast and Flame On are off cooldown? Do I cast Fireball until heating up and use the first Fire Blast off cooldown?
      I cannot seem to find a good rotation after my burst is finished...
    • By Zerberas
      Hello Zerberas here,
      I recently made a MM Hunter Guide on Youtube (Video) for Patch 7.0.3 and I wanted to get some feedback and how I could make improvements.
      As I am new to using video-cutting programms and video-making in general, i would appreciate it a lot!
      Thank you for your time!
    • By Corbuusier
      (aside from respeccing Arms. Fury4lyfe.)
      Hi all,
      I was a fairly hardcore raider back in BC and Wrath, and even wrote the fury guide way back when. I quit after Wrath and just rejoined recently for Legion, and feel a bit lost. I know Fury is in the gutter right now, but even so I feel like I'm missing something. I've been using the guide on the site here, as a baseline.
      Here's my log from last night's raid:
      And my character sheet:
      Bear in mind that my gear is entry level raiding, I am working on getting enchants and pots and all that. What I need help with is rotation, cooldown usage, etc. and anything I might have missed.
      Edit: I found a good parse to compare:,9&source=3,Aramîs&type=damage-done
      1. It helps to not die...2. he kept DPSing while soaking charges. 3. I realize I've probably been using BT whenever it's up, regardless of whether I'm already enraged or not.