FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

Guest Lygtan
On 2016-11-29 at 10:24 PM, Guest Demonpodgurc said:

I was looking at stat priority but do not know at what % threshold should i start prioritizyng next stat like with dk 25% haste and crit is threshold to more worry about mastery while increasing crit and keeping haste up increasing it a little

When you start getting some amount of gear you should start simcrafting your character.

Here is a easy to follow guide. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pW5mWY9nkfWoRCOHfoXqeeGb8s-jMoSVy-g8uveUv4c/preview

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 9:24 PM, Guest Demonpodgurc said:

I was looking at stat priority but do not know at what % threshold should i start prioritizyng next stat like with dk 25% haste and crit is threshold to more worry about mastery while increasing crit and keeping haste up increasing it a little

Stats are incredibly fluid for most classes in Legion. It's a big exception that there is such a specific set of breakpoints for the FDK guide. The best way to find out what thresholds you should start moving away from certain stats is by simming your own character. It is completely dependent on the rest of your stat values.

On 11/30/2016 at 3:28 PM, Guest Bael said:

Are you guys gonna give this guide a massive over hall after 7.1.5

Of course! All necessary changes will be made.

I am having a lot of trouble finding decent gear at the moment. Started at about Ilvl 825 and almost everything I'm picking up takes an absolutely massive hit to my crit. The chest piece upgrade I have jumps 20 Ilvl but drops my crit by over 900. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky with the drops or something? 

On 12/14/2016 at 7:57 AM, Sn1k said:

Hi again. Third time same question. Now i have Bloodthirsty Instinct (865), Hunger of the Pack (880) and Horn of Valor (885). What to do? :)

As said above by Kindh, the easiest way to compared trinkets will always be through simulation. Give that a go with the guide he linked and you'll find it much easier to compare! :)

On 12/10/2016 at 10:25 AM, CaptainKokomo said:

Maybe I'm just unlucky with the drops or something? 

It does sound like this is the thing, yeah. When you are at that low of an item level though, I'd take the big upgrades, even if I lose crit.

I am in doubt as to the rotation, in the guide says to use metamorphosis in the beginning, to later use fury of the ilidari / glaves / chaos blade.

But none of these abilities are affected by metamorphosis, correct? So why waste time of metamophosis if I am not gaining any additional damage to those abilities? Would not it be better use them before, and after finish all the CDs, than use metamorphosis to spammar annihilation?

Thanks

On 12/19/2016 at 3:45 PM, Hotzz said:

But none of these abilities are affected by metamorphosis, correct? So why waste time of metamophosis if I am not gaining any additional damage to those abilities? Would not it be better use them before, and after finish all the CDs, than use metamorphosis to spammar annihilation?

If you are referring to the opener, Haste reduces your GCD and BCD of spells such as Throw Glaive.

• Like 1

Guest Mikey

Does Agility as top stat mean always prioritize item level? Since higher ilvl gear will always have more Agility...

On 12/29/2016 at 3:05 AM, Guest Mikey said:

Does Agility as top stat mean always prioritize item level? Since higher ilvl gear will always have more Agility...

As with all other stats, it depends. If you're gaining 50 agility, but losing 600 C/V to change for H/M, it's not worth it. The easiest way to know will always be with SimCraft and checking your personal weights!

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Hello just a few considerations and doubts

Why in the cast sequence did you put Fury of the Illidari on # 4 and Chaos Blade on # 6? Would not it be more interesting to have used Chaos Blade before to take advantage of the Fury of the Illidari damage bonus?

A correction, on the skill page, you describe Chaos Cleave giving an additional 25%, how much do we actually have an additional 50%, or am I wrong?

Guest Hellish

It would seem there have been a few hotfixes or last-second changes... specifically, Chaos Cleave now reads that the damage increase is 10% and Demon Blades is nerfed further to 60%. Does that change anything regarding talents?

7 hours ago, Hotzz said:

Why in the cast sequence did you put Fury of the Illidari on # 4 and Chaos Blade on # 6? Would not it be more interesting to have used Chaos Blade before to take advantage of the Fury of the Illidari damage bonus?

The ST rotation is a priority system, rather than a sequence. As you can see in the opening rotation, you Chaos Blades and Fury later. It is as it is in the ST rotation simply because it is more important to FotI more regularly than CB, due to the shorter cooldown and higher chance of missing a usage in a full fight.

7 hours ago, Hotzz said:

A correction, on the skill page, you describe Chaos Cleave giving an additional 25%, how much do we actually have an additional 50%, or am I wrong?

Will get this updated.

46 minutes ago, Guest Hellish said:

It would seem there have been a few hotfixes or last-second changes... specifically, Chaos Cleave now reads that the damage increase is 10% and Demon Blades is nerfed further to 60%. Does that change anything regarding talents?

Will pass this on to Wordup, if it does, it will be updated shortly.

“ Felblade’s cooldown resets 50% more often from Demon’s Bite

Would not that put demons bite in a stronger perspective than demon blade if i'm using felblade?

Guest seezc

I would like to know if this guide was done considering the horrible patch notes blizzard released or with the last ptr build, as they put changes between them (as always you can never have hope in them...). I just... don't know how to play this class anymore. Everything changed from stat priority (need to change all my gear, so fun) to rotation and build. I need any sort of guidance i can find. Thank you

1 hour ago, Hotzz said:

“ Felblade’s cooldown resets 50% more often from Demon’s Bite

Would not that put demons bite in a stronger perspective than demon blade if i'm using felblade?

It's entirely possible. Wordup is keeping a very close eye on all changes that are, even with a few hours till launch, starting to pop up now. 

Any necessary changes will be made ASAP!

42 minutes ago, Guest seezc said:

I would like to know if this guide was done considering the horrible patch notes blizzard released or with the last ptr build, as they put changes between them (as always you can never have hope in them...). I just... don't know how to play this class anymore. Everything changed from stat priority (need to change all my gear, so fun) to rotation and build. I need any sort of guidance i can find. Thank you

Both, essentially. Unfortunately, even more differences are still starting to appear. 

Any changes that are necessary are being watched extremely closely by Wordup, so as soon as anything needs changing it will be updated.

Guest Asziel

Due to the sinergy between Felblade and Demon's Bite, wouldn't it be necessary to have both in the talent tree to make the option viable (meaning you either take Felblade or Demon Blades, never both)?

Also, Chaos Cleave hits and additional 10% (not 25% as stated in the guide). Comparing it to First Blood, which one is better in single target situation? I'm still a little confused at this tier when facing single and multiple targets.

Overall I feel like Blizz gave us 2 options of rotations and talents towards a single target or multiple targets situation. The changes make it clear that you'd have to adapt your build towards the encounter rather than having a single constant better damage output option.

Guest Varamar

I find hard to believe that in 7.1.5 our best relic are the ones who give 5 % more damage to throw glaive, now that bloodlet is not picked and instead we're gonna be using first blood, our best relics should be chaos strike critical damage.

Guest Æzrien

2 questions about 7.1.5 if you guys know currently

1. with momentum build being nerfed to the ground (speaking of st) and felblade being our go to for st now, assuming that the individual is using the recommended set up for dungs and raids (as seen in 2.2 on the talent page) does that make felrush obsolete and not worth casting (outside of using it to get in and out of areas depending on the circumstances?

2. with chaos cleave being nerfed to 10% instead of 25% (according to live as im typing this) would that move firstblood into being a better pick for aoe fights (since the synergy with balanced blades will buff it slightly more)? and along the same lines of thinking, could that also bump bloodlet back into being viable for st?

Guest Khaotix

id just like to point out a mistake on 2.3 apparently demonic is a lvl 99 talent and 110. :)