FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

From the guide:

That's generally the best way of doing it.

I would only note that a slightly higher damage output for meta would call for generating some fury before popping it. Iv had better numbers from opening fel rush to 1-2 demons bite then meta into the rest of the combo as you described.

Reasoning for this is that you will get more time with meta up to dump fury then if you use it to open and rely on the auto attacks to bridge the dps gap in having to generate fury to start Meta.

Just from what iv seen on my opening (or when using meta in general).

49 minutes ago, Whisla said:

I think the reason it doesn't wait for fury generation is because barely any of the opening spells use Fury. I may be completely wrong here, but it doesn't look like more than 1 or 2 of the spells do, so there isn't much need to wait.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

I think the reason it doesn't wait for fury generation is because barely any of the opening spells use Fury. I may be completely wrong here, but it doesn't look like more than 1 or 2 of the spells do, so there isn't much need to wait.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

They dont but the thing is meta only helps chaos strike and blade dance while giving haste. So while in meta the whole goal is to get off as many chaos strikes as possible, wasting time doing other things just wastes the meta.

3 minutes ago, Whisla said:

They dont but the thing is meta only helps chaos strike and blade dance while giving haste. So while in meta the whole goal is to get off as many chaos strikes as possible, wasting time doing other things just wastes the meta.

Ah, I see your point.

I'll leave a note for Wordup and he can take a look at it to double check. Thanks for the comments!

Guest Zathonian

I notice that in your guide for stat priority, it didn't say why mastery was the last stat you want to get. I noticed that Chaos Blades has a base of 8% increased damage, but increases with your mastery. We also have our passive Mastery: Demonic Presence that increases our chaos damage. With me having 24% mastery, its increased both to 24% damage increase. Would mastery at some point be better than Vers or haste? 

4 hours ago, Guest Zathonian said:

I notice that in your guide for stat priority, it didn't say why mastery was the last stat you want to get. I noticed that Chaos Blades has a base of 8% increased damage, but increases with your mastery. We also have our passive Mastery: Demonic Presence that increases our chaos damage. With me having 24% mastery, its increased both to 24% damage increase. Would mastery at some point be better than Vers or haste? 

Just from looking at a scaling plot, some slightly altered sims and such, currently, no. Mastery is bottom, if not second bottom, in nearly every scenario.

Guest Build after hotfix

is the talentbuild with bloodlet after the hotfix still viable as it was before? :) did someone already some testing?

16 minutes ago, Guest Build after hotfix said:

is the talentbuild with bloodlet after the hotfix still viable as it was before? :) did someone already some testing?

Quoting Wordup here:

Also just noting here, since they've removed the overwhelming majority of the significant changes from the Hotfix that happened today, things are virtually unchanged, outside of the damage hit that you will be taking from the FR/Fury/BL number changes. Other than that though, it's still the same choices and playstyle.

Hope this helps.

Guest Wannabeqt

Any sims tests have been done yet with haste/mastery items only (with crit 3rd)?  I'm stacking crit/vers/haste atm, works well. But i was wondering if i should get haste/mastery gear for when i'm bored of crit build.  With DB and CB combined i could see this build doing some srs ST dmg. But i think the http://www.wowdb.com/items/137038  ring would be required for this...

Anyways, just curious about that!

17 hours ago, Whisla said:

I would only note that a slightly higher damage output for meta would call for generating some fury before popping it. Iv had better numbers from opening fel rush to 1-2 demons bite then meta into the rest of the combo as you described.

Reasoning for this is that you will get more time with meta up to dump fury then if you use it to open and rely on the auto attacks to bridge the dps gap in having to generate fury to start Meta.

Having Meta up for the duration of your pre-pot (and also getting it off as early as possible) outdoes the value of generating before you entire it. Given that Old War is a % chance to trigger, Haste is giving more instances of triggering this (and the value of Old War procs is enormous). You're going to generate enough to get rolling with the initial sequence regardless, and the Haste will help speed up the GCDs to start your cycle as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest Wannabeqt said:

Any sims tests have been done yet with haste/mastery items only (with crit 3rd)?  I'm stacking crit/vers/haste atm, works well. But i was wondering if i should get haste/mastery gear for when i'm bored of crit build.  With DB and CB combined i could see this build doing some srs ST dmg. But i think the http://www.wowdb.com/items/137038  ring would be required for this...

Anyways, just curious about that!

You mean completely ignore crit and instead gear with worse stats? I'm not sure why that would help? Haste/Mastery are straight up your worst two stats, with Mastery being considerably worse than the others.

Guest Wannabeqt
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

You mean completely ignore crit and instead gear with worse stats? I'm not sure why that would help? Haste/Mastery are straight up your worst two stats, with Mastery being considerably worse than the others.

Not that way. I know how you see this. And you are totally right. All i am wondering is if Demon Blade and Chaos blades would benefit a lot from haste and mastery. Since haste would logically give us more Fury and Chaos damage procs from demon blade thus allowing us to spam Chaos Strike a lot more with that talent. And the mastery would give a huge dmg boost to these chaos dmg abilities. And since Chaos Blade gives 200% Chaos dmg to our AA and a dmg % boost coming from our Mastery, i tought maybe maxing haste/mastery would give us some less random DPS on the sims. Because right now, at 50% crit chances, it still really random on some fights. Sometimes i will deal 6-8 critical strikes in a row and sometimes i won't deal any for 10-15 secs (maybe I am just really unlucky).

Anyways, it was just a build that i tought could be fesable. All i wanted to know is if it has been tested on sims or on actual live toons. Logically adding haste and mastery would mean exponential dps for us... i think. :)

Guest Deix

Just for info: DPS DH from Exordus max haste with a block at 40 crit. 15 haste and 40 crit atm.

It may prove better effectively in raid with DB.

Guest Phantom

Just wondering, would Raddon's Cascading EyesRaddon's Cascading Eyes affect our choices for the first & last tier talents in an end game (raid / mythic+) environment? (i.e. default choices still fel mastery & chaos blades / fel barrage, and blind fury / demonic will still be bad even with the reduced eye beam cooldown?)

5 hours ago, Guest Deix said:

Just for info: DPS DH from Exordus max haste with a block at 40 crit. 15 haste and 40 crit atm.

It may prove better effectively in raid with DB.

Often times those who kill things first are doing so on their skill, as opposed to theoretically best choices. However, that being said, he is using the Legendary ring with Demon Blades, which does have a significant gain from Haste. Not every DH will have access to this, so gearing following that player is not always ideal.

Guest Jimrod422

I don't know if anyone else has mention it to you yet but your guide still states that Nemesis is a 15% damage boost on target for 1 minute and a 2 minute cooldown, when it's actually 20% damage boost for the same amount of time and CD. I currently have 20% mastery and using Chaos blades macroed together with Nemesis seems to work for me than constantly focusing on synching momentum to most of the abilities and I'm top of that making sure your not standing on bad stuff or land on one by accident after a FR and VR. Don't get me wrong I tried momentum for a while until I noticed that majority of the time I found myself out of range from the boss and for a sec or two and another DH in the raid using Fel eruption, Demon blades and fel barrage was topping the dps charts. I liked momentum for a while but it required way too much micro managing for me so I decided now to use nemesis for a while and see how things go from there.

Out of curiosity, ask mr robot wants me to use 2 835 agi crit trinkets over Natures call 850 and PvP insig 840 (Vers with agi proc).

Is this right? I cant seem to get much of any different numbers from self testing and i assume AMR is just weighting pure stats atm.

Guest iplayday&night

never seen vengeful retreat good as fury generator in raiding since i come into situations especially on myth where need to react immediately and this ability is free of global cd so i can always jump out or to someone without waiting for gcd

then with demon blades u free ur gcd from spaming demon bite and with proper crit just rekt the hell out of dps metter, for same reasons is better use nemesis in >some< encounters

lets be honest there is no theorycraft needed for dh rotation, stack crit > press 1 button > collect rares

Guest zero
3 hours ago, Guest iplayday&night said:

lets be honest there is no theorycraft needed for dh rotation, stack crit > press 1 button > collect rares

That's really the mindset of someone that either doesn't play the class competitively or someone that isn't in a serious progression guild.

A skilled player will always look up or do their own theorycrafting to better themselves and remain competitive and to help their guild progress.

On 9/29/2016 at 8:16 PM, Guest Wannabeqt said:

Anyways, it was just a build that i tought could be fesable. All i wanted to know is if it has been tested on sims or on actual live toons. Logically adding haste and mastery would mean exponential dps for us... i think. :)

I'm yet to see anyone trying it, but generally theorycrafters will sim different stats to see the interaction between different builds. I'm sure they covered this build/combo and saw that it basically was outperformed by others, hence why it's not the go-to build now.

On 9/30/2016 at 4:56 AM, Guest Phantom said:

Just wondering, would Raddon's Cascading EyesRaddon's Cascading Eyes affect our choices for the first & last tier talents in an end game (raid / mythic+) environment? (i.e. default choices still fel mastery & chaos blades / fel barrage, and blind fury / demonic will still be bad even with the reduced eye beam cooldown?)

Will double check and get back to you.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:27 AM, Guest Jimrod422 said:

I liked momentum for a while but it required way too much micro managing for me so I decided now to use nemesis for a while and see how things go from there.

I think that's fair enough. It's not for everyone, it's just crazy-micro heavy at times and some people simply don't like it. I'll get the 15/20% discrepancy fixed anyway.

On 9/30/2016 at 6:30 PM, moddlock said:

Has anyone by chance made an up-to-date script for Ovale Spell Priority of this Rotation? 

Not that I can see, no. You can try looking for a WeakAura of the rotation instead on wago.io

9 hours ago, Guest iplayday&night said:

there is no theorycraft needed

How did you know to stack crit?