FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

I tried out Demon Blades on my DH, and like some earlier comments point out, you waste a lot of fury if you wait until 70 fury, or even 60. While it's true that one weapon attack can only proc twice, giving a maximum of 40 fury, you forget that we are dual wielding :p I very often get a double proc on one weapon, then 0.1 second late get a proc on my other weapon. I looked through my logs, and sometimes I even get 4 procs within 0.1 second. 

I would suggest spamming chaos strike at all times if you can, unless you're saving up for meta or something along those lines.

Here's the link to the log of Tyrant, where I tried out demon blades https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fjX8qzrKPy21vLHF#type=resources&source=19&view=events&spell=117 
At 49.498 seconds into the fight I get a double proc, and again at 49.601 I get another double proc, just 0.1 second apart. 

1 hour ago, Afam said:

Can u add talents to 110 lvl?

i have a little plan but i dont know its good or no

~`tier1 Fel Mastery

` tier 2 Prepared

`tier3 - Felblade

`tier 4 - Soul Rending for test but i think other ones little better

`tier 5 - Momentum

` tier 6 Master of the Glaive

`tier 7 Demonic

only dont know what the best choice of tier7 and tier4

The talents past level 100 will be added when the guide is updated for Legion's release, which should be sometime next week.

Hey Wordup, thanks for the update to your guide.

I'm a little confused by the phrasing "sync with Momentum."

So for example when you say " Cast Fel Barrage IconFel Barrage at 5 charges, try to sync with Momentum IconMomentum if taken" are you saying I delay using Fel Barrage until I have the momentum buff up?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I played a warrior in WoD so I was used to using certain abilities ONLY when I had the enrage buff up.

6 hours ago, Sven said:

Hey Wordup, thanks for the update to your guide.

I'm a little confused by the phrasing "sync with Momentum."

So for example when you say " Cast Fel Barrage IconFel Barrage at 5 charges, try to sync with Momentum IconMomentum if taken" are you saying I delay using Fel Barrage until I have the momentum buff up?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I played a warrior in WoD so I was used to using certain abilities ONLY when I had the enrage buff up.

It means that you should be attempting to sync it up with Momentum if possible (so generally hold for up to 3~ seconds to do so) but don't use it strictly during momentum if you start to waste uses/charges.

What about using Fury of the Illidari on single target when you have Rage of the Illidari unlocked?

Why not use Eye Beam on single target? What about with Anguish of the Deceiver unlocked?

Edited by hsram

5 hours ago, hsram said:

What about using Fury of the Illidari on single target when you have Rage of the Illidari unlocked?

Why not use Eye Beam on single target? What about with Anguish of the Deceiver unlocked?

These are both covered in the rotation section. Fury on single target is highest priority under momentum activators with or without Rage, and Eye Beam is listed in the rotation for ST specifically if you have Anguish unlocked, otherwise is not worth the cast.

4 hours ago, TheFandomGuy said:

Out of curiosity, how did you get those stat weights in the gear section? Do you use some equation or another method?

They are generated via simc using flattened stats of 4.5k of each so as to not weight any higher due to synergy.

Bloodlet increases throw glaives dmg by 200%, given that the enemy doesn't die, so in the best case scenario it's triple damage. On single target you have it higher in the rotation than Annihilation, but in multitarget rotation, throw glaive without the talent, is not even worth using according to the list. In multitarget, throw glaive hits 3 enemies, in other words, triple damage. So bloodlet in single target does the same as untalented in multitraget.

Why is throw glaive so far down the list in multitarget, when it's high in single target? 

18 hours ago, Astrinaar said:

Bloodlet increases throw glaives dmg by 200%, given that the enemy doesn't die, so in the best case scenario it's triple damage. On single target you have it higher in the rotation than Annihilation, but in multitarget rotation, throw glaive without the talent, is not even worth using according to the list. In multitarget, throw glaive hits 3 enemies, in other words, triple damage. So bloodlet in single target does the same as untalented in multitraget.

Why is throw glaive so far down the list in multitarget, when it's high in single target? 

It's a good point and I'll look into it, there are some things in there that may have snuck in for non-standard builds so I'll try to eek them out, but I see no reason (other than trying to force inner demons) that Throw Glaive wouldn't push ahead of Chaos Strike at 3 targets. I'll look through and update as necessary, thanks for bringing it up :D

Guest Deix

The opening rotation is not maxed. You should include Throw Glaive during VR as soon as you get momentum then chaos blade + FoTI at the SAME TIME, then Metamorphosis = 400k DPS instant (830 ilvl ~)

Guest Gregoire

Hello all,

I would like to reverse the tought of demon blades being bad.

I have been playing with demon blades since 100 and find it very appealing. By keeping throw glaive, fel rush and retreat on a constant cooldown I rarely just sit waiting for fury to build up. Because demon blades doesn't proc while on gcd and instead stacks procs, I often find myself having a full fury bar after using trow glaive and fel rush or throw glaive and retreat combos. I might even be overcapping some fury. I also think spending fury more frequent instead of waiting for it to build up is the way to go. I find myself often outdpsing other havoc DH's with the praised vengefull retreat build.

not a boring specc at all of you ask me

I'm running with bloodlet, momentum and master of the glaive.

12 hours ago, Guest Deix said:

The opening rotation is not maxed. You should include Throw Glaive during VR as soon as you get momentum then chaos blade + FoTI at the SAME TIME, then Metamorphosis = 400k DPS instant (830 ilvl ~)

Doing that would mean part of your Fury of the Illidari will be un-affected by Momentum, which is not ideal. First global of Momentum should always be Fury if you're intending to use it during that window for that reason. The opener listed is for a general catch all situation to get you started in a fight ASAP without expending tools that will be later potentially be required for AoE (such as Fury), hense why it's not listed.

Guest Deix
13 hours ago, wordup said:

Doing that would mean part of your Fury of the Illidari will be un-affected by Momentum, which is not ideal. First global of Momentum should always be Fury if you're intending to use it during that window for that reason. The opener listed is for a general catch all situation to get you started in a fight ASAP without expending tools that will be later potentially be required for AoE (such as Fury), hense why it's not listed.

Yeah sorry that what I wanted to say. I just noticed in the opening single target section there is not even TG and Fury mentioned. FoTI + ChaosBlade then TG obv.

Guest Keyadaridan

I was wondering something that wasn't added to the rotation. Is Eye Beam added in the single target rotation if there will be no adds? This is not counting the trait that increases its damage. I just want to know if it's worth using during a 100% single target fight. Same question goes for Fury of the Illidari.

1 hour ago, Guest Keyadaridan said:

I was wondering something that wasn't added to the rotation. Is Eye Beam added in the single target rotation if there will be no adds? This is not counting the trait that increases its damage. I just want to know if it's worth using during a 100% single target fight. Same question goes for Fury of the Illidari.

Fury yes, Eye beam no. EB is only used ST if you have the Anguish gold trait for it, otherwise it is AoE only.

Guest Yliche

Why is versatility prioritized over mastery or haste? Most moves are chaos damage. Don't you get a higher increase from mastery than versatility? Haste also seems better with demon blades build?

Also, I personally don't see how eye beam is worth casting ST even with deceiver. I feel like inner demons out performs it because it's a proc from your main DPS fury spender. With the chance to get fury back on crit and the cast time of EB, I don't see how that can be more useful even with deceiver.

Also, not sure why you recommend fel rushing twice right away at the opener? You can fel rush once to start the cooldown and possibly throw both glaives here, build up fury, VR and drop chaos strikes to get into rotation. 

4 hours ago, Guest Yliche said:

Why is versatility prioritized over mastery or haste? Most moves are chaos damage. Don't you get a higher increase from mastery than versatility? Haste also seems better with demon blades build?

Also, I personally don't see how eye beam is worth casting ST even with deceiver. I feel like inner demons out performs it because it's a proc from your main DPS fury spender. With the chance to get fury back on crit and the cast time of EB, I don't see how that can be more useful even with deceiver.

Also, not sure why you recommend fel rushing twice right away at the opener? You can fel rush once to start the cooldown and possibly throw both glaives here, build up fury, VR and drop chaos strikes to get into rotation. 

Roughly 65%~ of your overall damage will be sourced from Chaos, whilst Versatility increases all damage, and is only 20%~ more expensive per percent. Haste is also noticeably less important due to Metamorphosis, and Demon Blades gains no additional benefit compared to non-Demon Blades builds, as Demon's Bite is still GCD locked and benefits as much from the GCD reduction.

Eye Beam in ST is simply more damage per cast, Inner Demons is an incredibly infrequent proc (1 RPPM to be specific, so cannot be relied on to even out damage), It's been pretty conclusively determined it's worth the cast in ST after the trait.

I recommend Fel Rushing twice in the opener (specifically without Momentum) because it's damage per global is highest to generate enough Fury to set up Metamorphosis, which when opening is extremely important. Without momentum, obviously a mistake because you are sacrificing uptime.

Guest Wardonis

Can you please show some type of rotation that doesn't include momentum? I really don't like it and don't want to use it. Assume not using any movement for dps. What would the rotation be? Currently I took Chaos Cleave, Demonic Appitite and Fel Eruption. At 830 ilvl I pull 200k single target and average 500k-600k dps aoe. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Wardlaw/simple but I want to know if there is a way to push that furthur, without momentum.

1 hour ago, Guest Wardonis said:

Can you please show some type of rotation that doesn't include momentum? I really don't like it and don't want to use it. Assume not using any movement for dps. What would the rotation be? Currently I took Chaos Cleave, Demonic Appitite and Fel Eruption. At 830 ilvl I pull 200k single target and average 500k-600k dps aoe. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Wardlaw/simple but I want to know if there is a way to push that furthur, without momentum.

you can simply ignore the momentum tags, anything that mentions that specifically which are only used with momentum talented is mentioned. However, if you want to push further without it, you're going to struggle, as the non movement oriented talents are significantly weaker than the alternatives, Demonic Appetite and Fel Eruption being particularly bad choices compared to both alternatives on their tier.

Guest Wardonis
59 minutes ago, wordup said:

you can simply ignore the momentum tags, anything that mentions that specifically which are only used with momentum talented is mentioned. However, if you want to push further without it, you're going to struggle, as the non movement oriented talents are significantly weaker than the alternatives, Demonic Appetite and Fel Eruption being particularly bad choices compared to both alternatives on their tier.

Perhaps in raid. But not in 5man surly. I gain a ton of fury through demonic apitite.

Guest Nosferaturas

Quick question:  Is the ring that drops in the Court of Stars, which gives 10% more auto attack DMG, good enough in a Demon Blades build? As long as Demon Blades is viable? Seems like a good fit, but on the other hand 10% are not that much. Cheers  I would love to hear something on that

Guest Noxeo

Is momentum still the way to go? 

Nemesis is now a 20% damage buff instead of 15% and has a 100% uptime with your other buffs which makes it stronger than 20%. I haven't used momentum in raids till now, but in many mythics it's difficult to stay at the target after FR and VR because of the small hitbox of most bosses.

Maybe it's more easy in raids, I can't tell yet. 

I guess they are about even in a single target fight or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Guest Noxeo said:

Yes it is.

1 hour ago, Guest Noxeo said:

Nemesis is now a 20% damage buff instead of 15% and has a 100% uptime

No it doesn't. CD is 2 min, duration is 1 min.